Become a Patron!

Recharge question

Hi All.

I am new to the forum. I have been vaping for almost three weeks. I bought my starter kit, and never needed an analog cigarette since. I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question for me. I have a Joyetech evic 2 mini, and I charge it from my pc. Can anyone tell me if I can use the direct wall socket charger from my Samsung tablet to charge my box?

Thanks a lot.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The PC usb only puts out 0.5A...
I would use the other charger if it puts out 5V at either 1A or 2A, your mod wont charge any higher than it can

Personally I would invest in a standalone charger and a second battery so you can swap out the low cell for a fresh one and keep vaping safely

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Won't hurt a thing. Will probably charge it faster than the computer. Ignore the post that told you no. Charging batteries in an external charger is always better though.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea sure, don't worry about it being a brick made for a laptop/tablet and most likely rated at 19V and 3.2A, give or take.;)

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Your best option is a dedicated usb wall wart in the 0.5mA to 1A range, some say use a 2 or 2.1A but why risk burning out the charging circuit on the mod itself, or risk an overcurrent charge and cause the battery to go thermal if the charge circuit can't regulate down the input current. You could also go the usb hub with its own external power source route as well. MonsterCable also makes an outlet expansion block that expands a 2 slot wall socket into 6, with 2 dedicated USB charger ports which I use personally. There are many options, just read what your mod manual says input voltage and max amps it needs, do not exceed those two ratings, voltage you have to match on the dime though.

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it is a USB port, than you can plug your charging cable into, it is more than like OK. The USB standard voltage output is 5 volts. Doesn't matter if it's a computer, a wall adapter, whatever..........Use it. They may have different current outputs. Some may output 250 ma, some 500 ma, some 1 amp, some may be 2.1 amp. Doesn't matter. It puts out 5 volts. The charging circuit in your mod will adjust the 5 volts to properly charge its battery. Lower current outputs will take longer to charge your battery. If in doubt, read the labels.

USB ports do not have 19 volts on them. They have 5 volts. Period. Charge it where you want. Nuff said.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi All.

I am new to the forum. I have been vaping for almost three weeks. I bought my starter kit, and never needed an analog cigarette since. I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question for me. I have a Joyetech evic 2 mini, and I charge it from my pc. Can anyone tell me if I can use the direct wall socket charger from my Samsung tablet to charge my box?

Thanks a lot.
HARD NO!
Pretty sure I saw a video where someone used an apple ipod charger on an ecig and it blew up.
Rule of thumb, only use the charger that came with, or a replacement made for, your device. Or a good quality charger if your mod takes external batteries. (which I believe it does). You might find a 2 cell charger is a good investment, so you can have one in your mod, and one charged at all times.
nitecore is good. xtar is better but more expensive and more advanced than most people need.
nz8gjhtdxpvlt8kww6qt.gif

http://gizmodo.com/e-cigarette-plugged-into-ipad-charger-explodes-in-front-1560840122

Granted I don't know all the details here, but since my mod cost me the better part of $200 I wouldnt take a chance for the sake of a $24.00 charger. :)

Last edited:

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yea sure, don't worry about it being a brick made for a laptop/tablet and most likely rated at 19V and 3.2A, give or take.;)
Reading the specs of the charger will stop that from happening...the charger in question is only 5V

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As a general practice I try to avoid using on board chargers whenever possible.
The external standalone, charges more efficiently, and is usually better for the batteries.
Not to mention with updatable boards I don't want to run the risk of accidentally breaking the USB port.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors