Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ollie, the younger of my two parrots, is a signed up member of the Western Bulldogs Football Club now.

Ours aren't owned by millionaires like yours. They are more like a co op. So, we do things like buying imaginary season tickets for our pets.

Perhaps you could sponsor a smoldering chlamydic koala as well.
You can name him Huddy.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a0e64e7feb16b6faa52960f56ed9975d.jpg

Freezing

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is baseball on yet? Very quiet here without sports banter
Soooooon! March 26th. Hawkie is going to have a much better team than me :(. We’ve had hella turnover, from manager to players. Our old manager retired after 15ish years, leading the Giants to 3 championships in 5 years. He’d previously managed another team for over 10 years. EVERYONE is going to miss him...

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Soooooon! March 26th. Hawkie is going to have a much better team than me :(. We’ve had hella turnover, from manager to players. Our old manager retired after 15ish years, leading the Giants to 3 championships in 5 years. He’d previously managed another team for over 10 years. EVERYONE is going to miss him...
Poor grannybear

Giants, right?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I’m enjoying college baseball right now.
My HAWKEYES have wins over 3 top 20 teams.
And the basketball team has a strong pulse going into tournament time.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you knuckles heard about our toilet paper crisis? Apparently CV-19 means that people need to stockpile

I have absolutely no idea why people are stockpiling toilet paper.
My BIL/SIL bought out an entire cosco according to my wife. Lifetime supply of butt wipe, 4 gallons of hand sanitizer, a cart full of batteries and enough meat to open a steakhouse and run it for a year.

I predict that by the end of March this corona will kill us all hype will have ran its course.
Me thinks it’s a tool being hyped for reasons not related to world wide health. Could be wrong but so much of it doesn’t add up. And the sad part is that if that’s the case a lot of companys/industries will have suffered greatly because of it.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have absolutely no idea why people are stockpiling toilet paper.
My BIL/SIL bought out an entire cosco according to my wife. Lifetime supply of butt wipe, 4 gallons of hand sanitizer, a cart full of batteries and enough meat to open a steakhouse and run it for a year.

I predict that by the end of March this corona will kill us all hype will have ran its course.
Me thinks it’s a tool being hyped for reasons not related to world wide health. Could be wrong but so much of it doesn’t add up. And the sad part is that if that’s the case a lot of companys/industries will have suffered greatly because of it.

Doesn’t help when the department of health advises people to do so. Last week Friday Costco did not have any containers of water or tissue on the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doesn’t help when the department of health advises people to do so. Last week Friday Costco did not have any containers of water or tissue on the pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Lots of fear being brought on.
The media screams doom and gloom then runs a segment on people hyperventilating about it and how to overcome the irrational fear they’re experiencing. Maybe if they toned it down and cited the numbers, or told the whole story, then maybe the public wouldn’t panic.
At one point they told that over 88,000 in China had been infected. The talking head repeated 88,000 3 times.....very slowly and deliberately.....and that was it. The next day on a talk radio show the host brought this up and explained that yes, 88,000 had been infected but at that time 35,000 had recovered from it and the rate of new infections had plummeted. He then cited the number of people infected with influenza during that same time and the number was greater and the death rate was also greater.
Not saying it’s a non issue but saying it may be getting an over abundance of attention for other reasons.
Would be interested to see how it’s being reported around the world.....if it’s in this same “we all gonna die” fashion or if it’s a bit more rational.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What did they use for toilet paper before it was invented?
Before the advent of modern toilet paper many different materials were used for the same purposes. Different materials were used depending upon the country, weather conditions, social customs and status. People used leaves, grass, ferns, corn cobs, maize, fruit skins, seashells, stone, sand, moss, snow and water.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What did they use for toilet paper before it was invented?
Before the advent of modern toilet paper many different materials were used for the same purposes. Different materials were used depending upon the country, weather conditions, social customs and status. People used leaves, grass, ferns, corn cobs, maize, fruit skins, seashells, stone, sand, moss, snow and water.

every American Midwesterner knows that the correct answer is the corn cob.
You use what you have on hand.
I really feel sorry for the desert folk with all the cactus.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
wouldn't the outer leafy casing be better suited?

naw.....maybe for the finale, but you need some rough texture with “grip” for that initial swipe.
The leafy would probably be a good finish however.
Do y’all ever use a koala?
Not the fiery, smoldering type of course......just the normal chlamydic ones. Would think the fur would work well.

Now Herk is wondering why I’m looking at him the way I am. He needs a bath anyway.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
naw.....maybe for the finale, but you need some rough texture with “grip” for that initial swipe.
The leafy would probably be a good finish however.
Do y’all ever use a koala?
Not the fiery, smoldering type of course......just the normal chlamydic ones. Would think the fur would work well.

Now Herk is wondering why I’m looking at him the way I am. He needs a bath anyway.
they are pretty fat, and heavy

... and chlamidic

probably better than echidnas?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Feetsball with actual feets next week

They have banned spectators attending. So they are playing to empty stadiums.

Opening game of the season they were expecting 80 thousand. So interesting to see different dynamics

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My new reality of no sports is super depressing. Selfishly of course. Our county has 10+ cases (in reality probably way more) and 1 death. Schools closed, a run on the markets etc. plus, my shingles “tingles” are back, very mild but that pisses me off.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We (the good old USA) have gone flat out bat shit crazy about this whole thing.
Nothing wrong with being cautious but the powers that be have gone nuts.
Anyone remember the hysteria over the swine flu? Of course not. There was no hyperventilating over it even with 60 million contracting it, 300,000 hospitalized and 18,000 deaths.
No NCAA tournament, college World Series...etc...
So far, since last Thursday, the city of Omaha has lost over $100 million and counting. Now job shutdowns are being discussed.

thanks for listening.
Please send toilet paper and a good book.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We (the good old USA) have gone flat out bat shit crazy about this whole thing.
Nothing wrong with being cautious but the powers that be have gone nuts.
Anyone remember the hysteria over the swine flu? Of course not. There was no hyperventilating over it even with 60 million contracting it, 300,000 hospitalized and 18,000 deaths.
No NCAA tournament, college World Series...etc...
So far, since last Thursday, the city of Omaha has lost over $100 million and counting. Now job shutdowns are being discussed.

thanks for listening.
Please send toilet paper and a good book.
i remember when i was in school. Cooties and girl germs ran rampant, but none of this nonsense

VU Sponsors