Become a Patron!

RECIPE REQUESTS THREAD

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
DIY noob looking for Vanilla Coke, my holy grail flavor... Anyone have a good Coke recipe that has the "fizz" not the syrup ending?

You have to start with a cola flavor that tastes like a great plain Coke to you. If you don't like your cola flavor plain, no vanilla will disguise it.
My favorite is FlavourArt Cola. It's clear flavoring that vapes really clean, ready to vape without no 'steeping' or aging, crisp - with that weird "bubbly" sensation (don't know if that's really from the flavoring or if it's a mind-trick, but it's a great effect). So here's what I'd use:
3% FA Cola
1.5% FA Vanilla Classic

For small samples of those flavorings, purevapes.com has them at $1.50 each, with cheap shipping. If you like Cherry Coke, pick up FA Black Cherry, too. That one's 3% FA Cola with 1.5% FA Black Cherry. Lime Coke = 3% FA Cola with 0.5% FA Lime Cold-Press.

WilECyOT

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you everyone for your wisdom and the supplier links. I am going back to the drawing board and starting simple with getting the Coke flavor right. Then I'll mess around with the Vanilla. I like the idea of the FA-Cola that is clear. I'm going to start with a 50/50 vg/pg. I'm going for flavor.

Being an IT geek, the hardware building stuff comes easy. DIY juice is like programming... and I suck at programming. Practice and patience.

This is why I joined the Underground! Good people and advice.

I'd love a clone of Pink Spot's Pink Spot. Here's the description: "fusion including hints of raspberry, pineapple, lime"

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Can you explain the "fussion"?
What do you get on the inhale and exhale? :)

It's definitely got a lime presence in the exhale, but it's not strong at all. The "fusion" is just sweetish fruit, to me. I haven't started diying just yet, so I haven't gotten to play with the flavors myself, but I'm ordering a bunch today. Just so many options!!!

bkind

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a request. I just found a juice that I fell in love with... It is suicide bunny madrina. It is by far the best melon mix I have ever vaped! I'm thinking about getting into diying just to get this vape much cheaper. Any suggestions?

kboxvegas

Member For 4 Years
Does anyone have a clone of Nicotickets Betelgeuse? I know it is Raspberry, Mango, Pineapple, and Strawberry I just don't know the brands or ratios used for each flavor. The Mango and Pineapple seem to vary quite a bit from TFA to FW or FA for example. Any help would greatly appreciated.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Last edited:

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
this would be a major ingredient: http://flavorwest.com/index.php/butter-pecan.html
this is probably the vanilla/cream flavor: http://flavorwest.com/index.php/vanilla-bean-ice-cream.html

ps - you might want to investigate diacetyl in these flavorings, as well as in the Freakshow liquid

Thanks for that. You just ruined the only flavour I enjoy and use every day. :(

I do appreciate the info. It's all about vaping safe. Information like this is why I will never use Kanthal.

"The United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has suggested diacetyl, when used in artificial butter flavoring (as used in many consumer foods), may be hazardous when heated and inhaled over a long period."

Delivered by carrier pigeon.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I do appreciate the info. It's all about vaping safe. Information like this is why I will never use Kanthal.

"The United States National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health has suggested diacetyl, when used in artificial butter flavoring (as used in many consumer foods), may be hazardous when heated and inhaled over a long period."

then you might have an issue with vaping period.. it's used in:

cartos
atties
drippers

that kanger 501 ecab might be your safest tho.. :oops:

hmm i.v. anyone?? :p

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I do appreciate the info. It's all about vaping safe. .

GrayMatter, I'm really sorry for that. Some people choose to use it, some avoid it, but it should be an informed choice.
If you DIY, you can easily substitute another vanilla/cream that doesn't have custard notes. In fact, some are even tastier. But I know that FW Butter Pecan is one of a kind, no real substitute there.

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
then you might have an issue with vaping period.. it's used in:

cartos
atties
drippers

that kanger 501 ecab might be your safest tho.. :oops:

hmm i.v. anyone?? :p

I don't understand? How/where is diacetyl used in those items if we avoid juice that has it in it?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

this is what I was referring to..

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
GrayMatter, I'm really sorry for that. Some people choose to use it, some avoid it, but it should be an informed choice.
If you DIY, you can easily substitute another vanilla/cream that doesn't have custard notes. In fact, some are even tastier. But I know that FW Butter Pecan is one of a kind, no real substitute there.

Yep. The only really safe thing is to not vape at all. But I'm still fighting with my cravings to smoke analogs. So I will continue to vape. But I try to educate myself to hopefully have the safest vape I reasonably can.

There were also health discussions back years ago about dangers of inhaling VG vs. PG but no one really talks about that any more.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you need to up your nic, if you are still craving..
give it time, GrayMatter..

as far as those long ago discussions.. it's proven there is no antifreeze.. and no petroleum..

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years
this is what I was referring to..
Kanthal? Yep. That is why I only use coils I build myself with NiChrome and avoid anything else. And I know it's not all that much better but at least I feel better about avoiding the aluminium.

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years

as far as those long ago discussions.. it's proven there is no antifreeze.. and no petroleum..

Yes, I agree and have always known that. That is not what I was referring to. It was more about the chemical reactions that take place when you heat VG and what it turns into. And also prolonged contact with it just as mentioned in the report about diacetyl.

GrayMatter

Member For 4 Years

I have thought about increasing my NIC level but it's almost as if my body is getting used to it. Have you experienced anything like that? I started off at 6mg and was fine for a few days using about 5-10ml a day, then I got up to using almost 30ml a day just to hold back the cravings. So I increased to 12mg and I was back down to 5-10ml a day but now I'm getting closer to 20ml a day and it's not quite cutting it.

Any suggestions?

Ps. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
and you run a chance being hit by a car, while crossing the side walk..
or smoking, or..

but the way i see it.. if it makes me happy, if it is safer than smoking.. then by George I will hop to it..
see.. life is way too short.. and my master plan is.. be happy with what I have, accept what I can't and deal with what i do not have..

as far as your nic.. it sounds to me like you are stressing on it..

try this.. go to your local abc shop (licker store) and get some white rum (151 if you can, if not, everclear) then stop off at the pharmacy for 1 oral syringe..
Pick (yes choose) your nic level.. then taking your syringe.. add 5% of the alcohol to it.. it will give you a nic feeling and curb that.. then you can start relaxing and take that nic level down to where you want.. and do so by 2mg at a time.. the amount of juice you go thru does not matter right now.

Z3vapor

Member For 5 Years
RBA/RDA all the way and you can probably do less nic. Plus you'll have more fun blowing bigger clouds than your buddy using a clearo.

justaguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Last edited:
The juice recipe I'm looking for is called Gorilla Juice. However if I ask for that everyone would think it's the one from AVE. Sorry if this gets long winded but here goes. Gorilla Juice is made by someone in the mid west around Chicago I think. He made the juice for "Hoosier Vapes" they had problems with it because it's a tank cracker. They had the person that made it, make it with different ingredients so it wouldn't crack tanks. The guy from " Hoosier Vapes" then took that recipe and made a copy of it and cut out the Gorilla Juice maker. The maker of Gorilla Juice then went to the owner of another B&M and asked if he wanted to buy juice from him. He said okay but he wanted the original formula that cracked tanks. He got his wish It's a great juice and it would be my all day every day If I could make it. I bought a liter of it at a steep price but I'd like to make it myself. I can't tell flavors but I know what tastes good to me. I did see a couple of clones that I want to try. Thanks for your time.

DanishVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have to start with a cola flavor that tastes like a great plain Coke to you. If you don't like your cola flavor plain, no vanilla will disguise it.
My favorite is FlavourArt Cola. It's clear flavoring that vapes really clean, ready to vape without no 'steeping' or aging, crisp - with that weird "bubbly" sensation (don't know if that's really from the flavoring or if it's a mind-trick, but it's a great effect). So here's what I'd use:
3% FA Cola
1.5% FA Vanilla Classic

For small samples of those flavorings, purevapes.com has them at $1.50 each, with cheap shipping. If you like Cherry Coke, pick up FA Black Cherry, too. That one's 3% FA Cola with 1.5% FA Black Cherry. Lime Coke = 3% FA Cola with 0.5% FA Lime Cold-Press.

I´ve bought the flavorart Cola.
If you just want a plain coke should you add 4,5 % coke or just the 3%?

justaguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
does anyone know of a good custard cake recipe out here?

Last edited:

ZoeBoy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please tell me if someone is able to recreate the flavor of
Vaporessence's - Frappaccino ? Thanks

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have a good recipe for Fried Sardine and Mustard Sandwich on Sourdough. I tasted it once from a company called Chapter XII, its flavor name was Hemmingway.....

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I´ve bought the flavorart Cola.
If you just want a plain coke should you add 4,5 % coke or just the 3%?

I like it standalone anywhere at 3 or 3.5%, depending on what tank I'm using (protank clones, most of 'em)

Anyone have a good or close recipe for The Standard Vapes Curious Jorge? I have the nice and base, but need to order the flavoring.

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ribena is one that is on my to do list

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone have a really sweet Apricot recipe? I love Apricot Preserves, so I think an Apricot vape would be so good. Thanks everyone! Hope y'all have a great Saturday! I'm gonna be running some errands for my wife this morning, and I WILL be vaping & driving....lol :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A "Good" Pumpkin pie recipe? I have some from Zeus juice that is pretty tasty. Would like to replicate it, or end up with a better recipe.

scottw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I want a true fruity pebbles. Nothing I have found or tried works. Always tastes like trix or
Something other than FB. I tried an amazing one this weekend called Cereal Killer. It was yummy.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want a true fruity pebbles. Nothing I have found or tried works. Always tastes like trix or
Something other than FB. I tried an amazing one this weekend called Cereal Killer. It was yummy.
I think you need to buy a very large box and then separate each color out and then try to duplicate each flavor and them just put them together. I bet that's what HIC would do.

He goes to extremes, but he comes up with some damn good juices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottw

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you need to buy a very large box and then separate each color out and then try to duplicate each flavor and them just put them together. I bet that's what HIC would do.

He goes to extremes, but he comes up with some damn good juices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am secretly hoping HIC has one already lol.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have Fruity Pebbles, sorry! TBall's right about how I'd do it, though.

When I was 5 I separated my Froot Loops to eat each color plain. Neat little piles of soggy 0's picked out the milk. I don't recall if I thought they tasted different, but I remember my mom quit buying them.

In the past few months I read that Froot Loops are all the same flavor. I bought some to verify that. First thing I'd do with FP is see if they're different flavors. Yup, I'm that weird.

mishima

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Here's one that I've made. I'm not sure how it compares to commercial ones since I've not tried one yet.

OneOnOne Pebbles 7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2%
TFA Sweet Cream 1%

VU Sponsors