Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Momma Saint is back in the hospital. The local one this time. Her platelets were way low again but they jumped up to 11 after the transfusion so she didn't have to go to Grand Rapids... which is nice since GR is 80-90 min each way instead of the 15 min to drive to where she is right meow
Sorry to hear about the little setback. I am glad to hear that she is responding quickly. Keep fighting the good fight! It ain't over til the fat lady sings, and I ain't gonna sing!!! So there! (((((saint and momma saint)))))

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the doctor. Hope to find out how much longer I have to keep this iv line. Feeling better though.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
YAY for feeling better. Boo for IV line. Damn, you have been through the wringer! Thank God you are a strong lil Swede! Miss you around here so you have to get better. Then you can get back to work and your very pleasant co-worker.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Iv line will stay until May 9th - didn't know they would run antibiotics for 6 weeks . . .

Surgeon said no golf for 3 months. It's going to take a while for his handiwork to heal. :(
That sounds like you were septic. At least that's the only time I have had a person with antibiotics IV for that long. You are a miracle!

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
9eb8c526031f05f3a2a216ff38463fa4_verizon-sucksand-so-does-hughes-net-a-bakers-diary-scratching-my-head-meme_500-343.jpeg
Guess I missed Monkey the first time around and looks like I might miss it the second time around.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That sounds like you were septic. At least that's the only time I have had a person with antibiotics IV for that long. You are a miracle!
Septic shock is no bueno, that's what put Momma Saint in the coma a couple years ago. Glad your okay keith! When your feeling better you can come see my hole, the one in my chest. it makes everyone feel better! or makes them wanna get sick, but its more fascination than disgust most of the time... aside from the girl that said "eww omg your gross"
She apologized immediatley after but I guess even a heartless penguin loving hole having freak has feelings... So I stabbed her, then I felt better... WHO HAS THE GROSSER HOLE NOW, BIZZLE!?

MORNING BOOFS!
9eb8c526031f05f3a2a216ff38463fa4_verizon-sucksand-so-does-hughes-net-a-bakers-diary-scratching-my-head-meme_500-343.jpeg
Guess I missed Monkey the first time around and looks like I might miss it the second time around.
Ditto!

Last edited:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This mornings sunrise was cancelled. So, i took a pic of a drainage pipe.
77aba7c2ccabddbdf9938b1899186f7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

nice, the line of very wet, dense sand extends a long way fro the water

my local beaches lack that, so need to go 3 or 4 beaches away if i feel like a good walk along the shore [yep, i'm a princess, the wet stuff is easier to walk on]

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nice, the line of very wet, dense sand extends a long way fro the water

my local beaches lack that, so need to go 3 or 4 beaches away if i feel like a good walk along the shore [yep, i'm a princess, the wet stuff is easier to walk on]
Tide is pretty far in. Good hard sand will extend further later. Apparently, they reinforced the dunes over the winter. Much of the soft sand where we usually set our chairs is now a 7ft mound.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heading to Hackley Hospital to see Ma Saint. She took her temp (the woman brings a thermometer to the hospital, yup, thats my Momma) and it was 102.8, the infectious disease doc is coming today, really hoping they dont need to transfer her to Grand rapids... at least I have a car that goes, stops, AND turns... garsh I feel spoiled.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Heading to Hackley Hospital to see Ma Saint. She took her temp (the woman brings a thermometer to the hospital, yup, thats my Momma) and it was 102.8, the infectious disease doc is coming today, really hoping they dont need to transfer her to Grand rapids... at least I have a car that goes, stops, AND turns... garsh I feel spoiled.
Hope they get her stabilized and she can come back home soon. Sorry youre having to go through all this. Sucks

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

39.3 C sounds scary

that'd be the new tyres? or brakes? something that you had done a few weeks back

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a feeling you would know. We passed it while riding around on the golf cart. Thought it was cool enough to walk back down the street to take pics of it.
I have 3. A red, a yellow and. "Purple" that only really turns purple when blooms wilt.

I planted them to attract native birds

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give Momma Saint hugs, 'k?

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think my wife has pic's of the 2 drainage tubes they had in my chest. And, I know she took a video of them removing the breathing/feeding tube . . . :crazy:
You really have been through hell on earth, haven't you. I am grateful that we still have you around. NOW, please take good care of you! The next year is going to be recuperative so don't expect to be on top of your game right away. Be gentle.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Greetings all. Lost a pet today; never gets easier :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Glow :) I'd say it's quiet around here today, but with 2 little boys I think it's more accurate to say there's a real void without our kitty :(

Yeah, quiet is probably not something that happens until after bedtime. I no longer have any canine friends living here. One has gone over the rainbow bridge and the other is with Sis and Nephew. I miss her everytime I open the front door, look outside or where her pillow was. They do carve a niche in our hearts! And I wouldn't have it any other way!!

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn, Saint. That sucks, sorry to hear that. Glad you're ok though.

Bugger

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm more grateful the other family is okay, I don't care much about me but I was really worried about the lil girl in the other car. She's fine though.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just totaled the car. Im ok but wish I wasn't
Thank
Just totaled the car. Im ok but wish I wasn't
Thank God you are OK. Still, take a hot shower/bath and ibuprofen if you can (some folks have to avoid it). The anti-inflammatory properties can sometimes forestall future aches and pains from being bounced around inside that car. (I am not a doctor, no do I play one on TV. I am speaking from long experience of injuries that were "fine" at the time and I could barely move the next morning!)

Last edited:

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank

Thank God you are OK. Still, take a hot shower/bath and ibuprofen if you can (some folks have to avoid it). The anti-inflammatory properties can sometimes forestall future aches and pains from being bounced around inside that car. (I am not a doctor, no do I play one on TV. I am speaking from long experience of injuries that were "fine" at the time and I could barely move the nest morning!)

As Hawk would say: "You is a good egg!".

Don't know why I am replying to my own post. I think I need a nap. Instead, I am off to Carson, CA. Not the best area of Cali but I do always lock my doors.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank

Thank God you are OK. Still, take a hot shower/bath and ibuprofen if you can (some folks have to avoid it). The anti-inflammatory properties can sometimes forestall future aches and pains from being bounced around inside that car. (I am not a doctor, no do I play one on TV. I am speaking from long experience of injuries that were "fine" at the time and I could barely move the next morning!)
That's probably not a bad idea, right now I'm probably better off physically than emotionally/mentally. I just want it to end

Luckily Vae is a great kleenex

VU Sponsors