VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Soup for man flu
cf56a0d0eb9cf87b183e603eb7c00aad.jpg

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Granny bear, avid reader and all round smart person. Do you have a kindle? I bought mum one, after she ran out of large print library books.

But turns out that our library don't do kindle format. So wondering if you know sites for free kindle books?
This may not work at all, but Denver Public Library in Colorado doesn't seem to require residency for their online books. Sign up with the app Overdrive Media which you can download. Then you can browse for libraries. You probably can use a library in your area even if it isn't the local one. I use this for my audiobooks because I go through so many while I drive. It also has ebooks.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This may not work at all, but Denver Public Library in Colorado doesn't seem to require residency for their online books. Sign up with the app Overdrive Media which you can download. Then you can browse for libraries. You probably can use a library in your area even if it isn't the local one. I use this for my audiobooks because I go through so many while I drive. It also has ebooks.
Turns out calibre is a conversion program

And project Gutenberg has tons free

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns out calibre is a conversion program

And project Gutenberg has tons free

That is a good site for free books. I forget about that one. I am looking for the book about Viktor Frankl (sp?). The one that the movie was made from and I can only find abridged. I would prefer audiobook but I will do an ebook as well. Schinler's List and Schindler's Ark are the titles. It has not been a fruitful search.

Did I mention, I am um....frugal? I am looking for free!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is a good site for free books. I forget about that one. I am looking for the book about Viktor Frankl (sp?). The one that the movie was made from and I can only find abridged. I would prefer audiobook but I will do an ebook as well. Schinler's List and Schindler's Ark are the titles. It has not been a fruitful search.

Did I mention, I am um....frugal? I am looking for free!
It is good. At first, Mum was getting annoyed with what was available. Then she found Gutenberg with older authors that she actually likes.

Good luck finding the audio books

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it freaks out the werewolf chihuahua........I know a toothy frog freaks me out.

Your man flu better?
Hit that black bottle. It won't cure it, but you won't care.
Man flu is shit. In my 6th day of it. It is currently in a very snotty, plegmy, congested disgusting phase. But I think the fever has passed, which must be good, right?

Of course, only a month ago codeine went prescription only, so I'd have to make a dr appt to get some to settle the phlegm. Can't buy it over thr counter any more

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man flu is shit. In my 6th day of it. It is currently in a very snotty, plegmy, congested disgusting phase. But I think the fever has passed, which must be good, right?

Of course, only a month ago codeine went prescription only, so I'd have to make a dr appt to get some to settle the phlegm. Can't buy it over thr counter any more

The best codeine is found on the street. But doctor codeine works too.
I'm sick of drs. I've been fake pancreas doctoring a lot the last 3 weeks. Last appt. till April yesterday so a bit of a break.

Going to be in the low 60's here today. Herk is getting out for some sun wether he likes it or not.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Note the price of nico and the fact it is all now 30p/70v. Takes me out of the equation.

I saw what people were paying for orders.....:huh:......my last batch of grog ran me about $.03 per ml......or less than a buck for a 30 ml. bottle and the bulk of that cost was nic. My math might be off a penny one way or the other, but I mixed up 1,200 ml. In about 20 minutes and figured it cost me about $35. I'm probably good for 2018.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw what people were paying for orders.....:huh:......my last batch of grog ran me about $.03 per ml......or less than a buck for a 30 ml. bottle and the bulk of that cost was nic. My math might be off a penny one way or the other, but I mixed up 1,200 ml. In about 20 minutes and figured it cost me about $35. I'm probably good for 2018.

Price is lower than it used to be, but still on the "high" side. Have about the same amount as you from last year's sale(s), so I'm good for a while. More so, since I can't vape in the office any more.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Price is lower than it used to be, but still on the "high" side. Have about the same amount as you from last year's sale(s), so I'm good for a while. More so, since I can't vape in the office any more.

No bueno on not vaping at work.
We're not allowed to either, but I always have.....and I have a supervisor who stands right there with me doing it as well. Outside of course......as far as anyone knows.

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No bueno on not vaping at work.
We're not allowed to either, but I always have.....and I have a supervisor who stands right there with me doing it as well. Outside of course......as far as anyone knows.

It only bothers one person here, so I have to wait until she goes home or do it before she comes in . . . .. :wait:
Can't vape in the house either - wife reminds me of my hospital adventure last year, but I'm brave/dumb enough to leave some of my mods out.

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It only bothers one person here, so I have to wait until she goes home or do it before she comes in . . . .. :wait:
Can't vape in the house either - wife reminds me of my hospital adventure last year, but I'm brave/dumb enough to leave some of my mods out.

Listen to the wife. You need to be careful...........at your age:p.
How's the rest of your life going?
(Hoping you respond "stellar")

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always listen to her - but, I may not always do what she says . . . .
At my age things are more cellar than stellar, but it's all good so far.

If it’s a wine cellar I wouldn’t mind an invitation terribly much I’ll bring a leash if need be. Just don’t ask too many questions bout it.

Hi knuckles ️ life is crazy. And mostly bullshit. But that’s nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it’s a wine cellar I wouldn’t mind an invitation terribly much I’ll bring a leash if need be. Just don’t ask too many questions bout it.

Hi knuckles ️ life is crazy. And mostly bullshit. But that’s nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't drink any more, but we do have pallets of wine and some hard stuff in our warehouse. "Discontinued" lines from a friend's/customer's business that was too good to dump.
No invitation or leash required . . . . :drunk:

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That would be more work than going to the party. One 7 month old or two 11 year olds . . .

Nobody said that training a new caddy is easy work.
You gotta look long term.
I'd start with teaching the art of looking the other way on bad shots and shot counting.....like...shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot, shot = 3.....plus "drink me" and keeping an eye out for golf babes.
Nobody said caddying is easy work either.

VU Sponsors