Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol its like an alarm to remind you to feed her hehe
I never see Vae shake, maybe it's a breed thing, is she a ra..... err umm is she smaller than a football?

For future reference, if I call a small dog a rat, it isn't in a bad way. It just refers to breeds that are usually any smaller than a football (or soccer ball depending on the country hehe)
She's a 30 pound mutt,...dachshund mixed with something bigger. Vet says maybe pit bull but looks like a long, short lab.
So yes, she has a little "rat" in her.
Not that I have anything against little dogs.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
14a7c871a59e91e1711a052a5d319947.jpg

Fingers crossed

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm usually not in front of the mirror during yoga class. Yesterday I was and couldn't help but notice my belly protrusion throughout the session. Got to fix that.
Next week, I'm moving away from the mirror.

lol

was looking at how my shorts sit around my waist recently, wondering if i have the plumber's cleavage thing happening at the back

how would i know? and would anyone tell me?

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm usually not in front of the mirror during yoga class. Yesterday I was and couldn't help but notice my belly protrusion throughout the session. Got to fix that.
Next week, I'm moving away from the mirror.
LOL
I just finished 30 days of yoga. I only skipped two days of the 30, so I pretty much have been rocking it.
I do it in my living room, though, so no mirrors. Which is probably a good thing.
I'm a lot less wobbly than I was a month ago. And I actually have abs.
Who'da thunk?

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL
I just finished 30 days of yoga. I only skipped two days of the 30, so I pretty much have been rocking it.
I do it in my living room, though, so no mirrors. Which is probably a good thing.
I'm a lot less wobbly than I was a month ago. And I actually have abs.
Who'da thunk?

It's more exercise than you'd think. Was it DVDs or do you have a link to the videos you used? I want to start doing some here with Karen.

embee

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's more exercise than you'd think. Was it DVDs or do you have a link to the videos you used? I want to start doing some here with Karen.
https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

I did the 30 days of yoga series but found after a week or so that they were too short or not always that challenging, so I skipped around and found others. Power yoga is intense. The foundations videos help you really break down each pose.
There's lots to choose from, and I like this chick...she's a bit goofy sometimes.

Last edited:

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

I did the 30 days of yoga series but found after a week or so that they were too short or not always that challenging, so I skipped around and found others. Power yoga is intense. The foundations videos help you really break down each pose.
There's lots to choose from, and I like this chick...she's a bit goofy sometimes.

She's the same girl my daughter had sent me a link to last year for some at home workouts. Just watched a bit of her power yoga. Lil more to that.

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're in for another round of inches of rain tomorrow...luckily we don't live really close to our confluence of big rivers (Sacramento and American)...and we're 60 miles south of the Oroville dam that was in the headlines last week for its spillways' issues. Actually we're only a couple miles from the American river; only issue for us is the parkway where our dog gets to swim for thrown balls is closed :(

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're in for another round of inches of rain tomorrow...luckily we don't live really close to our confluence of big rivers (Sacramento and American)...and we're 60 miles south of the Oroville dam that was in the headlines last week for its spillways' issues. Actually we're only a couple miles from the American river; only issue for us is the parkway where our dog gets to swim for thrown balls is closed :(

Cali sure has been making up for the lack of rain. Glad your in a good spot. What about the ranch? That dam holding up?

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone ever cook brisket in coffee? Came across a recipe. Sounds interesting

Ok, that sounds so weird you made me look.

Google is your Friend click!

Wow. There sure is a lot invested in coffee and brisket recipes.

I can't get past that flavor combination in my head though: coffee & meat. Brings to mind all those (insert food here) in gelatin recipes from the 1950's.

Salad-Flavored-Jello-Ad001-720x1024.jpg

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got our first surveillance camera.
72014d883c8695550935d3954a00a690.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
nice, I considered a camera, but I opted for the redneck home defense option myself.
LLE_1753.jpg
(bow + arrow) + slingshot - bow = slingbow aka "did that fool just shoot an arrow at me? Ill rob the next house"

theyll just have to hope they can rob the next guy with a broadhead in the ass

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
knucks and boofs, I call you to action. There has never been a time in life in which you have been needed more, there is a serious issue that needs to be solved asap, or it may be the end of the world as we know it... your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to smell your dogs paws, and report back whether or not they smell like fritos/corn chips.
Godspeed knucklebutts!

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
knucks and boofs, I call you to action. There has never been a time in life in which you have been needed more, there is a serious issue that needs to be solved asap, or it may be the end of the world as we know it... your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to smell your dogs paws, and report back whether or not they smell like fritos/corn chips.
Godspeed knucklebutts!

Yes, but, they have a much more earthy taste. I would definitely recommend a French onion dip or mango salsa when licking her paws.

Mornin Saint

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I can't get past that flavor combination in my head though: coffee & meat. Brings to mind all those (insert food here) in gelatin recipes from the 1950's.

Coffee is great with most meats for the slow cooker. I've also done beer, cola, and apple cider. The acid in the drinks makes for awesome tender juicy pork or beef roasts or fall off the bone ribs/ whole chicken/ etc. You can taste a bit of the flavor of the drink you use, but combined with the right seasoning and you have an amazing meal.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Coffee is great with most meats for the slow cooker. I've also done beer, cola, and apple cider. The acid in the drinks makes for awesome tender juicy pork or beef roasts or fall off the bone ribs/ whole chicken/ etc. You can taste a bit of the flavor of the drink you use, but combined with the right seasoning and you have an amazing meal.

Nope nope nope. Not gonna make a Sanka meatloaf.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Glowiest! Provari is basically all I use...between NT closing and Provari, I'm crushed :(
Pewp. I can suggest some other vendors but I have never found anything that measures up to Frenilla, the Virus, the Cure etc. I have just learned to do without them and my tastes have moved on. I did order a big supply of my NT favorites when he gave us such a good deal.

At least you can get your Provari repaired if necessary.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No evenings but more importantly no weekends for the first time in my life.
I've recently started using the terms "hump day" (well..as related to work) and TGIF (not the restaurant).
I use them every Wednesday and Friday. It annoys my co-workers greatly. There are only 3 full time employees that have a strictly weekday schedule and I'm the only one that's strictly daytime/weekday. I'm special...lol.
We have always known that!

Last edited:

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had you and all your neighbors in my prayers. CA is really getting hammered. So sorry for all of you.

On a totally side note, and not trying to be political - I did get a dark humor snigger out of Jerry asking Donald for financial help with the flooding stuff. First he says "keep your stupid money, we are going to have sanctuary cities and maybe even a sanctuary STATE" then "Oh, and BTW, we are having a bit of a water problem over here, can you send money?" I have very dark humor and have never been a fan of Jerry Brown.

glowplug

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

One of our favorite BBQ sauce recipes calls for instant coffee. Haven't been able to find that recipe ever again. Found a few, but they didn't measure up to the memories.

firechick

Member For 4 Years
Godspeed knucklebutts!
Yep. We call 'em Fri-toes. Means she's overdue for her bath.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors