Become a Patron!

Recommended RDA, RBA, RTA?

Austins36

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone have any RDAs, RBAs, RTAs that you'd recommend i buy for a good price?

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you want to do? Do you want a tank that holds several ml or do you want to put a few drops at a time and enjoy different flavors?
Do you want to blow monster clouds or enjoy flavor? Do you build your own coils? Some attys are more difficult to build on than others.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Goblin if you want flavor with clouds. Need experience building but isn't to hard.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Whats your price range?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You need no narrow it down a bit by choosing either RDA or RTA and defining what's more important, flavor or vapor.

Austins36

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My price range is 20 to 50$ I want something I can drop easily without having to do to much all the time, and get good flavor

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My price range is 20 to 50$ I want something I can drop easily without having to do to much all the time, and get good flavor

The eleaf lemo 2 gets awesome flavor, is really easy to build, and the right coil typically lasts me three weeks. It's a tank, but fills from the top which is wonderful.

Dresden247

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm newer to vaping but my favorite tank so far is the Eleaf Lemo. Easy to build, good airflow, good flavor, and holds enough juice to get me through the day. I'm looking for an inexpensive, yet decent, RDA myself, so if anyone has a recommendation?

Dresden247

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The eleaf lemo 2 gets awesome flavor, is really easy to build, and the right coil typically lasts me three weeks. It's a tank, but fills from the top which is wonderful.
Is it the same build as the original Lemo? I wanted to try it out just for the top fill feature. I saw some discouraging comments that it leaks from the air flow holes?

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never bothered to actually set them side by side and look, but yeah, pretty sure it's the same deck.

I haven't had a leaking issue at all thus far either.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends on how much patience you have. RDA, RBA, and RTA all require that you wrap your own coils. Starting with an RDA would be easier, since it has fewer parts. And then there's the issue of portability. RDAs are better for at-home use. RBA refers to Genesis style tanks, which require stainless mesh and more complications. RTAs seem to be the way to go if portability is desired. I have a Lemo Drop ($30) that I haven't fully tested but it seems like a good unit. It arrives with a prebuilt 1.0 ohm coil and some cotton balls, which need to be replaced with organic sheet strips.
My favorite RDA is the Paradigm Magma (Infinite clone $20, best clone of the Magma). Deep juice well, over 1 ml.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm newer to vaping but my favorite tank so far is the Eleaf Lemo. Easy to build, good airflow, good flavor, and holds enough juice to get me through the day. I'm looking for an inexpensive, yet decent, RDA myself, so if anyone has a recommendation?
Can't go wrong with the Infinite clone of the Paradigm Magma.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought mine on eBay for $20 total, but no more at that price. Now one costs $25 total on eBay. I like the way the RDA screws together. No rubber gaskets to mess with. I can find nothing to complain about with this RDA.

Raina

Member For 4 Years
I recently bought a Nimbus RDA clone on ebay just to see if I enjoy dripping and I absolutely love it. The guy drilled out the hole for better airflow and threw in some real screws. Only cost me $7. Didn't want to drop a bunch of money just to find out I don't like dripping. I'll end up buying something better, but for right now, it's completely satisfying. I only use it at home, since it requires some fiddling... but fiddling is half the fun, right.

Dresden247

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought mine on eBay for $20 total, but no more at that price. Now one costs $25 total on eBay. I like the way the RDA screws together. No rubber gaskets to mess with. I can find nothing to complain about with this RDA.

The Tobeco clone? EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed you said Infinite clone. I'm daft sometimes

Last edited:

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Tobeco clone? EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed you said Infinite clone. I'm daft sometimes
The Infinite clone has the best reviews. The video shows no difference between the genuine and the Infinite clone. If I were rich, I would buy the original for $100. But I'm not rich so I bought the clone, which I am quite happy with.

Dresden247

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went to my local shop and ended up getting a Little Boy RDA clone and I love it so far. Much recommend.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went to my local shop and ended up getting a Little Boy RDA clone and I love it so far. Much recommend.
The Little Boy looks like a good RDA. I tried a few RDAs and finally settled on the Magma. I have one Infinite Magma clone and one no name Magma clone. I use only one coil, which is good enough for me. Not sure where you're at...Ni200 or Kanthal. I build with Ni200 for my DNA40. Entered subohming with temp control so skipped the mech mods etc.
I would say that I don't care for the o-rings on the other RDAs I've tried. A Tobh Atty clone, a Stillaire clone, a Wotofo Troll, and a Hobo clone.
One other observation: My Troll is painted white. Bad idea. The paint peels. So, Stainless only for me. I do like my Troll, and am in the process of stripping the paint, since it is stainless beneath the paint.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I asked a similar question here a couple weeks ago, a few people suggested the Kangertech Subtank Mini so I bought one. I am VERY happy with it. It produces lots of vapor with excellent flavor and holds enough juice to last me a full day. Its does everything I hoped for.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I asked a similar question here a couple weeks ago, a few people suggested the Kangertech Subtank Mini so I bought one. I am VERY happy with it. It produces lots of vapor with excellent flavor and holds enough juice to last me a full day. Its does everything I hoped for.
Good idea to ask before buying. I asked about an RTA and went with the Lemo Drop. I built a 0.17 ohm coil according to RIP Tripper's tutorial, and am satisfied with the vape. Vaping at 360 degrees and 25 watts with 85vg/15pg.

DerpyVaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For RDA for a good amount of vapor production, I recommend the Doge v2. Its pretty amazing and i haven't had a problem with it at all on my 150w box.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would never suggest a rebuildable tank for a newbie, and an rda is not far behind. Though im not sure of the OPers experience level, judging by the incredibly broad question, he seems pretty new (no offense intended).

Id suggest something like a kanger subtank, since it has 'plug and play' abilities, and an opportunity to learn how to rebuild.
I have a Lemo2 and its great, but could give terrible issues to someone who is not familiar with how tanks work.
For RDAs, you cant go wrong with the 'designed in america, built in china' authentics, like a CLT, holmes, mutation X, doge, and others.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would never suggest a rebuildable tank for a newbie, and an rda is not far behind. Though im not sure of the OPers experience level, judging by the incredibly broad question, he seems pretty new (no offense intended).

Id suggest something like a kanger subtank, since it has 'plug and play' abilities, and an opportunity to learn how to rebuild.
I have a Lemo2 and its great, but could give terrible issues to someone who is not familiar with how tanks work.
For RDAs, you cant go wrong with the 'designed in america, built in china' authentics, like a CLT, holmes, mutation X, doge, and others.
It took quite awhile before I felt brave enough to attempt a build. I skipped the Kanthal/Mechanical Mod scene and went right into Ni200 with a DNA40.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only build single coils, and that's good enough. Presently, I have a coil built on my Lemo Drop RTA, my two Magmas, my Hobo, and my Troll.

retic1959

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

In a way I want to agree with you , most newbies aren't ready for a rebuildable , and some few never will be . I also think we should guide newbies towards rebuilding as rapidly possible within reason because of looming regulations .It's a tough call until we see what those bastards at the FDA are gonna do . I agree with the Subtanks being a good choice for keeping their options open .

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally disagree...the quicker a newbie bust their cherry on a a rebuildable the better no time like the present...alot of us years ago went from crappy cartomizers to building ss mesh wicks in gennys in a matter of weeks. with all the drippers and VVVW devices around rebuildables are a snap.

Tomas leach

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the subtank for about.... 2 hours. Broke out the rta/rba (haven't figured out proper short for it) and within... 3 days I went back to my local vape shop and got myself a darkhorse. Never looked back

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The magma is a flavor RDA and is a good one to start with.
Other flavor RDAs I can recommend are the Derringer and the Marquiz.

retic1959

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I totally disagree...the quicker a newbie bust their cherry on a a rebuildable the better no time like the present...alot of us years ago went from crappy cartomizers to building ss mesh wicks in gennys in a matter of weeks. with all the drippers and VVVW devices around rebuildables are a snap.
What you and I consider a snap is a big challenge for some . I've seen people struggle with building a Kayfun for the better part of six months , some just don't get it . As I said though I feel it's important to guide newbies into rebuilding as quickly as possible because of the damned FDA , all those clearo and carto users might be shit out of luck fairly soon .

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Compared to rebuilding with mesh, rebuilding with cotton is a snap.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you and I consider a snap is a big challenge for some . I've seen people struggle with building a Kayfun for the better part of six months , some just don't get it . As I said though I feel it's important to guide newbies into rebuilding as quickly as possible because of the damned FDA , all those clearo and carto users might be shit out of luck fairly soon .[/QUOTE

stick with those premade coils then.....when I started vaping there were no vaping shops I remember the first time I went into a B&M and saw they did rebuilds for 5 bucks I couldn't believe it. none of the shops would even try and tackle rebuilding a genny....I mean here were guys who'd drop a couple of hundred dollars on chasing some unicorn,and they wouldn't even bother learning how to build a simple dripping atty.it ain't rocket science.

retic1959

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope , it ain't rocket science but some peoples brains aren't wired for rebuilding , some I've suspected had a learning disorder of some sort , there's a bunch of them I've run into on other forums that are long term vapers that can't get it and there's always the newbies with a death wish as well . It's scary to think that some of them are driving vehicles on public roads as well . :)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless you have arthritis, poor eye sight or 2 left hands, there is no reason not to do it yourself.

retic1959

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Unless you have arthritis, poor eye sight or 2 left hands, there is no reason not to do it yourself.
You're leaving stupidity out of the equation , ignorance is curable , stupidity ain't . I put it politely in an earlier post by saying perhaps a learning disorder , but the hell with it , I've seen people that are just plain too stupid to do it .

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're leaving stupidity out of the equation , ignorance is curable , stupidity ain't . I put it politely in an earlier post by saying perhaps a learning disorder , but the hell with it , I've seen people that are just plain too stupid to do it .

And you forgetting about laziness.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some of my favorite rda's for flavor is a Freakshow Mini. Simple to build on. You don't need a fancy build to get flavor. A basic dual coil or parallel build is excellent. Throws nice clouds.

Tobh V2 is great for flavor, easier to build the F Mini because of space. Also throws nice clouds. Because of space you can do more elaborate builds as your skills improve. Excellent atty.

For a great combo of cloud and amazing flavor, the Origen Genesis RtA is King for me. Harder to build on but well worth the learning curve. Dual coil sleepers reign supreme for this atty. Builds in the .3 to .5 area are ridiculous. Also allows for a single coil setup mode if your more inclined to do so

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've heard so much about the amazing flavor you can get from a genesis atty. I've been looking at the Next Gen. I think I'm gonna pick up the $13 fasttech clone and see what all the fuss is about.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard so much about the amazing flavor you can get from a genesis atty. I've been looking at the Next Gen. I think I'm gonna pick up the $13 fasttech clone and see what all the fuss is about.
not your typical genny..easier to coil than a typical genny,and is supposed to be pretty good ....I think we are going to see alot more of these trypes of gennys like the nextgen and the IN'AX with the centered post.probablly a good genny for a beginer.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Its so worth it man. And building them is interesting to.
This is my first build on it. Single strand, I think its 28g. It may be 26

14315411882401432834409.jpg

The U at the bottom goes under the negative post. Thing is, the wire is round, so now I hammer the U flat and its so much easier. Someetimes it fights to stay lined up over the wick holes but once you get it, its awesome.

1431541432027-515103254.jpg

These coils are gunked up but you can see the wick holes. 26g with ribbon wire twisted around it.
The screw at the bottom is the negative pin, where the U goes. The fatter pin in the middle is where the 2 positive leads go and the pin at the top is where you fill it up. That pic is for dual coil mode.
Removing the fatter aluminum piece (looks like 2 but its 1 piece) and replacing it with a different one makes it single coil mode.
Its a fun atty, but again the flavor is killer.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its so worth it man. And building them is interesting to.
This is my first build on it. Single strand, I think its 28g. It may be 26

View attachment 20415

The U at the bottom goes under the negative post. Thing is, the wire is round, so now I hammer the U flat and its so much easier. Someetimes it fights to stay lined up over the wick holes but once you get it, its awesome.

View attachment 20416

These coils are gunked up but you can see the wick holes. 26g with ribbon wire twisted around it.
The screw at the bottom is the negative pin, where the U goes. The fatter pin in the middle is where the 2 positive leads go and the pin at the top is where you fill it up. That pic is for dual coil mode.
Removing the fatter aluminum piece (looks like 2 but its 1 piece) and replacing it with a different one makes it single coil mode.
Its a fun atty, but again the flavor is killer.
To do a genny justice you should try them with ss mesh or ceramic.....us genheads don't like sucking limp wicks. that's an origenny v2? the nextgen is eaier to build on than this.

Last edited:

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To do a genny justice you should try them with ss mesh or ceramic.....us genheads don't like sucking limp wicks. that's an origenny v2? the nextgen is eaier to build on than this.

Yeah, Ive heard that and keep forgetting to get some mesh. I can only imagine cause I cant believe it can be even better, thats incredible. Yes, its a V2 and my first genny. Im really impressed with them. The shop owner by me is into them to, so I'll be looking for the newer ones when they come out by me

VU Sponsors