Become a Patron!

RDTA Box Mini Review By DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This mod was sent to me directly from Ijoy specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this mod a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.
ba5a98e15c0bfe3c71f71c60b85c65e0.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

This thing looks kind of cool. I like the design and the colors. Feels solid and well built. It’s kind of like an all in one with a mini Limitless Plus on top. Feels really smooth and I’m digging that fire button.

What's In The Box:

In the box you have the mod, a .25 premade pre wicked coil head, RDTA deck, a screwdriver, USB cable, spare o'rings, spare post screws, coils, cotton, user manual, and a warranty card. Basically everything except juice. This is a really complete kit. The only thing you really need to get started is some juice. Charge it up and you are good to go. For the record mine came ¾ charged.
33a157cbea99b47fad208e72ae4fd0b8.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Let's start off with the Mini LP on top of the mod. Like I said before it's just like a mini Limitless Plus. its got a delrin standard 510 drip tip that attaches to a plastic top cap. The top cap controls the side airflow on the sleeve by simply twisting it to the desired setting. The sleeve is typical Ijoy and has a yellow paisley color. The airslot is thin and narrow but it does let a surprising amount of air in. The top cap has a really nice conical design which I am sure contributes to the fantastic flavor this this little guy puts out.

Next to the actual atomizer there is a chrome fill port cap that covers the built in 6ml tank. The fill port cap is nicely threaded and has a rubber gasket to prevent leaking. It is pretty wide and it can accommodate any juice bottle. On the four corners at the top of the mod there are four hex screws. One in each corner. This is to replace the interior 6ml tank should the need ever arise. That was a big con with the original RDTA Box. If you dropped the mod and the tank broke the mod was pretty much useless. I give Ijoy a ton of credit for listening to its customers. I just wish that if they were going to make it replaceable I wish they would have at least made the tank out of glass. Hopefully in the future Ijoy will come up with a glass tank so you can run citrus juices without a problem. The mod itself measures 45mm by 25mm by 100 mm and fires from 5 to 100 watts in power mode.
aa82b68b74748d4912c2c2e48947b270.jpg
53d8944be831cc06b493fb3b282cd9ec.jpg

Another huge plus with the Mini is if you don't want to run their coils or their deck then you can run your own tanks on this mod. According to my contacts at Ijoy there will be more decks available in different configurations as well. Of course the included RBA deck is a velocity styled deck with side mounted post screws. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see a company like Ijoy is actually listen to its customer base. Good on you Ijoy, please keep it up.
0816ca638d670d62fffe084a5e48b922.jpg

Right below the atomizer on the skinny side of the mod there is a sight glass. This is where you can see the juice level of your tank. It is a little on the dark side and I do wish it was lighter. However, the RDTA Box Mini does have an led light built into the tank so if you keep it turned on you will be able to see your juice level in any type of lighting. Right below the sight glass is six holes for battery venting.
0b3f44175bc7d8cd4104b90364270c90.jpg

The screen is a .96” OLED display. Its nice and bright in most lighting conditions but it can be real difficult to see in direct sunlight. The screen is very simple and laid out really well. On the top of the screen you will see your wattage below that will be volts/temperature depending on what mode you are in. below that there is a battery meter, resistance reading, and a puff counter.

All of the buttons are nice and solid with good responsiveness and no button rattle. I really like the fire button. It is comfortable whether you thumb or trigger finger fire it. It’s nice and square as well as easy to find. The +/- buttons are chrome plated and seem to be made out of metal. They are triangular in shape and they are nice and clicky.
634d22acc628410a001ae34103081069.jpg

Right below the +/- buttons is the charge/update port. The RDTA Mini Box has a built in 2600mAh lipo. Battery life is really good and I can get through most of the day with it at 50 watts. Not bad for a 100 watt device. It charges pretty quickly as well. I can go from dead to full in about 90 minutes. The bottom of the mod has no venting.

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

The branding on this mod is elegant and subdued. I love the color scheme and the overall design of the mod. It looks and feels like a high quality mod. There is nothing cheap or cheap feeling about it at all. The build on the the Mini is very solid. I am very impressed with it so far. It feels great in the hand and it has a really smooth texture to it. The carbon fiber on it just looks fantastic.

The Board:

This is Ijoy’s proprietary board and it really vapes pretty well. Power mode is pretty accurate and enjoyable. TC seems to run a little hot for me. Most of you know I am a TC vaper. The Mini seems to ramp up in TC faster than most boards. I find myself running the wattage about 10 watts lower than I normally would in TC mode. Same goes for setting the temperature. I find myself running the temperature 20-30 degrees less than I normally would. For the sake of comparison I am comparing it to an FSK, Yihi, or DNA board. If I were to run the same build on those boards I would be vaping them 10 watts higher and 20-30 degrees higher.

Overall though I am impressed with this board and the power it puts out, I’ll say this, it definitely does TC better than a Smok or Vaporesso board. It's not FSK good but it is better than most second tier TC boards. Hopefully Ijoy will tighten up the TC with an update.

The Menu System:

This is a typical Ijoy board and the menu system is as simple as can be.

* 5 clicks on/off
* 3 clicks gets you into the main menu
* Use the +/- minus button to navigate the menu once you are inside of it
* Press the fire button to make your selection.
* +/- button together to read the resistance
* In TC mode press the up button to adjust the wattage
* In TC mode press the down button to adjust the temperature

Once you are in the main menu you can choose between Power mode, SS, Ni, Ti, M1 and M2. M1 and M2 are the TCR are modes that you can adjust manually. In this menu you can also flip the screen, adjust the preheat, turn the LED on or off, and adjust your screen timeout.

How Does It Vape:

I have to say that I am super impressed by this mod. It’s easy to build and wick. It vapes great in power mode. It does a very respectable job in TC. Right now I am running dual SS Aliens in it. I am ohming out at .17 and I have it set to 50 watts in TC mode at 475F. I get a nice thick, lush, flavorful vape. I cut down the AFC about halfway and I get a very flavorful vape. I can't wait for the single coil deck to come out because that should really increase the flavor and cut down on the juice consumption. In my opinion The RDTA Box Mini gives a great vape.

Conclusion:

This isn't going to be your all day, everyday, vape unless you buy two so you can always have one fully charged. If you are looking for something to use when you are out and about this may be the mod for you. I like it in that situation because of the 6ml capacity. Its also great for people that are just getting into building. It's easy to build, wick, and clean. Even if you don't want to build you can buy the pre wicked pre built coil heads and get a true RDTA experience. It is very pocketable and it does not leak in your pocket. All in all I think this is a great all in one mod. It is definitely DeucesJack approved.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

* Build quality
* Juice capacity
* Looks
* Feel
* Subtle branding
* TC is solid
* Pre wicked pre built coil heads available\
* Replaceable interior tank
* Ability to use your own tanks
* Simple menu system
* Overall size
* Huge fill port
* More decks available
* Upgradeable

Cons:

* Sight glass could be lighter
* Hard to see the screen in direct sunlight
* TC is solid but it needs to be tweaked
* Would love to see a glass tank option

Specs:

* Tank Capacity: 6 ML
* Max Wattage 100W
* Size:100.3*45*25mm
* Built-in Li-Po 2600 mAh battery
* Tank removable
* 510 connector compatible
* Big size filling hole
* NI/TI/SS temperature control
* Unique Custom User Mode
* Resistance Range: 0.05~3.0 ohm
* USB port charging support
* Firmware Upgradeable

***If you found this review helpful please feel free to give it a like and follow me on this forum. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack review please feel free to PM me on this forum. ***

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nice job jack
Quick question can u leave the light on in the sight glass or is it only when firing?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice job jack
Quick question can u leave the light on in the sight glass or is it only when firing?

Thx bro. Only when firing but even if you quick click the firing button the led stays on for like 3 seconds.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thx bro. Only when firing but even if you quick click the firing button the led stays on for like 3 seconds.

-William Cowper
Thats Good they made it stay on longer

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx Para, but somehow I just can't believe you'll be picking up just one. Have you seen all the pretty colors? Lol.

97790b3ace56c1400d5a50b1aab2c2d0.jpg

They even have a teal for SRR. lol.

-William Cowper
I've solidly chosen 5 colors, so there is a possibility I may have to get the other three just to complete the set.

Steampugs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Awesome review man, nice job, I have one of these on the way and I'm kinda intrigued by it, wasn't a huge fan of the older brother I've gotta be honest but after reading your review it sounds promising ;) thanks!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awesome review man, nice job, I have one of these on the way and I'm kinda intrigued by it, wasn't a huge fan of the older brother I've gotta be honest but after reading your review it sounds promising ;) thanks!
Thx bro appreciate it.

As far as swapping the lipo I believe it can be done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
UPDATE:

Well, I've been using the RDTA Box Mini for a few weeks now. I just can't say enough good things about it. Great little setup that has become my main out and about mod. I love the way it vapes so much that I actually ordered 2 more as backups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw a review where the fire button would stick if you hit the right side of the button. Does yours?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So glad I got this thing! Flavor is on point!!!
It is one fine setup.

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

VU Sponsors