Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning knuckles. Gonna be another beautiful day here, supposed to be in the 60s all week. So glad for the break from winter. Unfortunately won't last but I'll take it while it is

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ugh. My mom just sent me an article claiming that claimed Vaping contains thousands of more cancer causing chemicals than cigarettes. Smh. She is also prone to all the fear mongering news of this age too :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning knuckles! Tis a beautiful morning!

I went and picked up Momma Saint yesterday, she's so happy to be home, Vae is pretty stoked too!
Yep. We call 'em Fri-toes. Means she's overdue for her bath.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Fri-toes, I love it! I always just call em stinky frito feets. They only get really rank in the winter, probably because she doesn't have her kiddie pool to walk and lay in.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ugh. My mom just sent me an article claiming that claimed Vaping contains thousands of more cancer causing chemicals than cigarettes. Smh. She is also prone to all the fear mongering news of this age too :(

National Inquirer? Lol

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure Mark was just shaking his head. It was probably the story about that scary new trend of teen dripping. I've seen it popping up on other sites.

Mornin dog!
Morning 22.

Stabby. I should probably shut down interweb devices.

How's you?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning knuckles! Tis a beautiful morning!

I went and picked up Momma Saint yesterday, she's so happy to be home, Vae is pretty stoked too!

Fri-toes, I love it! I always just call em stinky frito feets. They only get really rank in the winter, probably because she doesn't have her kiddie pool to walk and lay in.

Good to hear. Glad she's back home.

Morning Saint

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seen the teen dripping epidemic, the one mom sent was linked in a FB message, but I forgot where it came from. Just another episode in the Twiligjt Zone of 2017.
I guess I get super defensive about those things because it directly affects me more than most of the crap going on.
I still lurk a lot but don't think anyone's interested in hearing about my day to day child care happenings. Not much else going on here otherwise.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seen the teen dripping epidemic, the one mom sent was linked in a FB message, but I forgot where it came from. Just another episode in the Twiligjt Zone of 2017.
I guess I get super defensive about those things because it directly affects me more than most of the crap going on.
I still lurk a lot but don't think anyone's interested in hearing about my day to day child care happenings. Not much else going on here otherwise.

I always enjoy seeing pics of the boys. Love the postcard idea you had for Marley.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it is really cool that the Dreadylets do such physical stuff in 2017. Have seen lots of good non-screen activities over the years watching them grow up.

I was a bit jealous of the first snow sled experience. I'm 37 and have yet to do that.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks fellas ;) it's been quite an adventure so far. We were planning on moving back to CA for the last few years, but recently decided to stay put here. Now there's a bunch of fun building projects we're going to get into starting in the spring. Going to try to get enough math and science in there to count as homeschooling. I never wanted to do it, but I'm pretty sure he'd wither in such a structured, repetitive environment. We'll see...

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks fellas ;) it's been quite an adventure so far. We were planning on moving back to CA for the last few years, but recently decided to stay put here. Now there's a bunch of fun building projects we're going to get into starting in the spring. Going to try to get enough math and science in there to count as homeschooling. I never wanted to do it, but I'm pretty sure he'd wither in such a structured, repetitive environment. We'll see...

We're homeschooling little man, public school was just not working at all for him. For now anyway, might eventually put him back into the system but right now it's working better than I expected. He's a smart cookie but in that environment he was having a really hard time learning anything.

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
We're homeschooling little man, public school was just not working at all for him. For now anyway, might eventually put him back into the system but right now it's working better than I expected. He's a smart cookie but in that environment he was having a really hard time learning anything.

I might have to hit you up with some questions in the months ahead ;)

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might have to hit you up with some questions in the months ahead ;)

I'll answer what I can lol we kinda fly by the seat of our pants on most things. It was something I'd been going back and forth about, then an incident at school came up and I just pulled him out and wrote the superintendent a letter. He's in kindergarten now and his ADHD and dyslexia kind of rule how we go about everything and plans change almost daily, no matter how many lesson plans I come up with

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all.
It's really warm here today and I feel more alive than I have in months.
Getting some work done outdoors today and loving listening to the birds chirp.

Congrats to you homeschoolers...that's pretty great. If I had little ones that's exactly what I'd do.

VU Sponsors