Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Belated condolences from me too Keith.
I continue to spend my days preoccupied with what can I eat today that won't cause problems, while I continue to wait for the Dr appt that I really really don't want to go to. Feeling better and wondering if it is because whatever is wrong in there is healing or if it is because I am eating so carefully.
The weather here is ridiculous, yesterday tied record highs, 73 and supposed to again today. This doesn't mean it is pretty because it has been gray, drizzly and overcast I think forever, with actual rain every few days.

Sending some good healing vibes your way Claudia. At the very least, a day of good pain free eats.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't wrapped a coil in so long I don't think I remember how. I get 48 alien Clapton coils on Amazon for <$8. Not had a dud yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still haven't tried a Clapton coil yet. Always figured they would take forever to ramp up on my single 18650 mechs. You use them on your reos? I'm gonna have to go check out Amazon now

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A single, alien (or other variety) Clapton coil is about .44ohms, so it heats up plenty quick. I can easily run dual in a regulated squonker, but it goes through so much juice.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A single, alien (or other variety) Clapton coil is about .44ohms, so it heats up plenty quick. I can easily run dual in a regulated squonker, but it goes through so much juice.

Same, all sorts of exotic coils for like 30 bucks. Haven't used a micro coil in months.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Damn, just went and looked. For that kinda money, can't hurt to give em a try.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you've been on 24awg duals, try 26/32 or 26/34 claptons, or even 28/34

morning

hot

buggered
Morning Dog! Send some more of that heat this way, it's supposed to stay above freezing but I could definitely use a 45 or 50 degree F day. I know it's the same thing but 50 degrees F sounds much warmer than 10 degrees C.

Now I have to go preheat the Potty room for a shower. Yay for not being freezing and naked at the same time!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Morning knuckles.

No sun to send saint. But i can try to send cloudy muggy warmth

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
In the hospital with Momma Saint. She's had a nosebleed and bloody cough that won't stop. It may be from the butranse patch she started last week.

Im a nervous wreck

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Momma Saint's Leukemia came back. They admitted her right away. Her platelets were down to about 5. That explains why we couldn't stop the bleeding. SatiVae kept watching the door for the first couple hours I was home. I have a feeling she partially knows what's going on. She knew the first time Mom was sick

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Belated condolences from me too Keith.
I continue to spend my days preoccupied with what can I eat today that won't cause problems, while I continue to wait for the Dr appt that I really really don't want to go to. Feeling better and wondering if it is because whatever is wrong in there is healing or if it is because I am eating so carefully.
The weather here is ridiculous, yesterday tied record highs, 73 and supposed to again today. This doesn't mean it is pretty because it has been gray, drizzly and overcast I think forever, with actual rain every few days.
Glad you've been able to keep the problems to a minimum, hopefully the doc can give you something to help so you don't have to be quite so careful
Morning Dog! Send some more of that heat this way, it's supposed to stay above freezing but I could definitely use a 45 or 50 degree F day. I know it's the same thing but 50 degrees F sounds much warmer than 10 degrees C.

Now I have to go preheat the Potty room for a shower. Yay for not being freezing and naked at the same time!
Naked and cold is never a good thing. Wet from shower and cold is always worse, especially if you've just shaved your legs *grumbling about goosebumps and shaving in winter*
Momma Saint's Leukemia came back. They admitted her right away. Her platelets were down to about 5. That explains why we couldn't stop the bleeding. SatiVae kept watching the door for the first couple hours I was home. I have a feeling she partially knows what's going on. She knew the first time Mom was sick
Oh honey I'm so sorry :( sending love and hugs to you and momma

Claudia P

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm so sorry to hear this Saint. Hugs!

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saint, I wish I knew something to say that might help put your mind at ease right now. But, I got nothin. Just know we are thinking about you and your mom and hoping for all the best case scenarios to come your way.

Taki

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saint, I wish I knew something to say that might help put your mind at ease right now. But, I got nothin. Just know we are thinking about you and your mom and hoping for all the best case scenarios to come your way.
Ditto this

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad you've been able to keep the problems to a minimum, hopefully the doc can give you something to help so you don't have to be quite so careful

Naked and cold is never a good thing. Wet from shower and cold is always worse, especially if you've just shaved your legs *grumbling about goosebumps and shaving in winter*

Oh honey I'm so sorry :( sending love and hugs to you and momma
yeah that's why I gave up shaving my legs in the winter. And the other seasons. Thank goodness for space heaters.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts, prayers, hugs and loves. I'm hoping it will be ok, but you never know with this stuff. She probably won't be home for a month. Poor SatiVae keeps getting all excited when she hears a loud vehicle slowing down. which usually means g-ma is home. Or a truck is at the stop sign. We're on a halfway busy corner so it happens quite a bit.

Knowing that I have a cyber room full of boofs and knuckles who are here for me certainly helps. So does coffee, which is now done :coffee: Time for my Eeyore mug

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got a couple vtc5a's
Charged Em up last night. Will try them out today. Finally getting some new batteries in to the rotation.
I'm running them in series in my practice-for-punch mod.

I try to replace batteries annually, since I push them pretty hard.

Morning saint and 22

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm running them in series in my practice-for-punch mod.

I try to replace batteries annually, since I push them pretty hard.

Morning saint and 22

I've been blown away by how hard they hit today. Way stronger than the vtc3's I just got. (Probably left over 5 year old batteries) been so long since I had a new battery, I forgot how they're supposed to work.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been blown away by how hard they hit today. Way stronger than the vtc3's I just got. (Probably left over 5 year old batteries) been so long since I had a new battery, I forgot how they're supposed to work.

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
New batteries... Coils less than a year old... Nothin'll stop ya'

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Started back in yoga. May ride my bike to class. It's only a few miles. Probably won't.

You been riding your bike any?
No :( I've been really slacking. Not even making my step target half of the time

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No :( I've been really slacking. Not even making my step target half of the time

Summer in Australia, probably melt the soles of your crocs.

A legit excuse.

Not to mention, being a Knight with a middle initial, you must get to ride around in this
79a916896656d8e791698aed56b7bdf7.jpg

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
spent the day with SatiVae yesterday. She needed a little bit of time to relax with me home, she doesn't like this whole thing. When I come home from seeing mom she sniffs me like Tony Montana in the last scene from Scarface. just no one gets shot and falls into a fancy fountain.

2pak2zero

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
spent the day with SatiVae yesterday. She needed a little bit of time to relax with me home, she doesn't like this whole thing. When I come home from seeing mom she sniffs me like Tony Montana in the last scene from Scarface. just no one gets shot and falls into a fancy fountain.

Mornin Saint
Hopefully mom will be able to come home soon. Hospitals are such awful places to spend time in.

SaintSkinny51792

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mornin Saint
Hopefully mom will be able to come home soon. Hospitals are such awful places to spend time in.
G'mornin! Unfortunately she wont be home for a few weeks, they said she would be in there about a month :facepalm:
I'm going to try to be there as much as possible, it'll be an interesting balancing act between Hospital, House/dog, and everything else

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
G'mornin! Unfortunately she wont be home for a few weeks, they said she would be in there about a month :facepalm:
I'm going to try to be there as much as possible, it'll be an interesting balancing act between Hospital, House/dog, and everything else

i know that routine, after having mum in hospital, then rehab late last year

my sisters did limited days, but whole days. Would show up 10am and stay through dinner that night.

I went in most days, just for an hour. Asked if mum had enough supply of fruit, clothing etc. I let sisters deal with docs and I focused on keeping her comfortable while there [she was pretty stabby, so not convinced i did great]

VU Sponsors