Become a Patron!

WZM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there,

My battery mod will only take tanks up to 18.5mm diameter- max, preferably 17mm.

I have a subtank nano with my trusty nautilus mini for backup. The subtank nano is only 2 months old and leaks all the time so I can't use it anymore without going crazy!... Love the increased vapour with the 1.2s though. Have replaced o rings and the problem comes back after a few fills. I've seen the new toptank nano but fear this will have exactly the same problem as it's very similar. I've done hours worth of searching for a small diameter subtank but no joy. It doesn't necessarily have to be a subtank so long as it takes coils around the 0.8 - 1.4 mark. I've also seen the Modtank 25 by NatureVape but it looks a little cheap and breakable and not very attractive! Plus on reviews the o rings are tiny and loose, not a good sign although most reviews are positive about it. LOVE the look of the aspire cleito but too wide :(

Any suggestions?
I love my battery mod and won't consider another battery for now!

Thanks
W

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe the 16 mm version of the GS Air 2? Coils come in .75 1.2 and 1.5 and seem to last quite a while. Good vapor and decent flavor.

WZM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks, I'll have a look. Oliver Cromwell 's brother or something?? ;)

WZM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got it, not a bad tank. Cheers for the recommendation.

Hasn't leaked at all yet so that's good!

If you're wondering, here's a quick review. I'll edit the tags so people can hopefully find it on Google as I struggled to find any reviews at all on this new tank. L...
On the plus side, it has a very simple design where just the atomizer screws off for bottom filling (easy to clean; less to go wrong), coils seem good not bad vapour with 0.75 but not as much as you'd think. It's very cheap! Coils average priced.
On the negative side: it gets very hot after just a few hits. Seems a little fragile for my liking. The air flow adjustment isn't what I was expecting, it's done by using a silicone ring with slits in usually used to protect the tank from breaking placed in just the right spot. It's a pretty stupid design so I just leave the hole wide open. Good airflow by default. I know I was looking for a small tank but this really is tiny! Gotta be the smallest tank capable of sub ohming around! Sadly for me, it's not quite tall enough even with my biggest drip tip to get enough room to toke on the top of my mod however with a normal straight battery this could be a nice compact setup. Good flavour, I will be using it just for home vaping until I find that perfect tank ;)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it, not a bad tank. Cheers for the recommendation.

Hasn't leaked at all yet so that's good!

If you're wondering, here's a quick review. I'll edit the tags so people can hopefully find it on Google as I struggled to find any reviews at all on this new tank. L...
On the plus side, it has a very simple design where just the atomizer screws off for bottom filling (easy to clean; less to go wrong), coils seem good not bad vapour with 0.75 but not as much as you'd think. It's very cheap! Coils average priced.
On the negative side: it gets very hot after just a few hits. Seems a little fragile for my liking. The air flow adjustment isn't what I was expecting, it's done by using a silicone ring with slits in usually used to protect the tank from breaking placed in just the right spot. It's a pretty stupid design so I just leave the hole wide open. Good airflow by default. I know I was looking for a small tank but this really is tiny! Gotta be the smallest tank capable of sub ohming around! Sadly for me, it's not quite tall enough even with my biggest drip tip to get enough room to toke on the top of my mod however with a normal straight battery this could be a nice compact setup. Good flavour, I will be using it just for home vaping until I find that perfect tank ;)
The GS AIR 2 has an airflow ring.

WZM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The GS AIR 2 has an airflow ring.

Of sorts, yes. But not your conventional twisting metal part with varying hole sizes. Instead you have to slip a rubber band around the Base with two slits in and position it over the air holes to restrict some of the air. This makes the tank too wide for my mod so not a good design for me

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of sorts, yes. But not your conventional twisting metal part with varying hole sizes. Instead you have to slip a rubber band around the Base with two slits in and position it over the air holes to restrict some of the air. This makes the tank too wide for my mod so not a good design for me
My 14 mm one has a cyclops twisting AFC ring.
here is a pic of the GS Air 2 16.5 mm
gsair219_1.jpg

Hi there,

My battery mod will only take tanks up to 18.5mm diameter- max, preferably 17mm.

I have a subtank nano with my trusty nautilus mini for backup. The subtank nano is only 2 months old and leaks all the time so I can't use it anymore without going crazy!... Love the increased vapour with the 1.2s though. Have replaced o rings and the problem comes back after a few fills. I've seen the new toptank nano but fear this will have exactly the same problem as it's very similar. I've done hours worth of searching for a small diameter subtank but no joy. It doesn't necessarily have to be a subtank so long as it takes coils around the 0.8 - 1.4 mark. I've also seen the Modtank 25 by NatureVape but it looks a little cheap and breakable and not very attractive! Plus on reviews the o rings are tiny and loose, not a good sign although most reviews are positive about it. LOVE the look of the aspire cleito but too wide :(

Any suggestions?
I love my battery mod and won't consider another battery for now!

Thanks
W
I have the Athena eNVy 17 also and use the Aerotank and Subtank Nano Toptank and have never had either one to leak. Focalecig offers the ECT Fog Mini that is 18.5mm diameter. A 510 extension is needed to raise the tank height of the Nano through the top ring of the Athena. There's a nice stainless steel 510 extension that comes with the AGF tank by UD. It's about 19mm diameter and 9mm high. It won't fit through the top ring, but fits on the existing 510 connector and you can be left on.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kangertech Protank 2, Protank 3, AeroTank are all 18.5mm and would have coils in your preferred range.

WZM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cheers for the advice guys! Think they must have sent me the wrong tank Robert... Have gone for the isub Apex and can't fault it in any way whatsoever. Obviously that meant a new battery mod but my envy 17 was kinda fucked. Paired with the Tesla Stealth 100w I'm good for another year or so :)

VU Sponsors