Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We were at our place up north, 92%, cool but one SIL and fam went to 100% in Idaho and texted they could see stars it got that dark, and they could look without glasses at full and see corona. We didn't get dark hardly at all...cooler tho, we were at 8100"

We had 90% and I was surprised it didn't get darker. I did happen to be at a stop where they were watching it with glasses at the peak. So, I got to see it. Pretty cool, but didn't live up to the hype for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No eclipse here. Very low tide was cool though

0564a99dfc22ec668cd7b440c902b0bf.jpg
c37255ad8e2e13b903667ac1484c6675.jpg
37d918f2969ec605451191d0cc00018f.jpg
60fea06a67b7cf20fadc468124b2b512.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watch out DM, I think I saw a Great White out there on the horizon! :eek:

Shark.gif

We didn't get to 100% here in GA either but it was close. What amazed me was just how much light was still out there even with just a sliver of the sun showing. It was also interesting to see how much the temperature dropped ... it went from 90 degrees to 82 degrees here before it started creeping back up after the event passed.

Hope all are doing well!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heya knuckles.

Unsure what I have posted. But I'm glad mum was in hospital when she was. She had a little stroke while in. Quite small, and FAST is the key with stroke, so being where she was was good. Bit of arm weirdness that will come back with physio. But mostly doing well.

Also had pneumonia. She's coming home soon.

I'm not doing much.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hate that for you glow. A Denver to Atlanta milk run sounds like a pretty sweet gig though.

Thanks to all that offered support on this. I hate to be fired. I am too sensitive to other's approval. However, they paid my accrued vacation, forgave the deductible that I was supposed to pay for the repairs to the truck and, in general, were very nice about it. I believe it really was a business decision. However, they have a driver or three that have done far worse. I will never know the inner workings of the brains that were involved in the decision.

I made my first run to Atlanta and back. It can be done without pushing too hard. I had one day of 692 miles, but that was because I had to stop early the day before to get a flat fixed on the trailer. I do wish company owners would not run recaps.

The truck is an automatic and I was dead set against that. I did my road test in a 13 speed since I have never driven an automatic. After my first 3,000+ miles in an automatic complete with eclipse traffic and Atlanta traffic in general, I will say it wasn't too bad. I was grossing about 79,000 and came down Monteagle in 6th gear (I put it in "manual" mode), full jakes and maintained 30mph without touching the brakes once. That made me happy.

Last edited:

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heya knuckles.

Unsure what I have posted. But I'm glad mum was in hospital when she was. She had a little stroke while in. Quite small, and FAST is the key with stroke, so being where she was was good. Bit of arm weirdness that will come back with physio. But mostly doing well.

I'm not doing much.

Glad to hear that mum is on the mend. You will have to give her lots of TLC when she returns. I miss my mom. Can I borrow yours?

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks to all that offered support on this. I hate to be fired. I am too sensitive to other's approval. However, they paid my accrued vacation, forgave the deductible that I was supposed to pay for the repairs to the truck and, in general, were very nice about it. I believe it really was a business decision. However, they have a driver or three that have done far worse. I will never know the inner workings of the brains that were involved in the decision.

I made my first run to Atlanta and back. It can be done without pushing too hard. I had one day of 692 miles, but that was because I had to stop early the day before to get a flat fixed on the trailer. I do wish company owners would not run recaps.

The truck is an automatic and I was dead set against that. I did my road test in a 13 speed since I have never driven an automatic. After my first 3,000+ miles in an automatic complete with eclipse traffic and Atlanta traffic in general, I will say it wasn't too bad. I was grossing about 79,000 and came down Monteagle in 6th gear (I put it in "manual" mode), full jakes and maintained 30mph without touching the brakes once. That made me happy.

Once I got used to the automatic I really like it. Little things like it dropping to a lower gear than I would normally make a turn in and sometimes backing in to an up hill dock can get annoying. But overall they're smart and easy.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heya knuckles.

I'm not doing much.

That sucks about the stroke.glad it was a mild one and she's getting to come home soon.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heya knuckles.

I'm not doing much.

Can't 'like ' this. Big hugs to Dogmum and you too (((Doggie))))

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once I got used to the automatic I really like it. Little things like it dropping to a lower gear than I would normally make a turn in and sometimes backing in to an up hill dock can get annoying. But overall they're smart and easy.

Do you keep it in automatic when driving in ice and snow?

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you keep it in automatic when driving in ice and snow?
With my new schedule (leave on Saturday morning every week), I will not be seeing my Broncos except on the occasional Thursday night. It's a good thing that hubby is "retired" and we don't need to have our weekends on weekends. I actually like to have at least one day a week off during M-F. Otherwise, it is really difficult to get anything done at banks, doctors etc.

I have SiriusXM in the truck so I can listen to the games. I love that. I get 3.5 hours of really easy driving. The games always hold my interest. This company has DirecTV and a 24" TV in all the trucks along with an APU, inverter, refrigerator and CB. Nice. However, I did mess up on my first week. I can chalk it up to just plain not knowing the rules and procedures of the company, but still....Hopefully I will have a flawless second week. I will be calling to get questions answered instead of making informed assumptions that were not all that informed!! LOL

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only had a few occasions to drive in the snow, but I did manipulate the gears more. Usually just to lug the rpms more when I knew it might downshift on a little hill or taking off in 3rd. I'm usually pretty light.

These loads will be heavy. I haven't experienced winter on this route so it will be all new.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a bunch of senators here have been found to hold dual citizenship here, which they aren't allowed to

none of them knew about it, they were from things like spanish grandparents and defaults

1 MP too, the deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce

the senators just choose their own replacement from their party, but the MP means a bi-election in his electorate when the government only hold a 1 seat majority

anyway, barnaby joyce, whose grandpa was from new zealand, but he had no knowledge he was a dual citizen, and potentially has never been there, has been voted 2nd in the publicly voted new zealander of the year award lol

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yay I have 2 weeks of US Open tennis to watch. It's especially great since I've disowned my baseball team :(

boo baseball team

aussie tennis players are brats ATM

we pretty much have bernard tomic and nick krygios, who both say they don't actually like tennis, it is just what their folks encouraged since they were 4 years old and they are just there for money

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
boo baseball team

aussie tennis players are brats ATM

we pretty much have bernard tomic and nick krygios, who both say they don't actually like tennis, it is just what their folks encouraged since they were 4 years old and they are just there for money

Morning dog!

Not even sure if we have a relevant male US tennis player right now. I do t follow it much these days.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just thought I'd drop in and say I'm still alive, although barely... The man flu from a month or two ago must've made it's way from Australia, not sure if it went around the world or through the ground, but by the time it got here it was strong enough to kick my ass! I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm sick and tired of moving (new house is nice though, almost done at the old place) and If you haven't guessed, I'm a bit whiny too lol Momma Saints doing well though, she's feeling better than I am lol

I think being so busy with Ma, Getting SatiVae to the vet, getting moved, tearing down and setting up indoor gardens, fixing a Moped for a neighbor, dealing with the asshole landlord from the old place (He did us a few favors when we lived there, now he's saying that's where the deposit went, but that's not how deposits [or favors, for that matter] work. But if he want's to play that way I've done more than $450 (the amount of the deposit) worth of work at his pathetic greenhouse. But now I see why he needed help, his plants are so sad and sickly that it makes me feel bad they have to live that way, my own strain, too! uhh anyway enough bitching) along with all the other shenanigans I've gotten into lately have worn me down enough that my immune system couldn't fight back the man flu... But it's a manly man flu, so theres that... Should probably be resting today, but I simply don't have the time fo

I'm off to set up a little lemon balm hydro system, that way next time the man flu comes around I'll have it handy to make tea! Not to mention it'll help keep pest's off my other babies!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just thought I'd drop in and say I'm still alive, although barely... The man flu from a month or two ago must've made it's way from Australia, not sure if it went around the world or through the ground, but by the time it got here it was strong enough to kick my ass! I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm sick and tired of moving (new house is nice though, almost done at the old place) and If you haven't guessed, I'm a bit whiny too lol Momma Saints doing well though, she's feeling better than I am lol

I think being so busy with Ma, Getting SatiVae to the vet, getting moved, tearing down and setting up indoor gardens, fixing a Moped for a neighbor, dealing with the asshole landlord from the old place (He did us a few favors when we lived there, now he's saying that's where the deposit went, but that's not how deposits [or favors, for that matter] work. But if he want's to play that way I've done more than $450 (the amount of the deposit) worth of work at his pathetic greenhouse. But now I see why he needed help, his plants are so sad and sickly that it makes me feel bad they have to live that way, my own strain, too! uhh anyway enough bitching) along with all the other shenanigans I've gotten into lately have worn me down enough that my immune system couldn't fight back the man flu... But it's a manly man flu, so theres that... Should probably be resting today, but I simply don't have the time fo

I'm off to set up a little lemon balm hydro system, that way next time the man flu comes around I'll have it handy to make tea! Not to mention it'll help keep pest's off my other babies!
You need to slow down and give yourself some TLC!! I am so happy to hear that MommaSaint is doing well. She has been through a lot and is a strong woman. A fighter to be sure.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there something out there called a "botmod"? I have seen them and thought someone had one here. However, google search comes up with war games and other strange things. Any of y'all know what I am talking about?

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there something out there called a "botmod"? I have seen them and thought someone had one here. However, google search comes up with war games and other strange things. Any of y'all know what I am talking about?
Let me guess, you got pictures of minecraft? It's some square game... I think there were lots of squares anyway... or maybe I'm thinking tetris... either way, lol! Apparently you can modify the game somehow, so instead of calling them something creative like easter eggs, they just shortened the word as a whole in true millennial fashion.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You need to slow down and give yourself some TLC!! I am so happy to hear that MommaSaint is doing well. She has been through a lot and is a strong woman. A fighter to be sure.
A fighter for shizzle my glizzle plizzle! (Watched Mac and Devon go to high school, speaking izzle is just a price I must pay for watching Snoop Dogg movies. I may have dreamed in izzle, but at least I don't dream in spanish like pee wee herman) One reason to stay on her good side, no level of hell has the wrath of an Angry Momma Saint... but if you hand her chocolate as soon as she wakes up, the day is usually okay

VU Sponsors