Become a Patron!

Ready to Institutionalize myself!!!!!!

Hopefully someone can help me fix this problem before I seriously go crazy!!! I have an OLD Eleaf Istick Power 80W box mod. It has worked fine, without ANY issues at all for about 3-4 years now. It was working just fine unill all of a sudden it started to run continuously for about 10 seconds, even without my thumb on the fire button. I know what you are thinking, that I should just break down and buy a new mod, but I am on the last months of quitting vaping. I started as a means to quit smoking and I did, but now I have the nicotine monkey on my back via vapor. I'm almost to a zero nicotine and should be ready to give it up within the next 2-4 months, so I do not want to buy a new mod.
Anyways, all of a sudden it started to run and burn out coil after coil. Today I've gone through 4 so far!!! I wear headphones most of my day because I am on the computer for the most part and can't hear it running., so seeing the seconds when it is running lets me know it is indeed running. The only way I have been able to stop it from running like that is to turn off the display (stealth mode?) but who knows if this will last?? How can I have the display visable and not have it running continuously like that. I have found zero help online. ANY suggestions or better yet a solution would be so appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well the timing sure sucks, huh? I had a mod that auto-fired, I didn't feel safe with it anymore. Better safe than sorry.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Juice on the switch. Best to dismantle and see if you can clean it out. That's about the only option I see. Or just grab a real cheapo on sale somewhere for your last couple months vaping. And congrats on the quitting

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’d give it an isopropyl bath, literally.

Remove the battery, dump isopropyl in a small bin, drop the mod in and swish about.

Let fully dry, which doesn’t take long being isopropyl.

And enjoy.

I’ve revived a pair of ileaf pico squeezes doing this

Good luck and welcome to VU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can also try this without disassembly on the switch.

673ddb7e-de6d-49d2-82ae-237d795d78ff_1.0627824718334cbb20fb2ac657ef63ed.jpeg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This mod has a built-in battery, no? I'm not sure what I'd do with a built-in battery unit if it started to auto-fire. I know I'd feel like I needed to get it out of my house!

What in the world do you do? The board probably is contaminated with e-liquid, but beyond that, the thing is dangerous if it's auto-firing and you can't pull the battery out of it pretty quickly.

As cheap as kits can be found these days, heck you could get one for not much more than $20. No need to take risks for that kind of money, in my mind. Again, I'd get that thing out of my house.

Thanks for the replies everyone!! I don't think I am explaining the situation correctly.
What is happening is this... I will press the fire button and it will fire for as long as I press the button. I am one of those people who will take 2-3-4 continuous "puffs' in a row, so I will hit that fire button 3-4 times in succession within about 10-20-30 seconds. The first 1-2 times of pressing the fire button, it works fine. Then all of a sudden it will run for 10 seconds straight, on the next press of the button and will show on the screen, the seconds counting up to to 10, then it will stop running once it gets to 10. The only way I have been able to stop it is to hit the fire button 2 times fast. The problem for me is that I have headphones on and cannot hear it running and my eyes are on the computer screen so I don't see the countdown/or countup to 10, so I am burning out coil after coil. So, you see, it's not like it is misfiring. or auto-firing, it is more like it is somehow programed to fire for a certain time frame, in this case 10 seconds. I think that this explanation of the issue will make more sense to everyone. The device itself has zero issues besides this. I just do not want to spend one more dollar on something that I know I will be done with as soon as my current supply of juice is finished, which should take about 2 or so months.

This mod has a built-in battery, no? I'm not sure what I'd do with a built-in battery unit if it started to auto-fire. I know I'd feel like I needed to get it out of my house!

What in the world do you do? The board probably is contaminated with e-liquid, but beyond that, the thing is dangerous if it's auto-firing and you can't pull the battery out of it pretty quickly.

As cheap as kits can be found these days, heck you could get one for not much more than $20. No need to take risks for that kind of money, in my mind. Again, I'd get that thing out of my house.
Please read a more detailed explaination of the issue below

Please see a more detailed explanation of the issue below

Please see the more detailed explanation of the issue I just posted

I’d give it an isopropyl bath, literally.

Remove the battery, dump isopropyl in a small bin, drop the mod in and swish about.

Let fully dry, which doesn’t take long being isopropyl.

And enjoy.

I’ve revived a pair of ileaf pico squeezes doing this

Good luck and welcome to VU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please see a more detailed explanation of the issue I just posted

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you're saying you hit the fire button and it continues to fire to 10 seconds. That's because there's probably juice on the button inside. So it's sticking in the fire position. The 10 seconds is a cutoff most times built in from the factory as a safety thing so the mod doesn't run 3 minutes or however long it takes to vent to battery. Sounds like it's the button sticking and firing until the 10 second factory cut off. You will continue to go through coils this way as it is defective. Like Steve mentioned earlier maybe a contact spray would clean it up without disassembly. But then again maybe not. You could get a cheap device for 20 bucks or so. Or go out and buy 30 packs of coils to make it to your quit date. But at 4 burnt coils a day that's only going to last you a week. Logic is buy a new cheaper device. Safer for you and cheaper in the long run. And when you're finished you could sell the new mod you buy here at a used rate. Been vaping for 5 years now and have seen a lot of stuck buttons. I'm pretty sure that's what's going on with yours.

So you're saying you hit the fire button and it continues to fire to 10 seconds. That's because there's probably juice on the button inside. So it's sticking in the fire position. The 10 seconds is a cutoff most times built in from the factory as a safety thing so the mod doesn't run 3 minutes or however long it takes to vent to battery. Sounds like it's the button sticking and firing until the 10 second factory cut off. You will continue to go through coils this way as it is defective. Like Steve mentioned earlier maybe a contact spray would clean it up without disassembly. But then again maybe not. You could get a cheap device for 20 bucks or so. Or go out and buy 30 packs of coils to make it to your quit date. But at 4 burnt coils a day that's only going to last you a week. Logic is buy a new cheaper device. Safer for you and cheaper in the long run. And when you're finished you could sell the new mod you buy here at a used rate. Been vaping for 5 years now and have seen a lot of stuck buttons. I'm pretty sure that's what's going on with yours.
My husband is going to go out to the garage as soon as he can see out there, it's still very dark here in northern Ontario, and grab some of that spray. He has at least 2 of every garage guy thing on the planet out there, so he should have that. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. I appreciate it. I was thinking that I may have inadvertently programed it somehow, by pressing some of the buttons, willy-nilly and it may have been programed to run for that 10 seconds and the only way I could shut it off before the time threshold was to press the fire button twice. Thanks again!!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
if cleaning it doesn't work, look at it this way. how much money have you saved not buying smok's ? probably a lot. so take a little of that and buy a new mod. or change the way you use it, 1 hit at a time. or just quit now.

VU Sponsors