911abd9078cd0a479e1df81919acf573.jpg
5047cc657188f7a9c1bb9ec658977349.jpg
ab7d569e043089b0522d4a02c768e732.jpg
bc93baf5f0e243ae2de153838467de57.jpg

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Diets are no fun.

Hey knuckles ️ I’ve got a new job and it’s been keeping me busy. A sporting goods store most people have never heard of, but it pays the bills and possibly room for advancement if I kiss enough asses. Used to think I was too good for the ass kissing thing but when you’re broke as a joke you are suddenly quite humble and willing to do many things

Anyway, besides that my littlest knuckle is still keeping us on our toes with med changes etc. He could wear out mother Teresa and the pope all in the same go. Add in a major 8 going 18 little miss and we live in a battlefield. Eventually they will grow up.....

Anyway have been following most of yas on Facebook as I can. Just wanted to pop in for a hello. Smooches y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think we are all but dead around here. I keep checking in but seems like folks have moved on. That is not a bad thing! However, I do miss the "old" days.

Me too :( unfortunately life keeps getting in the way. 6 and 7 day work weeks on top of all the momming and life crap and I barely have time to breathe anymore. I try to keep up on Facebook

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me too :( unfortunately life keeps getting in the way. 6 and 7 day work weeks on top of all the momming and life crap and I barely have time to breathe anymore. I try to keep up on Facebook

i try to keep up on fb too

but it is different, people are so politically focused there. Everyone has a cause that dominates their posts

it used to be food and puppers, now it is political rants

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I work the 6 day/week schedule too but I don't have the momming stuff. My husband is great about taking care of the house etc. so I can just go out and make enough money to keep us going.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

but it is different, people are so politically focused there. Everyone has a cause that dominates their posts

I am guilty of the political rants. It is hard not to get involved. I have a cousin that is so off the wall, and I cannot ignore her delusional posts. I apologize if I am making anyone uncomfortable. I would hate to be block because of my political leanings but I would understand.

I like it to be puppers. I have joined a group called Pittie Nation on FB and there are so many wonderful videos. Can't share them because it is a "private group" but anyone is allowed in if the just ask.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
had to order a new fridge in an awful rush this week

mum had just done her big grocery shop the morning before fridge died. But harvey norman had our new one delivered, installed, and all packaging and old fridge gone within 12 hours. So no food spoilage

now that i am over the sticker shock, and needing to put it on credit, i can say it is a good fridge we got

very quiet, energy efficient, and less wasted space with shelf design than old one

it is a westinghouse :)

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That doesn't make losing a fridge not suck

Sorry, didn't mean to minimize your loss.
Our remodeling started with the bathrooms. The kitchen and dining area was next, but ended up being everything but the windows. Now it's the windows and an ac unit. Good thing we only have three in our townhouse.

On a different note - love the artwork you put up on FB and the other place.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, didn't mean to minimize your loss.
Our remodeling started with the bathrooms. The kitchen and dining area was next, but ended up being everything but the windows. Now it's the windows and an ac unit. Good thing we only have three in our townhouse.

On a different note - love the artwork you put up on FB and the other place.

feel free to pick one of the ones posted on FB

they are all from decades ago, stay in a cupboard here

already mailing 2, so if you do pick one or two, i might hold off mailing until next pay though

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No puppies, but 6 grandkids and golf . . . o_O
Keith you’ll get a kick out of this I think...hubby and I just got back from visiting a VERY private country club in Los Angeles (not allowed to use the full name in any social media but you can figure it out..a CC in LA) that my great grandfather designed in the 20s. Turns out we had some 1920pictures of the course being built that no one had ever seen. I got to give out a trophy for an amateur tourney named after said great grandfather. The place was incredibly beautiful. Now back to real life...

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Keith you’ll get a kick out of this I think...hubby and I just got back from visiting a VERY private country club in Los Angeles (not allowed to use the full name in any social media but you can figure it out..a CC in LA) that my great grandfather designed in the 20s. Turns out we had some 1920pictures of the course being built that no one had ever seen. I got to give out a trophy for an amateur tourney named after said great grandfather. The place was incredibly beautiful. Now back to real life...

Riviera' is a gem.
Our CC is a local muni'. No monthly dues and they allow our group to imbibe on the course and in the parking lot.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Riviera' is a gem.
Our CC is a local muni'. No monthly dues and they allow our group to imbibe on the course and in the parking lot.
This wasn’t Riviera or Bel Air...it’s the 3rd one in that area, and is hosting the 2023 US Open
Gotta love clubs that let you imbibe on the course!! :)

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This wasn’t Riviera or Bel Air...it’s the 3rd one in that area, and is hosting the 2023 US Open
Gotta love clubs that let you imbibe on the course!! :)

They are all way above my pay grade and skill level. :giggle:
I don't partake, but the group usually does red wine. A member works for a national distributor, so has access to samples and discontinued lines - they do stuff that you normally see in fine dining places.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey folks! I don't do Fakebook so I likely won't be seeing much of y'all in the future.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" and wish everyone well.

Hawk, if you ever get back to Atlanta and have some spare time, let me know. I think it would be a blast to see a Braves game with ya' ... beers on me ... not literally of course, lol.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey folks! I don't do Fakebook so I likely won't be seeing much of y'all in the future.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hi" and wish everyone well.

Hawk, if you ever get back to Atlanta and have some spare time, let me know. I think it would be a blast to see a Braves game with ya' ... beers on me ... not literally of course, lol.

Hey Haze.
Good to see you again.
Would love to see a game with you in the new stadium. Was back last year for a funeral....not a good trip.
Traffic sucks around Atlanta way more than it did 15 years ago.
My daughter wants to come down for a game someday so maybe it will happen....and beers may literally end up on you....lol.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I try to keep it to funny photos and videos. It does get too political to the point I log right back out sometimes after scrolling for a minute. I also “liked” a lot of dog pages so I can see some cute to break up the stupid lol

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realized yesterday I’ve passed the “20s” stage of life and somehow turned into an old woman. I grumbled on the 3rd about staying up to watch the fireworks and not being in bed by 9. Then grumbled about “those dumb kids” across the street last night setting off their own fireworks last night til 2 am. I used to close down the bar on a regular basis and now am upset if everyone isn’t quiet and in bed by 9 and won’t even talk about not being able to find pants that aren’t stretchy or shoes that aren’t comfy enough. I’m getting old y’all

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I realized yesterday I’ve passed the “20s” stage of life and somehow turned into an old woman. I grumbled on the 3rd about staying up to watch the fireworks and not being in bed by 9. Then grumbled about “those dumb kids” across the street last night setting off their own fireworks last night til 2 am. I used to close down the bar on a regular basis and now am upset if everyone isn’t quiet and in bed by 9 and won’t even talk about not being able to find pants that aren’t stretchy or shoes that aren’t comfy enough. I’m getting old y’all

Not "old" - just more experienced.
Old is when your grand daughter says you're "extinct" . . . . :hamster:

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lmao and I closed down a few bars too ;)

VU Sponsors