Become a Patron!

Recommended wattage for tanks

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
When I use a coil for the tank I always go right in the middle of its recommended wattage. If its an 80 to 110 watt coil I run it on 95 watts. Thats what I run the mesh pro and sense tank. Shud I go lower or will it hurt anything the way Im doing it?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rarely run recommended wattage. My mesh pro triple I'm at 67watts. Rated 80-110

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First off I start low and work my way up until I find a pleasurable vape with good flavor. Once I find the sweet spot it is usually 20-25% less than recommended wattage. I do occasionally try to see if will go higher but usually the taste suffers.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I use a coil for the tank I always go right in the middle of its recommended wattage. If its an 80 to 110 watt coil I run it on 95 watts. Thats what I run the mesh pro and sense tank. Shud I go lower or will it hurt anything the way Im doing it?
You might get a little more coil life if you run it lower. If that's the setting you like it at, go ahead and vape away. But try experimenting with the wattage and airflow. You can usually dial in a pleasurable setting below the coils reccomend wattage. Especially if it's a higher powered coil.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
i never go near recommended wattages.
i enjoy lower watts n i think coils last longer when you keep power down.
The coil will last longer the lower u go. I just like big clouds and I seem to get it at higher wattages. My coils last about 3 weeks.

Jackvape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You might get a little more coil life if you run it lower. If that's the setting you like it at, go ahead and vape away. But try experimenting with the wattage and airflow. You can usually dial in a pleasurable setting below the coils reccomend wattage. Especially if it's a higher powered coil.
I always use my airflow have open. I just dont seem to get the vapor and flavor I want at lower wattages. The mesh pro eats to much juice at high wattages so I usually use the Sense Screen. Its coils go up to 150 but reccomended at 80 to 120. I go 95 half open. Full airflow on tanks seem to airy for me. I was always an rda lover cause Im a cloud chaser. But with mesh coils tanks have more dense vapor then rdas so I switched. I barely use an rda anymore.

Some of my tanks like high watts and some Work great down low. I start low and work up until they stop spitting and then adjust for flavor.

My Mesh Pro seems to run good around 80 with double coils. I was not really impressed with the Sense Screen tank after all the hype. It does not even come to life until 100W. I run Freemax Fireluke triple coils in my Uforce T2 tanks and they are good just about any where in the rating. Turns that Uforce tank into a great tank BTW! I also really had to crank the power to the Smok Prince as well. Even then it would spit a lot. The Geekvape Alpha on the other hand is just smooth everywhere. I just ordered two more Alphas

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I run my tanks from 9W to 100 Watts it all depends on the coils and if factory made or my own custom builds which I will run higher watts because I can just change the cotton. But I use factory made coils more often so maintaining long coil life is a big plus.

VU Sponsors