Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Greetings ALL!

I have noticed an influx of Reddit refugees so I wanted to let you know that you ALL have a home here and that we are glad to have you with us:vino:

So fill your tank, introduce yourselves and join the party:confetti::stars2::stars::hearts:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Welcome to the VU! :wave:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I joined VU on Monday, just out of curiosity, without necessarily ever thinking of abandoning /ecr, and given the policy changes over on reddit this week, find it ironic that /ecr is getting slammed now with the threat of being nuked by the reddit admins...

I am not wanting to quit /ecr, but I am pleased that VU exists and in this form, AND has such great content and nice folks that I've seen in the past week.

It's both a little scary, and also a little exciting to branch out into unknown territory.

Some discussion over there is about concern of flooding VU with /ecr refugees if /ecr gets banned, in that we do not want to be resented like the 'eternal september' of AOL users/newbies nor overwhelm the existing culture that already exists here on VU, while also retaining the feel and connection betw many of us that we have on /ecr...

I have not seen an 'official' exodus plan, but VU has been mentioned often enough that if/when needed, folks will find VU and likely trickle in if /ecr and related sub-reddits get shut down.

I am happy to be here, and I like this place.

Also, kudos and thanks to @UncleRJ for making this thread - I was wondering if/when this might happen, and I'm glad it's sooner rather than later since us early colonists that have migrated or investigated VU before the rest of the herd can assist in easing the transition, of course once we ourselves get our bearings here.

Thanks for having us! :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I joined VU on Monday, just out of curiosity, without necessarily ever thinking of abandoning /ecr, and given the policy changes over on reddit this week, find it ironic that /ecr is getting slammed now with the threat of being nuked by the reddit admins...

I am not wanting to quit /ecr, but I am pleased that VU exists and in this form, AND has such great content and nice folks that I've seen in the past week.

It's both a little scary, and also a little exciting to branch out into unknown territory.

Some discussion over there is about concern of flooding VU with /ecr refugees if /ecr gets banned, in that we do not want to be resented like the 'eternal september' of AOL users/newbies nor overwhelm the existing culture that already exists here on VU, while also retaining the feel and connection betw many of us that we have on /ecr...

I have not seen an 'official' exodus plan, but VU has been mentioned often enough that if/when needed, folks will find VU and likely trickle in if /ecr and related sub-reddits get shut down.

Also, kudos and thanks to @UncleRJ for making this thread - I was wondering if/when this might happen, and I'm glad it's sooner rather than later since us early colonists that have migrated or investigated VU before the rest of the herd can assist in easing the transition, of course once we ourselves get our bearings here.

Thanks for the thanks!

Trust me, all are welcome here.

The only thing we ask is that ALL newcomers read our very small list of rules and adhere to them.

Heck, you can also cuss out the mod's here if you so choose.

But be warned, we are allowed to cuss you back!

Evil Uncle RJ.jpg

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I should also add that I introduced myself here and commented on TrainRekts intro about some things I liked so far on VU here and here, just in case anyone wants to read...

Again thank you people of VU :)

Last edited:

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The only thing we ask is that ALL newcomers read our very small list of rules and adhere to them.

Thanks for the warm welcome. :wave:

Yes, of course I did read the rules right after creating an account, and will likely review them again in the next day or so, just to keep myself out of trouble.

The last thing I wish to do is run afoul and get banned or otherwise reprimanded, but I am a pretty tame fella, and have a thick skin and have been using the internet and participating in online communities via usenet and dial-up BBS's since before there even was such a thing as the WWW or even forums on the web.

We've come a long way with tech, but people are people and tolerance and acceptance needs to be universal because we are all so different, but all have similar wants, needs and desires, so we have more in common with each other than not.

I find that 'respect others' and 'dont be a jerk' work pretty well in all walks of life, online or offline. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."

You certainly won't be overwhelming the existing culture. We've experienced mass exodus more than once. Most of us come from other forums, at one time, or another. Myself, I came here when a group of my pals were done with another place, too. I was warmly welcomed back then, I see people still welcoming new folks, new to vaping, or just new to us. I hope you find your stay here enjoyable. Like most places, we do have our ass clowns, too, but overall, we're a pretty great bunch of people. :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks for the warm welcome. :wave:

Yes, of course I did read the rules right after creating an account, and will likely review them again in the next day or so, just to keep myself out of trouble.

The last thing I wish to do is run afoul and get banned or otherwise reprimanded, but I am a pretty tame fella, and have a thick skin and have been using the internet and participating in online communities via usenet and dial-up BBS's since before there even was such a thing as the WWW or even forums on the web.

We've come a long way with tech, but people are people and tolerance and acceptance needs to be universal because we are all so different, but all have similar wants, needs and desires, so we have more in common with each other than not.

I find that 'respect others' and 'dont be a jerk' work pretty well in all walks of life, online or offline. :)

Trust me, you really have to work hard to get banned around here:deadhorse:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Welcome all refuges :cheers:

You raise some really good points there Arthur, like any mass migration it takes time for it all to settle and for us to merge communities, eventually we’ll come out better for it variety is after all the spice of life.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Some discussion over there is about concern of flooding VU with /ecr refugees if /ecr gets banned, in that we do not want to be resented like the 'eternal september' of AOL users/newbies nor overwhelm the existing culture that already exists here on VU, while also retaining the feel and connection betw many of us that we have on /ecr...:)

I have noted your concerns and trust me when I say ECR refugees are more than welcome here and the more the merrier:cheers:

Nor do you need to worry about overwhelming the existing culture here. Sure we have a good thing going here and IMHO, ECR refugees will only enrich our culture!

So just let your ECR vaping friends and family know that the VU Welcome mat is out!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

I'm sure you'll find some of your Reddit friends here!

VU Sponsors