Become a Patron!

recommended tight airflow RTA

uri

Member For 1 Year
Hi,
I'm sure this question was asked here before but i could use your help...
I'm looking for a good RTA with this features:
- single coil
- 810 Drip Tip
- tight airflow /restricted (for example the Merlin mini) - very important!
- good for flavor (clouds are NOT important)
- not over 24-25 mm diameter
- not to big (like the Creed)
- not prone to leaking and easy to build
- affordable (30$ more or less)

Thanks!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. A good tight single coil atomizer that I can recommend based on your requirements is the pharaoh. If you could live without the 810 drip tip, your list gets much bigger.

uri

Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU. A good tight single coil atomizer that I can recommend based on your requirements is the pharaoh. If you could live without the 810 drip tip, your list gets much bigger.

Thanks!
I'm not looking for an MTL,( I have the Berserker and the Ares and i'm not crazy about them...)
MTL is too tight and i'm looking for a restricted airflow. The pharaoh is an option but i heard mixed reviews.
if a 510 is an option what else can you recommend?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks!
I'm not looking for an MTL,( I have the Berserker and the Ares and i'm not crazy about them...)
MTL is too tight and i'm looking for a restricted airflow. The pharaoh is an option but i heard mixed reviews.
if a 510 is an option what else can you recommend?

Digiflavor Fuji GTA Dual Coil. Its airflow can be dialed in very tight and you can pick them up for about $10 if you look around. People bitch about them leaking but if you build them right, they will not and they excel at flavor.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Le supersonic. I don't think they make the sxk version any more but it's definitely restricted lung hit. 510 tip though. Yftk makes them still

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: uri

uri

Member For 1 Year
Digiflavor Fuji GTA Dual Coil. Its airflow can be dialed in very tight and you can pick them up for about $10 if you look around. People bitch about them leaking but if you build them right, they will not and they excel at flavor.
Thanks,
looks like a big rta. any more suggestions? what OBS? heard good things..

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks,
looks like a big rta. any more suggestions? what OBS? heard good things..

If its the height that makes that one too big, look at the serpent SMM.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
how is the airflow (tight?) and the flavor on this device? i heard (J HAZE) it makes a lot of noise..

I hate J Haze and take his word with a grain of salt (whatever it is). The flavor is above average and the airflow is tight. This makes no more noise than any other little RTA. They all make a little noise, but this one isnt a rape whistle if thats what you are asking.

uri

Member For 1 Year
I hate J Haze and take his word with a grain of salt (whatever it is). The flavor is above average and the airflow is tight. This makes no more noise than any other little RTA. They all make a little noise, but this one isnt a rape whistle if thats what you are asking.

Thanks so much for your help!
any more suggestions?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Thanks so much for your help!
any more suggestions?

When i get home this afternoon I will look through my RTA's and see. I am a pretty avid RTA user so should be able to recommend a few more when in front of the ones I have.

uri

Member For 1 Year
None of them. I find all of them annoying and hard to watch. Yelling like tweakers or bitching like drama queen teenage girls is off putting to me.

I can understand although i like some of them (;

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea fuck that dude. Ha ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
by the way - which youtube reviewer do you like/ appreciate?

Reviewers are just like everyone else. Everyone has different preferences. As an example I wouldn't ever give anyone advice on a good mtl atty. I have absolutely no clue on that. I never have used any mtl attys and really have no interest in it. Reviewers are the same way. Now there are some reviewers that are just assholes like Jai Haze and that Bogan idiot. There are some reviewers that just don't really have a clue like Todd or that idiot AmbitionZ. Then there are some reviewers that use to be pretty good that have become coporate sellouts. It's to the point anymore that I, like alot of others, watch reviews to just get an up close look at an atty or mod before I buy it.

Asbestos

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Restricted DL RTA with single coil and great flavor? I have lots of suggestions but the 810 drip tip voids most .

Squape e-motion
Taifun GT 2,3 or 4
Cloud one v4
These are all incredible attys

The one I'd recommend if you need the 810 dt is the Intake RTA. I can't stand the designer but, credit where it's due, it's a great RTA. Smooth airflow, great flavor and very versatile. It can take big designer coils but works great (better, imo) with standard round wire builds 24,25 or 26 ga kanthal.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
how's the flavor?

I think it’s great ....lovely machining, easy wicking, easy mounting ....position the coil higher than you think you need so the top is poking just above the top plate there

5163995B-D114-42AA-9C81-A70D4C51ED44.jpeg

Bought mine on sale for £22.50 I think

Probably my favourite single coil RTA right now especially for an affordable RTA

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's to the point anymore that I, like alot of others, watch reviews to just get an up close look at an atty or mod before I buy it.
This is exactly what I do. I can care less about their opinions and recommendations I just want to see the device to decide for myself if it's right for me. The comments I see under the reviews are always good for a laugh as well. So many Muppet's on YouTube it's hilarious!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Here are some more for consideration
The Troll
COV- Royal hunter
Pocket RTA
Augvape Merlin

These are all small and when dialed down are restricted. Pocket is weird to build on but the rest are pretty straight forward.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
jwill you ever try the Siren GTA 2 by Digiflavor.... read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of youtube on it and everyone seemed happy with it. Just wondering because I ordered it for a MTL high salt nic set up for work.
I have been DTL for years but work is now treating vaping the same as smoking and you will have to go off property to do it and with a 15min break its not going to happen. So I'm looking at using this tank with a 10 to 25mg nic level at 50 VG/50PG so I can do a couple hits in my truck and call it done.... I now vape 4meg 80/20 for 15 minutes. Anyway I get the tank tomorrow and the salts next week and can start to play around with it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
if a 510 is an option
As a 510 tip option with single coil, OSB Crius II doesn't have a ton of AF wide open and can be turned down to be very restricted or something in between. Won't MTL but I know your not looking for that anyways. Easy to build/wick, excellent flavor. If the stock 3.5ml glass isn't enough, Kylin Mini 5ml bubble fits it.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
jwill you ever try the Siren GTA 2 by Digiflavor.... read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of youtube on it and everyone seemed happy with it. Just wondering because I ordered it for a MTL high salt nic set up for work.
I have been DTL for years but work is now treating vaping the same as smoking and you will have to go off property to do it and with a 15min break its not going to happen. So I'm looking at using this tank with a 10 to 25mg nic level at 50 VG/50PG so I can do a couple hits in my truck and call it done.... I now vape 4meg 80/20 for 15 minutes. Anyway I get the tank tomorrow and the salts next week and can start to play around with it.

I have a siren 22. Its really good for flavor but you have to wick it perfectly or it leaks like a 2 year old.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a siren 22. Its really good for flavor but you have to wick it perfectly or it leaks like a 2 year old.
Darn..... got the 24mm and heard that it's better will play with it and report back sometime next week.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Darn..... got the 24mm and heard that it's better will play with it and report back sometime next week.

I rather like Digiflavor RTA's. I have several of them and never had any issues with any of them really, even the ones other people complain about. You most likely are going to really like it, if you like RTA's. Coil placement and spot on wicking are the ticket to happiness with any RTA. Maybe the 24 is more forgiving than the 22.

uri

Member For 1 Year
Thank you all very much!

After checking the RTA's you mentioned I think this are my options:
1. The serpent smm (small & good flavor but suppose to make a lot of noise)
2. The Pharaoh mini (good flavor but big - 47 mm)
3. Intake (good flavor but big - 50 mm)
4. Asmodus Zesthina (good flavor but big - 50 mm)

What's most important to me is:
1. Smooth and tight air flow (e.g The Drop RDA- perfect air flow in my opinion) I hate turbulence and lots of air.
2. Flavor
3. Sizes (not to big)
4. by the way I don't know if it matters but i vape at a low wattage (30-40W)

Would love to hear your comments..

Thanks!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
still stand by what I said :) bear in mind here few tanks will be as good as an RDA you can drip on dont be expecting Drop RDA level flavour from any of these options you selected though

If you want the absolute flavour chase stick with an RDA where that’s concerned you can’t go far wrong with the hadaly

uri

Member For 1 Year
still stand by what I said :) bear in mind here few tanks will be as good as an RDA you can drip on dont be expecting Drop RDA level flavour from any of these options you selected though

If you want the absolute flavour chase stick with an RDA where that’s concerned you can’t go far wrong with the hadaly

Thanks
Anyone else has anything to add?

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a squonker from tome to time but for a daly use Im looking for a good RTA. RDAs tend to leak..
As others have pointed out rtas can leak if not wicked properly. Unless you look for a good top airflow rta, then you're pretty much leak proof.

With so much to choose from its a tough call to make. The vape market is huge and gets bigger every day.

uri

Member For 1 Year
As others have pointed out rtas can leak if not wicked properly. Unless you look for a good top airflow rta, then you're pretty much leak proof.

With so much to choose from its a tough call to make. The vape market is huge and gets bigger every day.

Thanks.
Leaking isn’t the issue. I think I know how to prevent leaking. What im looking for is a smooth & tight air flow RYA with good flavor. Most likely ill go with the serpent smm or the Zesthina..

Thank you all for helping.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks.
Leaking isn’t the issue. I think I know how to prevent leaking. What im looking for is a smooth & tight air flow RYA with good flavor. Most likely ill go with the serpent smm or the Zesthina..

Thank you all for helping.
Solid choices. Think you'll be happy with either of those. :cheers:

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rather like Digiflavor RTA's. I have several of them and never had any issues with any of them really, even the ones other people complain about. You most likely are going to really like it, if you like RTA's. Coil placement and spot on wicking are the ticket to happiness with any RTA. Maybe the 24 is more forgiving than the 22.
Got the 24 in the mail just giving the Nic salts I made a couple days of steeping and I will give it a go. Mixed up some 15 and 25 meg 50/50 to play with this tank and normally vape 4meg 80/20 DTL. With work making the whole property a no smoking area I had to get a stealth vape in my vehicle without clouding it up and wanted to do it without buying something like a JUUL.
From playing with the tank it looks like it is going to be a winner.... I will post back and let you know.

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the 24 in the mail just giving the Nic salts I made a couple days of steeping and I will give it a go. Mixed up some 15 and 25 meg 50/50 to play with this tank and normally vape 4meg 80/20 DTL. With work making the whole property a no smoking area I had to get a stealth vape in my vehicle without clouding it up and wanted to do it without buying something like a JUUL.
From playing with the tank it looks like it is going to be a winner.... I will post back and let you know.
Well trying out the Siren 24 tonight and its working great.... hitting it with the 15meg but thinking I may need to try out the 25meg I made.... just have to play with the levels with this new way of vaping to keep me on track. But the tank is doing a great job.

Last edited:

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
by the way - which youtube reviewer do you like/ appreciate?

DJLSB Vapes and VapnFagan are my favorites. Daniel does really in-depth technical reviews with lab tests and specs of mods. I trust either one of them when it comes to atomizers. That's just me, though. ;)

uri

Member For 1 Year
in the end i bought the intake rta by mike vapes and i'm pretty satisfied - good smooth air flow, great taste, and no leaking.
thank you all for your help!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
in the end i bought the intake rta by mike vapes and i'm pretty satisfied - good smooth air flow, great taste, and no leaking.
thank you all for your help!

Nice atty vaping on mine now :cheers:

KoblinV3

Member For 1 Year
I hate J Haze and take his word with a grain of salt (whatever it is). The flavor is above average and the airflow is tight.

Haha this is so true. I'll watch his vids but I always watch other reviewers (VapingwithVic, DJLsb, Mike's Vapes, RipTrippers, etc.) to get more perspective. He did turn me on to lightweight/plastic and 3D printed mods though so I'm thankful for that. Just can't do the heavy ones anymore.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These three are good ones....The Reload, The QP Fatality, and the Dead Rabbit.
They all have wonderful airflow...... Smooth all the way to tight.....
599f5dcc749d6769458a68d0550de198.jpg
fe1374c14a21def717b890f90cc811f4.jpg
5604b1eac46d5b7a403bf2c201bf3583.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors