Become a Patron!

RDA Setup questions (cherry bomb mod with troll and magnets?)

Hey.

So I started out with your usual pen vape. I got tired of replacing coils every day so I got the egrip for my nic fix. I had that for a couple months and then my mind was like "clouds" but I didn't have any experience with rebuildables so I got the sigeli 50w and the kanger sub ohm. I'm happy with it but now I want more.

The guy at my vape shop showed me a few box mods and the troll RDA. I like the spacious look of the troll RDA so unless someone on here yells no then i'll probably get that. I was looking at the MVC cherry bomb box mod and from what i've seen in the store and on youtube it looks great. One video however said a magnet trigger upgrade makes it hit way harder and I was wondering how that worked?

I was also wondering if the cherry bomb with the troll RDA would be a good fit for a cloud setup, and if the cherry bomb would work for me long term if I found a way to go even bigger.

Cost is also a consideration and at my shop the cherry bomb is 89 I believe and the troll is 39 so that makes me happy.

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd say that you're looking at a pretty decent setup, however if price is a concern you should realize that the retailer you're buying from is selling cheap clones at a 100%-400% markup. If you don't mind waiting a bit you can get those same items online for much cheaper.

You haven't mentioned anything about the batteries you'll be putting in that mod. Those are the most important purchase of all. Get Samsung 25r, LG HE2 or HE4, or Sony VTC4's. (But if you go Sony, make sure you're buying from a vu confirmed legit seller)

Last edited:
Yeah I went to the shop today and he said it was a clone so i'm like "oh, no." I got a 252 box mod and the troll rda and it set off my fire alarm so i'm happy lol

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What batteries did you buy?

Did you buy an ohm meter, or do you already have one?

I got the ones from the store, the MXJO IMR 18650 3.7v 2500 mah 35a. If someone could point me at better batteries online that'd be dope.
I don't have an ohm reader but for now the vape shop guy said he'd show me how to build coils, so once I get familiar with it i'll certainly get an ohm reader.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're going sub ohm, let the vape shop do your builds until you educate yourself on battery safety.
Get real familar with an online calculator such as SteamEngine.org.

I actually have the cherry bomber with the troll rda and i gotta say i love it, it makes great clouds with my imren 2500 mah 40 amp, only problem i have with it is the firing button doesnt work unless you push really hard, or at an angle, ive tried sanding the contacts a little and only made it slightly better but still tpugh

Attachments

• 20150714_052645.jpg
    20150714_052645.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 15

Boshears

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually have the cherry bomber with the troll rda and i gotta say i love it, it makes great clouds with my imren 2500 mah 40 amp, only problem i have with it is the firing button doesnt work unless you push really hard, or at an angle, ive tried sanding the contacts a little and only made it slightly better but still tpugh
I'm having the same trouble out of the button on my Cherry Bomber. I have the black one also.

VU Sponsors