Become a Patron!

RDA Recommendations?

I was wondering if any one could recommend their favorite RDAs & builds for flavor. I have tried (vertex, lancia, vertas, clt rda v2, 454 big block & IGO) & so far my TOBH atty beats them as for a flavor goes. So if any one else out there could list some of their favorite RDAs & builds id glady give them a try.

Thanks in advance.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Petri by dotmod is an INCREDIBLE flavor atty
9e3a9ccfae751583ee9342901960292e.jpg
d9cba5f3a08e25e4f050946695efda87.jpg

http://localvape.com/collections/frontpage/products/dotmod-petri-atomizer
The chuff cap is mine, it comes with a normal 510 cap. 24k gold plated and the "floor" of the deck is peek, so it hardly even gets warm. I love it. The Praxis Derringer is great as well, though its a little tough to find a build that doesn't get too hot. It can also be a little tough to build on because of its size

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Derringer blows my tobh out of the water. The airflow, flavor and vapor production are perfect for me. The build I'm using doesn't get hot, but does give me the warmth I like. Dual coils, 5 1/2 wraps on a 7/64" bit with 24g kanthal. Mounted on my stainless SMPL it's the perfect setup for me.
zWjUe2J.jpg

Last edited:

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I also really like derringers for flavor. I have one on a smpl mod....dual coils, 26ga kanthal a-1, 7 wraps each around a 2.5mm rod

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Manta v2 RDA: it's small, flavorful, airy but not too much, it's dead easy to build on, perfectly suited to nickel coils if you want to use it in temperature control mode. But most importantly, it's 100% leak-free thanks to its vertical air channels. I have nothing but good things to say about this little device.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Since you prefer the TOBH, I can only think of the Tugboat V2.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's what I'm using ADV RDA, its from cigreen authentic Chinese RDA, I have 2 of this, black and copper..got it for $22 bucks shipped...
2 negative/2 positive post
Deep well
Airflow control
Solid drip tip/chuff cap
You can also remove the airflow control for maximum airflow, and you can also put a chuff cap on it if you want to taste your juice LOL, IF don't like that use the stock drip tip and pit another drip tip on top just like what I did....
The flavor is excellent,as you can see in vaping .14 ohms 22g nichrome 80 @ 75watts on a sig 150...
#TEAMCHEAPRDA IMO..
VAPE ON!!
BIGBOYVAPER

Attachments

• WP_20150330_001.jpg
    WP_20150330_001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • WP_20150330_003.jpg
    WP_20150330_003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • WP_20150330_004.jpg
    WP_20150330_004.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EXAMPLE
BIGBOYVAPER

Attachments

• WP_20150330_10_08_11_Moment(3).jpg
    WP_20150330_10_08_11_Moment(3).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 10

lcgixxer87

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm fixing to be purchasing the whole petri mod and rda set up. Excited. Anymore info on it? Currently running a mutation x v3 on a fuchai.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just bought a Sigelei Fu Chai Rda. Put my first build on it, twisted 26 single coil, and the flavor on this is amazing. The rda is a bit tricky to build on, but man, I'm loving it.

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the magma is great imo for flavor!! i also like the vulcan. single coil on magma at 1 -1.4 dual on vulcan at 0.8 - 1.2 is where i like those two rda's

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a lot of good recommendations here so I am going to go back to old school gear...and I-go W-4 with it's airflow holes drilled out a bit is great for flavor with it's tiny little 20 mm deck. I like the Magma as well, the Storm V2 if you can build vertical coils is a good one and it's got pretty good airflow...it's like building a dual coil Geni without the tank :) If you want clouds too (and I know I'll catch shit for saying this....) The Mutation X V3 for what it is has much better flavor than I thought it would. I have an old Patriot V1.2 I got an Affinity Pyrex Glass cap that has 1/8 in airflow holes in it that gave that atty new life and flavor. I also have a Manta V2, it's not really good for super low sub ohm builds, but above point four it's got even better flavor than the magma. Even an I-go L, again with the airhole drilled out, I still think is a great little atty with a 1 ohm coil for testing out flavors and still use mine for just that and it's cheap as dirt :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There is a lot of good recommendations here so I am going to go back to old school gear...and I-go W-4 with it's airflow holes drilled out a bit is great for flavor with it's tiny little 20 mm deck. I like the Magma as well, the Storm V2 if you can build vertical coils is a good one and it's got pretty good airflow...it's like building a dual coil Geni without the tank :) If you want clouds too (and I know I'll catch shit for saying this....) The Mutation X V3 for what it is has much better flavor than I thought it would. I have an old Patriot V1.2 I got an Affinity Pyrex Glass cap that has 1/8 in airflow holes in it that gave that atty new life and flavor. I also have a Manta V2, it's not really good for super low sub ohm builds, but above point four it's got even better flavor than the magma. Even an I-go L, again with the airhole drilled out, I still think is a great little atty with a 1 ohm coil for testing out flavors and still use mine for just that and it's cheap as dirt :)
I recently tried my buddy's Mutation he's using with a Sigelei 150. I thought the flavor would not be that good. The combination of the build, the airflow setting he was using and the power level he had it set at produced great flavor and vapor. I was really impressed. Actually I was amazed. I now desire a Mutation and a Sig 150. They're both kinda large so they look great together and the performance options of each work very well together. My SMPL/Derringer combo is my ideal tube mech and rda setup, and I think the Mutation/Sig150 might be my ideal vw/rda setup.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd love to put mine on top of a sig 150 one of these days and try it out. I bought the MX v2 purely as a toy, it and the V3 I added to the collection shortly after because I was surprised by the V2's performance. Preferring the cooler vapes and vaping for flavor like I do I built a parallel single coil out of 24 gauge Kanthal and closed the airflow on one side not expecting much flavor even with that simple of build....I was shocked needless to say. I haven't built traditional duals on it yet but the single parallel keeps me happy so I don't see the point....and it still puts out a good amount of vapor. Like said, enough to make me get the V3 :)

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My two favorites at the moment are the Marquis and Derringer.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

VU Sponsors