Become a Patron!

ReadyXWick wont keep up at higher wattages...

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
2mm readyxwick
2mm ID micro coils 1.2 ohm total resistance (dual coils)
magma rda largest air holes
i take 5 sec lung inhales
50/50 65/35 pg/vg ratio
@20 to 25 watts magnificent wicking, flavor and vapor
@27.5 to 35 watts wicking cant keep up after about the 4 sec mark
@38 to 44 watts 2 sec pulls before massive dry hit finish
above 44 watts...forget about it...pure nasty

i love the wick, dont get me wrong
do i need to wrap coils with a 1/16" mandril vs 2mm
should i double up on the wick and wrap on 2 mandrils
should i step up to 3mm readyxwick and coil on 7/64" instead of 3mm
should i use standard spaced coils or modify the micro coil
does the ceramic wick have trouble, regardless, above say 40 watts

any insight and recommendations appreciated

did i leave any information out you may need to diagnose

thanks in advance

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it's not the wickiest wick in the world. If you're rolling that heavy, i can see that being a problem. I'm no expert, but my advice would be to use the fattest wick and roll that coil just a little on the loose side. I cram a fat paper clip down mine so that a snug wrap is just a little less chokey when i pull out the paper clip.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, that's how I did it when I used that wick. I also used the 3mm wick and didn't have any problems in my magma at 0.6 on a mech mod.
I also build horizontal coils so it wicks from both ends.

Been using cellucotton for a while now, nothing wicks better. If you want to send me a self addressed envelope I will mail a few feet to you to try. I have enough for a couple generations of fq06's offspring :) PM me if you want.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yep, that's how I did it when I used that wick. I also used the 3mm wick and didn't have any problems in my magma at 0.6 on a mech mod.
I also build horizontal coils so it wicks from both ends.

Been using cellucotton for a while now, nothing wicks better. If you want to send me a self addressed envelope I will mail a few feet to you to try. I have enough for a couple generations of fq06's offspring :) PM me if you want.
thanks for the offer, but after thinking the thread was dead, i went with 3mm xwick on the rda's and went with 2 strands of 2mm xwick in the russian 91...
dropped to 1/16 mandrils for the 2mm and 7/64 for the 3mm...all is good now...
jeremy... i vape my russian @15 to 17.5 watts on a 1.2 ish coil...
the high wattage devices allow you to try these heats levels at above 1 ohm on rda's using high voltage and going sub ohm you use high current levels...
wanted to see what it was like...44.5 watts was hot,very hot, to me...absolutely love most of my eliquids @20 to 30 watts on the magma...
single coil, 1.2 ohms, plenty of warmth, and a ton of flavor, also can use aw imr batts...life is good!!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors