Become a Patron!

Real Flavors flavorings?

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow can't wait to try now, you described it perfectly if ever tasted I asks one merchant who stopped making it . Said 1/2 blueberry 1/2 marshmallow but I know there was more . All you taste is exactly on key In Flavor
Where are you purchasing your flavors from May I ask . I see on gremlin but heard they dilute but I can't see this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy mostly direct from Real Flavors, especially when I know I like a flavor I'll go ahead and buy the 2oz size. But for other flavors it's mainly bull city and EcigXpress. I've never had a problem with GremlinDiy but I've never heard of them diluting flavors but I do like GremlinDiy for "sample size" flavors.

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks I love helping as much as I can :)

I haven't ordered it yet. I'm more interested in Flavorah's backordered Custard. I'm hoping it will have that light, airy, slight eggy flavor and mouthfeel. Does the INW Custard have that ? Flavorah's Vanilla Custard has it using 1%. But anything higher, the vanilla takes over.

Flavorah has a plain custard??
Damn it Jimi that sounds awesome

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow I can't see the time for these all to steep , but they way it sounds worth it . Just wondered the difference between the VG , to the raw extract and then pdo.. ? So I know before I purchase ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know exactly how long it needed to steep, it's just that my rotation is big right now & juices come back around every week to ten days. I will say that when I make my next batch (yes I will make it again), I will probably go to 16%, though.
I also tried their Birthday Cake (rebranded under the North West logo), as a standalone & as a shake & vape, it was horrible. I haven't tried it now since I made it (like 5 days ago), but I'm going to let that one sit a good two weeks. Tasted nothing like nothing! Obviously I'm hoping a steep will do something for it.
I'm thinking of trying the Raspberry next. Anyone have recommendations on that one?

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wou

ld a

I would also love to hear your thoughts on some other flavors if you have tried them?

Aged Bourbon Cream
Butter Toffee
Boston Cream Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Cream
Dreamsicle
French Vanilla
Lemon Meringue
Rocky Road Ice Cream
Strawberry Rhubarb
Rhubarb

I know you may not have any of these flavors, but if so it would be great!

Thanks so much, good reviews.

Hey mystic, not sure if I told you but the butter toffee is so good. If you l've already bought it then you know but the butter toffee to me is better the butterscotch pudding. I'm placing an order with real Flavors today for the raw extracts but the ELR coupon code doesn't work for the raw extracts (supposedly)

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey mystic, not sure if I told you but the butter toffee is so good. If you l've already bought it then you know but the butter toffee to me is better the butterscotch pudding. I'm placing an order with real Flavors today for the raw extracts but the ELR coupon code doesn't work for the raw extracts (supposedly)
I just got the Butter Toffee in a few weeks ago. I'm on 3 weeks of the steep right now, it's smelling awesome. Can't wait, thank you very much! I just got a few of the extracts in yesterday, haven't had a chance to mix them yet. I'm going to start at .5% on each and go from there. I can always add more if it's too weak, but I can't take it away. Another mixer that regularly used MF extracts said sometimes .3% is enough, each flavor is different. He recommended starting at .5-1%.

I also got in a few more VG flavors to try, including that Rocky Road. I don't like Rocky Road, but it's my hubby's fav. The lemon meringue pie smells amazing as well, and the brownie batter made me want to lick the bowl. I hope they taste as good as they smell :) Rice Crispy treat smelled very very mild, so not getting my hopes up on that one. Going to try to at least get some mixers made and started steeping later today.

Your reviews are great, keep them coming. Thank you for all your time and hard work :)

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just got the Butter Toffee in a few weeks ago. I'm on 3 weeks of the steep right now, it's smelling awesome. Can't wait, thank you very much! I just got a few of the extracts in yesterday, haven't had a chance to mix them yet. I'm going to start at .5% on each and go from there. I can always add more if it's too weak, but I can't take it away. Another mixer that regularly used MF extracts said sometimes .3% is enough, each flavor is different. He recommended starting at .5-1%.

I also got in a few more VG flavors to try, including that Rocky Road. I don't like Rocky Road, but it's my hubby's fav. The lemon meringue pie smells amazing as well, and the brownie batter made me want to lick the bowl. I hope they taste as good as they smell :) Rice Crispy treat smelled very very mild, so not getting my hopes up on that one. Going to try to at least get some mixers made and started steeping later today.

Your reviews are great, keep them coming. Thank you for all your time and hard work :)

Thank you very much. And brownie batter? Omg that sounds amazing. I have a few extracts in my cart so I'm going to go ahead and place the order. And for sure add brownie batter.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you very much. And brownie batter? Omg that sounds amazing. I have a few extracts in my cart so I'm going to go ahead and place the order. And for sure add brownie batter.
The funnel cake smells really good too. Going to have to mix it. I haven't had a chance to get and try CAPs yet, reviews are promising though :)

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The funnel cake smells really good too. Going to have to mix it. I haven't had a chance to get and try CAPs yet, reviews are promising though :)

Yea I have funnel cake. A little doughy but it's a good start for a funnel cake. Where did you pick up brownie batter?

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I misread your post. I have cap funnel cake. It's a little doughy but it hasn't steeped yet. It reminds me of OOO churro

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I misread your post. I have cap funnel cake. It's a little doughy but it hasn't steeped yet. It reminds me of OOO churro
Yes, I don't have CAPs yet. I'm going to try RF first. I haven't tried any OOO. The Brownie Batter I got from Walt, he was very nice and included it with my last order. It should show up in the next couple of weeks.

Crago44

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, I don't have CAPs yet. I'm going to try RF first. I haven't tried any OOO. The Brownie Batter I got from Walt, he was very nice and included it with my last order. It should show up in the next couple of weeks.

Ah I see I gotcha. I think I might try their funnel cake since most of their other flavors are really authentic.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone ever used any flavorings from Real Flavors out of Troy, Michigan?
They're supposed to be all VG-based (palm rather than soy).

They have a decent deal if you buy directly from them, 25% off but the smallest bottle they carry is 2oz. You can find the deal here: https://www.realflavors.com/pages/welcome-elr-friends

I am going to try a all VG recipe using there flavors and VG nic out of curiosity, I will let you know how it turns out.

19 min without traffic

I wonder if they sell out of their headquarters and give the 25% discount? Guess I will have to email them and ask.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
19 min without traffic

I wonder if they sell out of their headquarters and give the 25% discount? Guess I will have to email them and ask.
FYI for anyone local:

Yes, we do sell to local customers. If you received this coupon then you can use it. Your purchase has to be over $100.00.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might be able to find this info on the site, but just thought I'd ask: what about diketones in RF's flavors? Do they completely leave them out, or do they note which flavors contain them? I don't use much VG in my mixes, but if the flavoring is VG-based, I guess I'd just add less actual VG to the mix; my main concern is with diketones.

Andria
Most of the vg flavors have testing results right on the page and all that I have seen are DK free.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry if someone has covered this. did not read the entire thread yet.
Fresh03 says that some heat steeping is required for the Real/Northwest flavorings.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry if someone has covered this. did not read the entire thread yet.
Fresh03 says that some heat steeping is required for the Real/Northwest flavorings.

This puts me off in itself. I dont get the vg idea personally, sure there is a reason to it. Personally I have found the ones I have tried very hit and miss, all weak and the steeping time is plain daft. Anyway my thoughts:

Cookies and Cream: By far the best of the ones I have tried. If you were to lick the outside of an Oreo biscuit (strange analogy I know) then this is pretty damn accurate, one of if not the best biscuit flavours I have tried. I do have the chocolate chip cookies in some recipes just waiting the eternity steep time to test!

Bread Pudding: This is very good though very mild. In the Uk a bread pudding is a sticky and stodgy flavour, to me this is a warm baked bread with a lot of warm nice cinnamon. Good but over hyped from stuff I have read on forums.

Cheesecake: Very very mild. Standalone @ 12% I gave this 3 weeks and the flavour is barely there. I am trying this is some cannoli recipes as it could be good for the ricotta type flavour without being so strong as a nonna cake or ny cheesecake, but as a single concentrate I am very dissapointed....and though I got sick of it in vendors juices so never bought it, has convinced me I need to buy Caps NY cheesecake!

Key Lime Pie: Very poor for me. Again 12% 3 weeks and I can hardly taste a lime which is crazy, hardly taste a pie, just a slightly sweeter version of the cheesecake, one of the weakest concentrates I have ever had, piss poor.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This puts me off in itself. I dont get the vg idea personally, sure there is a reason to it. Personally I have found the ones I have tried very hit and miss, all weak and the steeping time is plain daft. Anyway my thoughts:

Cookies and Cream: By far the best of the ones I have tried. If you were to lick the outside of an Oreo biscuit (strange analogy I know) then this is pretty damn accurate, one of if not the best biscuit flavours I have tried. I do have the chocolate chip cookies in some recipes just waiting the eternity steep time to test!

Bread Pudding: This is very good though very mild. In the Uk a bread pudding is a sticky and stodgy flavour, to me this is a warm baked bread with a lot of warm nice cinnamon. Good but over hyped from stuff I have read on forums.

Cheesecake: Very very mild. Standalone @ 12% I gave this 3 weeks and the flavour is barely there. I am trying this is some cannoli recipes as it could be good for the ricotta type flavour without being so strong as a nonna cake or ny cheesecake, but as a single concentrate I am very dissapointed....and though I got sick of it in vendors juices so never bought it, has convinced me I need to buy Caps NY cheesecake!

Key Lime Pie: Very poor for me. Again 12% 3 weeks and I can hardly taste a lime which is crazy, hardly taste a pie, just a slightly sweeter version of the cheesecake, one of the weakest concentrates I have ever had, piss poor.
They have also released their Raw Extracts, used liked MF, in the .5-3% range. If there is a flavor you like but want stronger, still testing, so not sure about the steep time. I know it's shorter than the VG though.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They have also released their Raw Extracts, used liked MF, in the .5-3% range. If there is a flavor you like but want stronger, still testing, so not sure about the steep time. I know it's shorter than the VG though.

Well that is fair enough.....but Im in the UK so not available. Is that going from on extreme to the other though? Just release normal concentrates in pg like everybody else god damn it. I am all for innovation, but to me this is the diy juice making equivalent of buying a dodgy clone when people would say to me "you just need to get a replacement spring or file down the mechanised perambulator" or such twaddle....no i want an easy product to use that is ready to use straight away, if all of these concentrates were amazing I would probably be more inclined, for me in the UK though they are expensive considering the percentages needed in a recipe not even standalone, take an eternity to steep and very hit and miss in vg concentrate form as they are so so weak and having to steep something for a month an dstill getting nothing from it....Im too inpatient and easily frustrated to piss about with that on any other new flavours after trying the choc chip cookie tbh. Will buy the cookies n cream again I expect, that is it for me though, shame and prob my loss but hey

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The raw extract line is now up on walmarts site.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query="Real Flavors"&cat_id=0&facet=brand:Real Flavors

Anyone try the Graham Cracker or Brown Sugar? So far all I am going to buy is there Strawberry and the Cream, there both real good. They only have the Vanilla Custard up as a 4oz bottle, haven't put up the 1oz bottle :xD:

The Cookies and Cream seems like something to get as well, don't want to go crazy though, still talking $8 a bottle but at least the shipping is free.

Anything else any of you would recommend from the raw extracts line?

Last edited:

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The raw extract line is now up on walmarts site, Walt said he was going to be doubling up on all orders over the weekend, buy a 1oz bottle get 2oz.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query="Real Flavors"&cat_id=0&facet=brand:Real Flavors

Anyone try the Graham Cracker or Brown Sugar? So far all I am going to buy is there Strawberry and the Cream, there both real good. They only have the Vanilla Custard up as a 4oz bottle, haven't put up the 1oz bottle :xD:

The Cookies and Cream seems like something to get as well, don't want to go crazy though, still talking $8 a bottle but at least the shipping is free.

Anything else any of you would recommend from the raw extracts line?
Oh shit ! Walmart has Tomato Flavoring. That would be my wife's adv ! Running downstairs now Lol

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The raw extract line is now up on walmarts site, Walt said he was going to be doubling up on all orders over the weekend, buy a 1oz bottle get 2oz........

Where exactly did he say this? For everyone/anyone that orders? Do we need a promo code?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He said it at e-liquidrecipes forum. Now that i think of it though he did not say if it was only for the forum members there. I am going to edit my post just in case.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He said it at e-liquidrecipes forum. Now that i think of it though he did not say if it was only for the forum members there. I am going to edit my post just in case.

It is for all web orders at walmart, they just double it up when they ship it direct from the RF office from what I read. I am waiting to see if a couple other flavors I want populate on that link at walmart. Of course this happens a few hours after I placed an $80 order of flavorings at BCF

Carolyn Z

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks guys.
I haven't made up my mind yet as to whether I will give them a try. I had heard of Northwest, but did not know they were just relabeled RF.
I like thicker juices & thought that this may be the way, but I also need more flavor than some others, as well.
I look forward to hearing more about this brand.
Northwestern is a flavoring company http://www.northwesternextract.com/ maybe ECX shortened the name??? Blueberry-acai-pomegranet, cream, and strawberry are good. Too me there's nothing artifical about their strawberry. I just started playing around with them. I started a 10% and then added 1%...1 more...and one more oh what the heck 1 more. I'm nutz. And impatient. Threw in crockpot for 4 hr at 150. Wow. Starting over or diluting. LOL
I think thay are really going to serve me well when I have more eperience with them HAGO

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Northwestern is a flavoring company http://www.northwesternextract.com/ maybe ECX shortened the name??? Blueberry-acai-pomegranet, cream, and strawberry are good. Too me there's nothing artifical about their strawberry. I just started playing around with them. I started a 10% and then added 1%...1 more...and one more oh what the heck 1 more. I'm nutz. And impatient. Threw in crockpot for 4 hr at 150. Wow. Starting over or diluting. LOL
I think thay are really going to serve me well when I have more eperience with them HAGO
Northwest at ECX is actually Real Flavors rebottled and rebranded. Just like their Signature line is really TFA. I don't know why companies do that, it makes it complicated :(

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up a 20ml tester of samoa cookie (only got 15ml bottle of this in VG) today, Smelled pretty good. I got a 30ml bottle of the Banana Bread in VG also but haven't mixed a tester of it yet. Hopefully will get to that and some of my other non-RF new flavors tomorrow or this weekend. I also have tons of flavors in my cart on the RF site I want to try some day but I need to use up some of my non-RF flavors first to make room in my flavoring tray,

Vaping some of the pumpkin pie extract @ 2% in my aromamizer @ 0.18ohms/60w and baklava extract at 2% in my cubis pro with the 0.5 ohm coil in TC mode. I have been pleased with all of my RF testers as single flavor vapes so far.

Jimmy1life

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered a power wheel for my son from Walmart they doubled that up too ah man that was a good day the guy that delievered it said well there is 2 reciepts its yours.

Been using realflavors for little over a year started mixing like everyone else on here I found I mix at 20% all flavors all VG no sweeteners. I can make 600ml for every 4oz flavor. I also put my jar in hot water for 3-5min then shake in a paint shaker and leave lid off the jar for 2-3 days and shake once a day then leave alone for 2 weeks turns out great Everytime and tastes like the flavor suppose to.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, finally had a chance to try some of my recent flavors, still got a few waiting on the full 4 week steep. Has anyone else been mixing different flavors or tried any of the raw extracts yet. These are my thoughts on the most recent flavors I have tried. Some are VG and some are the extracts, which is why the big difference in percentages used. Please remember taste is subjective, something I like you may not, or vice versa.
:hamster:

Lemon Meringue VG

Tested @15% with a 4 week steep. This is a very well balanced smooth and sweet lemon. The lemon to meringue ratio is good, without any egg taste. The lemon is very smooth, creamy and vibrant, however it doesn't have that tart twang that is inherent to a good lemon meringue pie. It reminds me of Jello brand lemon meringue pudding, like it has some type of cream. Which is very good and refreshing. I like it at 15% as a SF if you are looking for an easy instant pudding, and it has little to no harshness to the throat, which is unusual for lemon. I think with some TFA Graham Cracker Clear or Pie Crust and .25-.5% FA Cold Pressed Lime to give it that zippy tartness, this will make a very good pie. Or LA Tart & Sour, or whatever you use for sour .

Funnel Cake Extract:

Mixed at 1.7% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of 1.05 g/ml

At a 3 day steep: This one is not quite as strong as the other extracts I have tried so far. Still not weak, just a very delicate flavor, and it's obvious with the sniff test, so I started this one a bit higher than the others. I got a very very sweet pile of powdered sugar with a hint of greasiness overlaying a slight play doh. Not really much dough or cake yet. Definitely needs a longer steep time on this one.

Let me say that I am one of the unlucky ones that can only taste Play Doh with CAPs Doughnut as well, so if you don't you won't taste that in here either.

At a 1 week steep: This has strengthened and developed a deeper flavor. It's still very light, and I am now getting a very small hint of play doh every 3rd or 4th hit instead of every one. Except extremely sweet. I am now tasting a weak amount of greasy dough that is drowned in powder sugar. For me, the sweetness is so much more pronounced than the dough, it's not balanced at all. I don't get that light fluffy fried dough from it. I can almost taste it though. Hard to tell with this one. I am going to taste this again at 4 weeks to see if the sugar settles and the dough comes out. I am also going to mix another one at 2.5% and see if a little bit stronger blend will bring the dough more forward without being too sweet. And no, this doesn't taste of cinnamon. If you are looking for cinnamon, I would recommend a churro flavoring. This dough so far will not stand up against adding cinnamon. So still undecided on this flavor, further testing required.

At the 4 week steep, the occasional hint of play doh has completely disappeared, as well as the greasy flavor. It does taste like a very authentic funnel cake, including the powdered sugar flavor. The overwhelming sugar has calmed down, and although still very sweet, it's more balanced with the cake now. It is a very light flavor though. At least at this percentage. My concern is that the delicate flavor of the dough would disappear if mixed with any other flavors. However, the higher percentage of 2.5% may strengthen this a lot. I will update this with the stronger tests. If you are looking for just a funnel cake, this at a higher percentage would be great. Might also be good in lower percentages .5-1.5) for adding a powdered sugar flavor to bakery recipes as that is quite prominent.

Rice Crispy Treat VG:

Tested at 15% with a 4 week steep. Apparently this is another one of those flavors I am adding to the list of sensitive flavors for me like Cap Cake Batter and Glazed Doughnut and FA Joy, etc. I am not going to give this a star rating due to that. All I get from it is an offensive grainy almost rice krispie taste with a background of sweetness. I can't taste past that to detect any butter or actual marshmallow flavor. It's the same grainy grossness I get with FW Rice Crispy. However, I think that's my sensitivity and therefore it's not fair for me to judge this flavor. I had my husband taste it to see what he gets, and he actually likes it and says it's quite good. He said it tastes like a crispy treat to him, and he can taste the marshmallow and butter from it. I gave him the rest of the tester.

Brownie Batter Extract:

Mixed at 1.5% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of .96 g/ml

At a 3 day steep: OMG. This is a very good strength at 1.5% at 3 days. If the flavor strengthens with a longer steep, I might have to reduce it to 1%, but it's great at 3 days. I made the mistake of mixing the first batch of this with sweetener, thinking of those “other” chocolates I had tried. It was sickening, had to dump and remake. I recommend trying without sweetener first, then start small if you want more sweetness. Tastes and smells exactly like the name. Imagine you have just stirred that mix with 50 spoon strokes, then scraped the batter into the pan. Then you use your finger to clean the bowl of that delicious, rich, gooey, chocolaty goodness. And it's not that weak chocolate brownie mix, oh noooo. This is the deluxe Fudge Brownie Mix batter. So this and rich you can practically feel it coating your tongue mmmmmmmm. Oh, ummmm, where was I at?

Oh yes, it really is that good. Just buy it. Sweet, fudgy, chocolaty, uncooked brownie batter. Nice thick mouth feel even at 3 days. I can honestly say this is the first chocolate flavor I have found that I like. My only caveat would be that this is so realistic and rich that I can't ADV it. Gets sickening after a while, just like if you have really eaten too much batter. It's been great for around 3 hours at a time, or whenever I get a sweet tooth. And with coffee, definitely with coffee. I will update at the 4 week steep.

At a 4 week steep, this has weakened and had flavor loss similar to what lemon does. I still get the brownie flavor, but it's not as strong and has lost that fudgy rich flavor and the thick mouth feel is completely gone. I am going to skip this right up to 3%, which means it will be way too strong before steeping. But testing to see if it can hold on to more flavor with a steep. Otherwise, this would make an incredible S&V after 24 hours. I wouldn't make more than a week's worth or so at a time, so as to not lose that realistic fudgy richness that makes this flavor so good during the first week.

At a 3-7 day steep I would rate this 5 stars as it's perfect, and this will probably be one I keep as a S&V. At a 4 week steep I would give it 3, unless the stronger percentage helps hold the flavor. It still tastes good and like brownie batter, but a weaker version compared to how gooey and intense it is in that

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Continued...

Premium French Vanilla Extract:

Mixed at 1% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of 1.19 g/ml

I mostly covered this in a short chat on the forums, so mostly copied and pasted from that conversation with others as I think it mostly covers it?

At a 3 day steep: FV is like a gourmet french vanilla with that thick rich mouth feel even after only a 3 day steep, really curious what a 4 week steep will taste like. It actually tastes like a true FV Custard, rich with the egg yolk but no eggy taste, and the creamy mouth feel rivals CAP V1 for me. I am a huge custard person and CAP V1 has always been my favorite. This has overtaken it and is now number 1 for me. It has that caramelized vanilla flavor, so it won't be a sub in recipes that just need that plain vanilla creaminess. I would compare it to a super creamy, thick rich home churned FV ice cream.

It's not that true classic "custard" taste. Most custards are known for that rich egg based and flavored thick vanilla cream. This is more of a an ice cream base french vanilla. I compare it to CAP to compare that creamy mouth feel. Almost like when you eat a bite of pudding or drink buttermilk. You can almost feel that cream type film on your tongue. If I tasted this blind without knowing the name Premium French Vanilla, I would say it is a french vanilla ice cream with the creamy mouth feel and density of a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. Or a french vanilla custard. It could be very versatile. I believe this is an excellent SF, and will make an excellent accent as well. I will update at 4 weeks to see how this strengthens/changes with a steep.

At a 4 week steep this is still blowing my socks off. This has mellowed slightly with a steep. Until I tried it at 4 weeks, I didn't realize it had a very slight sharpness/harshness to it at the 3 day test. I thought it was part of the caramelization in the flavoring. Now it has smoothed out noticeably. I loved it at the 3 day mark as well though, it's so slight I didn't notice until I had a longer steep to compare (maybe a bit of alcohol in the flavoring?) I will go on record as saying this has moved into the number 1 slot for custards for me. I still love CAP V1 for a classic vanilla custard. But if you are looking for a rich french custard or ice cream this is the "one".

Cream Raw Extract: Tested at 1% on the Vengeance .2 coil at 35W.

At a 3 day steep: a light sweet cream at this point. Flavor is slightly sweet, not overwhelming or heavy. A basic cream, this has a little bit of a thick creamy mouth feel. I was hoping for a whipped cream flavor, hoping this develops into one with either a longer steep or higher percentage. Or both :wink:

So far a light flavor, but waiting for a tradition steep time for creams before final decision. Based on the first taste test, I'm thinking this will be better at a 1.5-2% range. I will retest at 4 week and decide then.

Yumberry Raw Extract:

Tested at 1% on the Vengeance .2 coil at 35W.

At a 3 day steep: a lovely bright sweet berry. This is my first experience with yumberry, and I'm not sure what the real thing tastes like. The flavor is similar to boysenberry to me, which has been until now my favorite. That type of bright refreshing sweet berry without any perfume or tart flavor. Seems to be a good percentage of flavor. I am going to mix another tester at 1.5% to see if I can push it a little stronger without adding perfume, just to see how well it will stand up in heavier bakery flavors.

Time will tell if this stays the same strength or deepens a little with a steep. Already planning Yumberries & Cream, Yumberry Danish, Yumberry Cobbler, Yumberry Ice Cream, Waffles with Yumberries, PB & Yumberry Jam Sandwich.

Marshmallow Raw Extract:

Tested at 1% in a Troll on a .5 fused clapton at 26W.

At a 3 day steep: this is so far a very sweet generic flavor. It seems delicate, has a body to the mouth feel but not a creaminess. Getting a strange, slight chemical back note. Not getting marshmallow from it at all.

Based on these early results, I think this flavor needs a little higher percentage as it's so delicate. I would guess 2% maybe? That will be my next tester percentage, as well as retasting the 1% at 4 weeks to see if the flavor develops more with time.

Cola Raw Extract:

Mixed at 1.5% SF 30/70 PG/VG using SG of 1.05 g/ml

Warning on this one. It separates extremely fast. Shake well and shake often and right before measuring. Even when trying to pull 1 ml up in a syringe to weigh it for gravity, I had to cap and shake again between every syringe full. Even though there was less than a minute in between drawing each syringe. It would weigh at 1.04g, then .79g. Then I'd shake and it would go back up to 1.05. Many times. When trying to weigh for gravity, I usually draw three 1ml syringes and use the number that comes up most, usually 2 of 3 times. This one I had to weight like 8 times and shake between each one before I got the same number a few times, so please go by your own SG on this one. And shake immediately before using. Also when putting it into the pg and vg in the flask, the flavoring stayed suspended in little black bubbles by themselves, they didn't dissolve. I was worried that it would keep separating after mixing. No worries, it blended fine with the frother, and seemed to stay blended after mixing. And it's very black. Like blended with the black rubber in the syringes so made it hard to see black. However, it didn't stain the syringes like I thought it would, but with longer exposure it might. I'm also not sure if that will affect how quickly your coils gunk either.

At a 3 day steep: This is a very good strength at 1% at 3 days. It's nice and sweet. And I absolutely hate it! Which is good for you, as I hate Coke. I have been a Diet Pepsi person my entire life. I can't even drink regular soda as to me it tastes like pure sugar. This tastes exactly like regular Coke. Not Pepsi, and we all know there is a difference. It is not effervescent, as that means fizzy and bubbly. And obviously it can't be that as it contains no carbonation. However, it doesn't have that overly sweet flat taste either. So it tastes like the real thing, just without the tingles. My husband loves it. He likes Coke. He wants me to make him a bottle of rum and coke, and vanilla coke, and cherry coke, and maybe lime coke. And he says maybe cherry vanilla coke. Which I will happily do as long as I don't have to vape it. I will not be updating this at a 4 week steep, blech. I will leave that to the other testers that actually like coke and let them talk about how a longer steep changes the strength/flavor.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Continued...

Dreamsicle VG:

Mixed at 15% SF 30/70 PG/VG

At a 3 week steep: This has a delicious cream base to it that is dominant, creamy without a noticeable thick mouth feel. In the back I can taste just light hints of bright fruit. Moderately sweet with a hint of vanilla, this is a very decent cream flavor. I think this would mix great with anything fruity, and the background fruity notes might compliment or enhance other fruits? I am hoping it will strengthen with a longer steep.

At a 6 week steep: This becomes much creamier with steeping. It has developed to become a very nice cream with a creamy mouth feel that wasn't present at the earlier steep. The fruits have developed slightly but not much. I get a very light taste of orange and pineapple, but it was so light I couldn't recognize it without looking up the description for the flavor. Just an overall generic tasting brighter fruit at this percentage. I actually like it, it's pleasant, but not quite strong enough for a SF. I am going to mix this at 20% and see if the flavor gets deeper, as it does taste good as is, just way too under flavored. However, I don't usually mix anything that high, so this is a weaker flavor overall. It's great at 15% if going for a cream, but not if you want the fruit and cream. I would start this at 4-8% as an accent flavor. At this point I'm going to say 20% single flavor?

Butter Toffee VG:

Mixed at 15% SF 30/70 PG/VG

At a 4 week steep: Just a slight taste and feel of buttery caramel, moderately sweet. I'm actually very disappointed with this one, I was expecting more. I'm not even getting a toffee flavor really, just weak butter richness with maybe a slightly caramel sweetness. At this point I'm not sure what if anything it will be good with. I would say to add some butter flavor maybe, but I think it would take a higher percentage than reasonable to achieve a buttery effect. Will see if it strengthens with a longer steep.

At a 6 week steep: This hasn't changed much since the last test. I am going to mix this at 20% and see if the flavor gets stronger. If not, I don't really see much of a use for this really. The percentage would have to be too high to use as an accent, or even to really get flavor from this one beyond a generic weak creaminess sweetened with a bit of rich caramel.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Excellent write up as usual @MysticRose

I am a big fan of the Raw Extracts, the only one I have not had much luck with is the Butterscotch Pudding, going to have to try a few other things before giving up on that one. The Strawberry is fricking delicious, mixed with either the raw extract Cream, Vanilla Custard or Condensed Milk makes for a real easy and quick vape, almost shake n vape but they do improve with time. The Baklava raw extract is pretty authentic tasting but definitely needs some sweetener and maybe some other goodies to spruce it up.

I am hoping all the RF come out in the Raw Extract, after trying them that way I am not planning on ordering the VG versions anymore.

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Excellent write up as usual @MysticRose

I am a big fan of the Raw Extracts, the only one I have not had much luck with is the Butterscotch Pudding, going to have to try a few other things before giving up on that one. The Strawberry is fricking delicious, mixed with either the raw extract Cream, Vanilla Custard or Condensed Milk makes for a real easy and quick vape, almost shake n vape but they do improve with time. The Baklava raw extract is pretty authentic tasting but definitely needs some sweetener and maybe some other goodies to spruce it up.

I am hoping all the RF come out in the Raw Extract, after trying them that way I am not planning on ordering the VG versions anymore.

I hope they do too, the extracts are fantastic strength and reduced steeping. I only have the Butterscotch Pudding VG, what is going on with the extract?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope they do too, the extracts are fantastic strength and reduced steeping. I only have the Butterscotch Pudding VG, what is going on with the extract?

The butterscotch pudding extract is just sort of blah, not getting much butterscotch or pudding for that matter. I started it off low at 1% but after a few days steeping got very little flavor, bumped it up to 2% and it was a little better but a little harsh as well. I just tried it after a month steeping and about the same, there is flavor, just not that good. Maybe I am spoiled by FW Natural Butterscotch, that is really tasty, so much more so than the RF BP. I really get the feeling that bumping up the % is not going to improve this one, I am getting flavor already at 2%, I just am not digging it.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The butterscotch pudding extract is just sort of blah, not getting much butterscotch or pudding for that matter. I started it off low at 1% but after a few days steeping got very little flavor, bumped it up to 2% and it was a little better but a little harsh as well. I just tried it after a month steeping and about the same, there is flavor, just not that good. Maybe I am spoiled by FW Natural Butterscotch, that is really tasty, so much more so than the RF BP. I really get the feeling that bumping up the % is not going to improve this one, I am getting flavor already at 2%, I just am not digging it.
FLV Butterscotch knocks my socks off ! :D

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bro, I have maybe 6 different Inawera flavors left. I'm slacking here :giggle:
That reminds me. Going to have to place an order from Poland for more Shisha Vanilla soon, any other vanilla I should try first? I use the shisha vanilla a lot, love the stuff.

Carolyn Z

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I haven't used real flavor raw extracts. I have just started using the VG flavorings. How would you describe the difference in taste between a VG flavor like strawberry and the extract version? Does it POP more? This is a loaded question, and I'm just looking for a clue or opinion. Recently I've mixed some Capella blueberry-pomegranate 7% in my effort to clone Bad Drip's bad blood. The blueberry wasn't right so I added 1% blueberry candy. Closer but not quite. Then I added .5% (2 drops) of blueberry(SC VZ) (alcohol based) to my 10 ml mix. Man, this is really close. Those two drops really made the blueberry come live. Totally vibrant taste. Is this kinda like real flavors raw extracts? Any help appreciated before I go and order. I already have a s..t load of VG flavors. and would like to use them up. Can't afford to waste them. Do I even make sense. LOL

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That reminds me. Going to have to place an order from Poland for more Shisha Vanilla soon, any other vanilla I should try first? I use the shisha vanilla a lot, love the stuff.

Isn't it less expensive to buy it domestically than pay for shipping?

MysticRose

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't used real flavor raw extracts. I have just started using the VG flavorings. How would you describe the difference in taste between a VG flavor like strawberry and the extract version? Does it POP more? This is a loaded question, and I'm just looking for a clue or opinion. Recently I've mixed some Capella blueberry-pomegranate 7% in my effort to clone Bad Drip's bad blood. The blueberry wasn't right so I added 1% blueberry candy. Closer but not quite. Then I added .5% (2 drops) of blueberry(SC VZ) (alcohol based) to my 10 ml mix. Man, this is really close. Those two drops really made the blueberry come live. Totally vibrant taste. Is this kinda like real flavors raw extracts? Any help appreciated before I go and order. I already have a s..t load of VG flavors. and would like to use them up. Can't afford to waste them. Do I even make sense. LOL
The flavors are the same as the VG versions, just super concentrated and you don't have to steep them as long. I've only tried 6-7 so far, but out of those there is only 1 I would even use at more than 1.5% for single flavor. Much lower in blends. I'm going to use my VG versions I already have up before buying more. But I will be getting the extracts with anything new I order.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Isn't it less expensive to buy it domestically than pay for shipping?
Not really, e-aromashop.com is were most of us order original bottle inawera and shipping is like $5. All in all the prices come out about the same unless your buying 4oz flavorings then ordering from poland can be cheaper.

I always prefer ordering in original bottles than getting rebottled flavors. I usually only order rebottled when i just want to sample before commiting to a bigger bottle.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know if the alcohol evaporates quickly when steeping the raw extracts? I have AI liver disease and have to be careful of alcohol usage (never was a drinker). There is one flavor I'm dying to try...the baklava. They don't offer it in a vg version.
I will be back later tonight. Thanks in advance for any clues or suggestions. :)

VU Sponsors