Become a Patron!

RDA goes through washer and drier

Christian Ferguson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My turbo rda went through my washer and drier before I found after I looked for 3 days lol. Will it still work? Should I rebuild it so it isn't the same build and rewire and rewick it? Or is the whole rda just done? Please respond

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It should be ok. If you have an ohm meter you can test. If you have a battery device which has short circuit protection. It will also test your turbo.
Rinse your turbo with fresh water for several minutes. Detergent is a nasty vape, LOL, I've made that mistake.
I would rebuild. Wire and wick are cheat enough.
Good luck

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My turbo rda went through my washer and drier before I found after I looked for 3 days lol. Will it still work? Should I rebuild it so it isn't the same build and rewire and rewick it? Or is the whole rda just done? Please respond
Soak it in hot water, and rebuild it to be safe.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At the very least I'd rinse it under hot water, dry burn the coils, and re-wick. You might want to just toss the coils and start with a new build altogether to avoid any "fresh linen" taste...

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1,......what they said.. Wash, dry burn your coils, do an ohm check, and re-wick.. The heat of a clothes dryer shouldn't affect it.

Christian Ferguson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried rinsing it and rewicking but when I put it on my istick 50w it would fire and then the ohms would change a bunch on the screen and I'd fire it and it'd shut my istick off. Should I rebuild it? Do you think that'd fix it?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried rinsing it and rewicking but when I put it on my istick 50w it would fire and then the ohms would change a bunch on the screen and I'd fire it and it'd shut my istick off. Should I rebuild it? Do you think that'd fix it?
Did you test it on your ohm meter or with a multimeter before re-installing? Check that all the post screws are tight and the wire's not moving?

I'm thinking you may have a screw loose somewhere, but failing that it probably wouldn't hurt to just rebuild...

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Make sure all the water is out of it.
Remove the coil and put it on your Istick. Check the resistance, should be open, no resistance.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just take the sucker apart, give it a good long soak in hottish water, a really good rinse and a good dry.

Put it back together again, install new coil and wick and you should be golden.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I rinse my subtank mini all the time. Should be ok as long as you get it all dried out. Maybe borrow the wife's blow drier. LOL

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your coil is probably loose. Time to rebuild.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of the above ! When I change flavors in my Dark Horse I rinse it under extremely hot water, blow it with air, put it on the mod and turn the coils orange and rewick it.

VU Sponsors