Become a Patron!

Recommend a mod?

MikeDommy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys.... Looking to get a new mod, as there's always a small con with most. Right now I'm using the Predator 228, which is nice, but always seems to give me BS errors etc... I have the Tarot Pro which changes wattage for no reason(needs a lock), and I have an ipv5 which I like the most, only the button wore down on the inside, and Pioneer "doesn't have parts". Anyway, I don't want to spend $7,984,334 on a mod, but want something that works well with RDAs. I'm using the Aria Sleeper RDA and soon the Dead Rabbit I just preordered. Any suggestions on a solid mod?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys.... Looking to get a new mod, as there's always a small con with most. Right now I'm using the Predator 228, which is nice, but always seems to give me BS errors etc... I have the Tarot Pro which changes wattage for no reason(needs a lock), and I have an ipv5 which I like the most, only the button wore down on the inside, and Pioneer "doesn't have parts". Anyway, I don't want to spend $7,984,334 on a mod, but want something that works well with RDAs. I'm using the Aria Sleeper RDA and soon the Dead Rabbit I just preordered. Any suggestions on a solid mod?
VooPoo DRAG 157W TC Mod with the New Gene Chip

This mod is quality made with the fastest firing chip in the world that is priced just right.

https://www.vapordna.com/VooPoo-DRAG-157W-TC-Box-Mod-p/vpdrag.htm

18557204_1394506570587530_6846598430862944214_n.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I actually saw a review on this mod. Looks sweet. I'll check it out again. Thanks!
This has been my go to mod that I take with me everyday with having no issues.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the ipv5's only issue is that damn button
i have disassembled and cleaned teh contact on myine about 3 times in 3 months but it still runs perfect
f you want a mass produced mod. my experience is IPV all the way. They have made a few crap ones over the years. But my d2 and 3li are over 2 years old and run like new
and my 5 is like a year old and runs like new
And i have heard very similar experiences from tons of other IPV owners
most IPV mods are durable and hold up for years even with the abuse I put mine through.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The BS errors with the Predator typically are caused by the knurling around the 510 connector's screw threads making poor contact with the body of the mod. There's a very easy way to fix it, though:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe check out the first page of TC mods on the 3fvape website. There are a few interesting new devices coming out soon, most under $45.00 shipped.

eJuices.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I just bought 3 (for me and a few co-workers) of the Voopoo Newbies and love them, I ordered 5 more to give away. Same Gene chip and a hair smaller than the SDNA. They fire faster (a tiny bit) than a DNA and automatically set the wattage as you add a new atty.

VU Sponsors