Become a Patron!

Recycling Steep Experiment

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got this TMAXX's no frills. It came in on the 13th. It was 3 flavors in 3mg and 0mg nic that I blended to 1.5mg and put on a shelf to steep. It looked like this just before I put it on the shelf.

IMG_20170713_202941.jpg

So 7 days of going in and occasionally shaking the bottles and putting them back on the shelf I wanted to jump start the process a bit. To day the temps here are in the mid 90s and with the humidity the heat index is around 107 or so. I has back in my office looking at the stuff on the shelf and spotted this and the lights came on.

IMG_20170720_140524.jpg

That was the box that one of my G150s came in so I took the stuff out of it and put the bottles in it something like this.

IMG_20170720_140531.jpg

8:00 am I put the lid back on and placed it on the handrail on the deck out in the sun to let the heat do it's job and get things moving along. I brought them back in at 3:00 pm shot this next picture put them back in the box and back outside where they will stay until around 8:00 pm.

IMG_20170720_150502.jpg

Granted not the best pics in the world but they appear to be coloring up fairly decently. Tonight they will go back on the shelf for at least the next 3 days because I am working. I may put them back outside another day or two next week. Right now the earliest I want to vape off them will be the 27th, but I would just as soon push it out to the 3rd or later.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went ahead and brought the juice in at 5:30 pm. The color is slightly darker amber than the final picture above. I'm thinking it was out there in that little black box for 9.5 hours in some pretty serious heat. The bottles were fairly hot when I brought the box in. I let it set for 15 minutes and then shook each bottle and placed them back in the box and put the lid back on it. I think I will keep those boxes just for steeping and juice storage. When I was shaking the bottles the juice had thinned up substantially, but was still fairly warm just cooled down from hot. It's going to be interesting to see as it cools down to room temp if it sets back up.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tmaxx reps are more than welcome to chime in and in this instance where I am monkeying around with their product I encourage it. I would hope like hell they know their products inside and out and I would considerate a courtesy on their part to let me know if I'm about to screw something up. If I'm not going to do something seriously wrong then by all means let me play and go ahead and make a few suggestions.;)

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like all is good with the juice thickening back up. Shook the bottles good. It is going to take a while for all the bubbles to dissipate.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Sounds like you're having fun with this experiment :) Yeah, the vg thickens back up as it cools. After that much time in the heat they should be ready to go. You'll have to let us know how it works out for you flavor wise.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have about 60mls of other stuff to finish vaping before I jump off into the Tmaxx's. Some of it is going to end up in the toilet. Some Lost Arts crap that taste like bad Junior High memories.lol

I'm really trying to stretch this out another week or so. I have some money coming in on some parts I sold. Most of it is going on bills. I'm taking enough of it to buy a couple of Maganus Cloud Blasters, some cotton, and some pre wound coils to get by on for a couple of months. Would just as soon break the new hardware in with the Tmaxx's.

The whole idea is to work this into something I enjoy and cost less than smoking did. Right now that's not working so well. So getting 2 I can rebuild and juice shopping. If the Tmaxx proves to be as good all the reviews then I'll have this whipped.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The problem has been quitting smoking, jumping into vaping, and relying on internet and trial and error to figure it all out.

Hardware wise I'm getting a handle on that. The juice thing is very subjective on my end do to loss of taste. So it is just pin pointing down a few flavors that work without tasting like air freshener.lol

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like you're having fun with this experiment :) Yeah, the vg thickens back up as it cools. After that much time in the heat they should be ready to go. You'll have to let us know how it works out for you flavor wise.

Will let you know. I narrowed the 42 to those 3 to start with. Will bump those up to 120s if I like them. There are 3 or 4 more I will buy to try after that.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The problem has been quitting smoking, jumping into vaping, and relying on internet and trial and error to figure it all out.

Hardware wise I'm getting a handle on that. The juice thing is very subjective on my end do to loss of taste. So it is just pin pointing down a few flavors that work without tasting like air freshener.lol
Unfortunately, when I started vaping over 5 years ago we didn't have good stuff like TMaxx. I went through 100's of mls of juice before I started finding a few that were worth buying again.

A great way to avoid "vapors tongue" is to switch flavors a couple times a day. I usually rotate about 3, and it's very rare that I ever get it. ;)

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unfortunately, when I started vaping over 5 years ago we didn't have good stuff like TMaxx. I went through 100's of mls of juice before I started finding a few that were worth buying again.

A great way to avoid "vapors tongue" is to switch flavors a couple times a day. I usually rotate about 3, and it's very rare that I ever get it. ;)

I rotate at least 2 flavors all the time. I was hit on one of my bikes back in 08. As a result I lost my since of taste and my since of smell due to the head trauma. I have recovered some ability to taste. Being able to smell is for the most part non-existent. So what I can taste I'm very particular about.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The "coloring up" is not a good thing and is certainly not indicative of 'well steeped' juice.

When your juice darkens, that is a symptom of nicotine oxidation.
This degradation is accelerated if exposed to warmth and/or light.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I understand to a point what you are saying about nicotine oxidization. I also know I have 0 nic juice that colors up while it sits on a shelf in an otherwise dark office. I do not own a juice that sitting on that shelf in that dark office for a period of time hasn't darkened up and began tasting better.

All that steeping is basically is a fancy way of saying you were blending the flavors. Kind of the principal behind slow cooking food all day or soup tasting better the day after it is cooked and then let set all night in a fridge. The food sits, the ingredients blend together over time, and the flavor developes.

I will let this juice continue to develop. It was blended down to 1.5 nic. Not thinking there is a lot oxidizing going on there. Not seeing any difference either compared to leaving juice in the glovebox of a car on a hot day, putting it in or running hot water over it, or as some do to jump start it putting it in a Crock-Pot on low.

I'm pretty sure that taking an essentially virgin juice and putting it on a shelf or in a box in a dark closet somewhere for a period of time will cause it to age and the color will change over time as it blends together.

From what I've seen online of pics of Tmaxx's juice the color of mine right now is not out of line. So in another week or so we will see how it vapes and tastes when I put it in a tank and do a quick 5 count.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well the Cloud Blasters came in today. Both are loaded with the Tmaxx's and putting a cloud chucking smile on my face. Trying to get the new broke in on the factory .20 coils. Some pics in vape mail thread of goodies.

VU Sponsors