Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m home with my daughter who just had her appendix out....and other girly things done.

I...............AM...........NEARLY...............HOMICIDAL................

I......
.MAY.........BE......ON.......THE......6 OCLOCK.........NEWS.....

Dudes aren’t like this.....just sayin.....

Aaaaarrrrghhhhhhh.....

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m home with my daughter who just had her appendix out....and other girly things done.

I......

Aaaaarrrrghhhhhhh.....

That’s what you get for breaking her appendix.

Hang in there. How much worse can it get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Just get in there. Give her a bottle of water, her meds, and the remote - done and thank me later.

Defeatist mentality.....

And your probably right...

Dammit......

So much of my life isn’t my life....sometimes I gotta fight and scrap just to pretend to have a say so....and we all know I have no say so....

College football can’t get here quick enough...total immersion in an alternate plane...

Plus my non-Cali BRAVES are still kickin....so far....

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Defeatist mentality.....

And your probably right...

Dammit......

So much of my life isn’t my life....sometimes I gotta fight and scrap just to pretend to have a say so....and we all know I have no say so....

College football can’t get here quick enough...total immersion in an alternate plane...

Plus my non-Cali BRAVES are still kickin....so far....

Well done grasshopper.
It’s a “win “, if we fight a good fight.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you're not doing fatherhood right

you're meant to feed her whatever will cause the most pain for her given ailment, and say it is therapeutic

that's what my old man did

Old school - bite the bullet . . .

Reminds me of when they were re-suturing some dog bites that got infected. Pops scolded me for "dropping tears".
About a year later he had to do the same thing on his hand. He came home and apologized. :teehee:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2322365e69106e951a1fe68f415ddce7.jpg

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear from you furry mama, and glad you walked from your accident.
Wheeling is a portal to hell and probably the reason for the accident.

If we only posted printable news this thread would be bare. Come by more often. It’s hard for me to keep all the knuckles in line by myself.
Thanks! I think you do a very good job all by yourself. How ya been doing?

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I......

Aaaaarrrrghhhhhhh.....
Now, just be nice. You know you love taking care of her. C'mon, you can admit it. I won't revoke your man card.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve been as nice as I know how.
When I’m sick I want to be left alone. I don’t understand someone wanting constant attention.
Damn snowflakes.....they don’t even know how to recover properly.
She could be as bad as I am. I tend to jump up and go back to working shortly after surgery. I think I have so much daily pain from fibromyalgia that the wee bit of extra from surgeries just doesn't seem worth the trouble of "resting". After my last abdominal surgery, I waited about 4 weeks before I bought a new Cal King mattress (sleep number type) and wrestled the old one out, the new one in and set it up. What the heck do those doctors know about recuperating for 6-8 weeks?

edited to add: I am an idiot. Don't try this at home.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
She could be as bad as I am. I tend to jump up and go back to working shortly after surgery. I think I have so much daily pain from fibromyalgia that the wee bit of extra from surgeries just doesn't seem worth the trouble of "resting". After my last abdominal surgery, I waited about 4 weeks before I bought a new Cal King mattress (sleep number type) and wrestled the old one out, the new one in and set it up. What the heck do those doctors know about recuperating for 6-8 weeks?

edited to add: I am an idiot. Don't try this at home.

Yeah...I’m kinda stupid that way as well.
Fractured my ankle on a Saturday morning last October.....finally went to the doc on Tuesday.
Damn near killed me working on it all day Monday, but I didn’t cry and nobody accused me of being a snowflake.
It’s still kinda funky but it gives me a really cool swagger...I kinda walk like a cross of Igor and a zombie....a cool zombie....and if I need to “run”.....it’s kinda a step, step, skip move......real sexy....the babes love it.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fractured my ankle on a Saturday morning last October.....finally went to the doc on Tuesday.
Damn near killed me working on it all day Monday, but I didn’t cry and nobody accused me of being a snowflake.
It’s still kinda funky but it gives me a really cool swagger...I kinda walk like a cross of Igor and a zombie....a cool zombie....and if I need to “run”.....it’s kinda a step, step, skip move......real sexy....the babes love it.

If you change your socks and underwear, it takes some of the hitch out of the walk. At least for me . . .. :idea:

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I’m a (old) babe and I LUV it :)

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hawkie, can you come look after me?

i haven't had surgery, but i was born a bit sick, if you follow me?

I’d love to come take care of you.
Caffeine and nicotine for breakfast......then a sponge bath.
Caffeine, nicotine and licorice for lunch....then a sponge bath.
.......nap.......then a sponge bath....
Some kind of meat for supper....probably pig of some kind and nicotine.....then a sponge bath.
Then easy, restful time till bed time.....and since I’ve already had 4 sponge baths today we’ll give you 1.

I was born a bit sick as well.....and it’s worked out pretty good.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I forgot you go kommando' - must be the socks, or the crocs . . .. :hug:

Only time you would ever see me in crocs is if the mortician was feeling froggy....and even at that, he would probably be grudge haunted till he joined me in the dirt nap.

Old dude at Lowe’s yesterday.....Hawaiian shirt....shiny slacks.........
AND CROCS.......really, really, really, really really, really wanted to enlighten him.....then he was kinda a dick and I was like, let it ooze it out of those tiny holes dip shit.

I’ve pretty much poisoned the well in my part of the store for crocs....
Even closet croc wearers won’t admit to it now....lol....

I feel I’ve fulfilled a vital public service by doing so....

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only time you would ever see me in crocs is if the mortician was feeling froggy....and even at that, he would probably be grudge haunted till he joined me in the dirt nap.

AND CROCS.......really, really, really, really really, really wanted to enlighten him.....then he was kinda a dick and I was like, let it ooze it out of those tiny holes dip shit.

I didn't realise that you were the fashion police?

I wear crocs because my back is too fucked to put on socks and sneakers.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

What’s wrong with hawaiian shirts and shiny slacks?
And do adidas slides count as crocs?

VU Sponsors