Become a Patron!

re-build ready coil.

I saw many videos on youtube saying that you can re-build you ready coils, also on some forum (idk if it's ok to post their link), saw that i can use normal cotton as wick and not wasting money on those brands for vaping which cost alot more than these normal cotton (pharmacy one).

well, i said why not trying to make it, i made the coil as i saw on the video i wrapped it with the cotton also i saw.

i put it to my base connect it to my mod (I stick pico), and it red it 0.35 ohms, that was great for me someone told me your first time will never get done and it won't read it.

Now i primed it with my liquid, left it for couple if minutes, and it taste shit!
Burnt flavor, maybe burnt something but not my watermelon flavor at all.

What is wrong? is it something i've done?! is it the cotton or what?!

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is there a rubber gromet on that coil, if yes then you probably burnt it. I've done that before. Make sure the lead coming out is just long enough. Any more and you can sort it and any less and you can short it. Either way can get it burnt

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the coil head and what was the ohm PRIOR to installing cotton..... You dont dry burn coil heads with soft insulators they melt. you probably have shorting legs. maybe they twisted when you installed. What wattage are you throwing at it.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you want to rebuild coils, you are better off using an RTA than using a clearomizer and trying to rebuild the factory coil heads.

It's much easier to recoil/rewick an RTA deck than it is to recoil/rewick a factory coil head.

I understand that this does not help you for your current problem, but it's something to think about for the future.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to rebuild coils, you are better off using an RTA than using a clearomizer and trying to rebuild the factory coil heads.

It's much easier to recoil/rewick an RTA deck than it is to recoil/rewick a factory coil head.

I understand that this does not help you for your current problem, but it's something to think about for the future.
AGREE.. but many of us longer time vapers learned to build using coilheads and cross because the RBA didn't exist..... some of us even think it's wise to learn on factory heads. Because this gives you a standard to work toward.
I even think it wise to start on a mech. More risky yes but you learn more about building using a mech than you do using a regulated mod. Regulated mods do give more flexibility in your builds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AGREE.. but many of us longer time vapers learned to build using coilheads and cross because the RBA didn't exist..... some of us even think it's wise to learn on factory heads. Because this gives you a standard to work toward.

But we don't have to do that today. Also, I fail to see how rebuilding a factory coil head provides someone with a standard in a market that's full of RTAs and RBAs. Most factory coil heads I have taken apart are coiled rather sloppy. Not much to learn from there, and frustrating as hell, IMHO.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But we don't have to do that today. Also, I fail to see how rebuilding a factory coil head provides someone with a standard in a market that's full of RTAs and RBAs. Most factory coil heads I have taken apart are coiled rather sloppy. Not much to learn from there, and frustrating as hell, IMHO.
Because RBA don't come with a functional build to copy or improve....

And pretty coils don't vape better than ugly coils.....

And yes factory builds do suck... another reason to put your own build in.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Because RBA don't come with a functional build to copy or improve....
Many actually do. And many of the ones that don't usually come with pre-coiled wires ready for installation.

I highly recommend the subtank mini/toptank mini for new coil builders. That RBA deck couldn't be easier to build on with what I call the "goal post" design. Great for getting the hang of RBAs.

And pretty coils don't vape better than ugly coils.....
In my experience, a sloppy coil and wick job can produce a harsh vape and even cause muted flavor. Depends on a lot of factors, though.

VU Sponsors