Become a Patron!

Recommend me an RTA upgrade

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been using my SMOK TFV 8 Cloud Beasts for a year now. I love them. Easy to build, simple to fill, extremely reliable. In fact, I'm getting ready to buy a couple more, but...

I've been out of the new vape gear scene for awhile now, so looking for feedback on what's the latest, greatest comparable to TFV8 from all of my trusted friends here. I'm willing to try whatever you recommend, as long as it's an RTA, under 35 bucks, has an easy top fill like the Cloud Beast, and has an easy to build on Velocity deck. I don't use disposable coils, so that's not an issue. I generally build dual ss Claptons (various multi-core configs), Aliens etc. in the .15 to .40 range. I like 80-90 watts. It would be nice to have a deck that can fit larger/wider coils, but I'm good with what the Cloud Beast can fit.

Just interested in tanks, I've got the RDA side handled. A big plus of the Cloud Beast is filling it is nearly a one-handed process. That's a big plus for me since...let's just say I spend a large portion of my life behind the wheel.

So, any suggestions appreciated!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why not just buy the RBA section for the TFV8? Cheap and functional.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've been using my SMOK TFV 8 Cloud Beasts for a year now. I love them. Easy to build, simple to fill, extremely reliable. In fact, I'm getting ready to buy a couple more, but...

I've been out of the new vape gear scene for awhile now, so looking for feedback on what's the latest, greatest comparable to TFV8 from all of my trusted friends here. I'm willing to try whatever you recommend, as long as it's an RTA, under 35 bucks, has an easy top fill like the Cloud Beast, and has an easy to build on Velocity deck. I don't use disposable coils, so that's not an issue. I generally build dual ss Claptons (various multi-core configs), Aliens etc. in the .15 to .40 range. I like 80-90 watts. It would be nice to have a deck that can fit larger/wider coils, but I'm good with what the Cloud Beast can fit.

Just interested in tanks, I've got the RDA side handled. A big plus of the Cloud Beast is filling it is nearly a one-handed process. That's a big plus for me since...let's just say I spend a large portion of my life behind the wheel.

So, any suggestions appreciated!
Don't recall seeing many top fill RTA's that have that Beast type fill. Have a look at OBS and the top fill they use, while I ponder.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
QP Designs Juggerknot uses OBS pop-up fill method, and holds quite a bit of eliquid, but it's spendy.

OBS Engine 2 (or one).

Ehpro Bachelor 2 uses a slide-to-the-side fill method, but it's a little dated.

Ijoy Captain RTA also uses a slide to fill method. Nice tank, but a little odd...

Alternately, pick a BIG tank like the Aromamizer Plus which holds 10 ml (or more if you use the 20 ml kit).

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
single coil ammits are nice but can be finiky with wicking so they dont leak
griffins for dual coil

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Aromamizer Supreme V1 - I have 2 that I use daily. I have at least 15+ other tanks that now collect dust most of the time. It is the only tank I use anymore. Great wicking, great flavor, easy filling, and juice flow control that can be shut off completely to put in your pocket. Just awesome tanks! YMMV! Happy Vaping!

CV

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know you mentioned tanks but since you also mentioned being behind the wheel a lot, maybe a squonk setup? Something like a dual battery rage, holds 7ml. The rsq is a single battery, also 7ml. The pulse 80w bf is supposed to be 8ml I think.

Either that or have you tried using an ez dripper? I haven't used one personally, some people really like them. Basically holds a bottle of juice with a suction cup holder that mounts to the windshield. It's supposed to be hands free so you can drip your rda without fumbling with a juice bottle in your lap. Then you could use your rda's while you drive.

VU Sponsors