rda for a newbie

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah id hate to get 4 mg n its not enough. Reason i baught 2 bottles is they had 50% juice. Im using 8 mg atm in nautilus but im used to 12. I plan to build from .5 - 1 . I can ask if the guy can customise it to 6 mg even though they dont offer it. But he allows to customise vg im getting max vg for the flavor so 70 ish vg.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If im using 8 now in nautilus 4 should be ok, 8's bit low i like 12 better, but maybe theyll make 6 mg for me. So i ordered tobecco tugboat v2 black, koh gen doh japanese cotton 80 pack, 10 metre 0.3 & 10 meter of 0.4 mm kanthol ( 26 & 28 g), eleaf ohm metre.. so ill just need tools left right? Precision screwdriver set for wrapping, wire cutters, scissors, tweezers, needle nose plyers. Thats it correct? I dont need a torch do i? I can just wrap coil, check res, put on my ipv2, & pulse fire till coil's red & pinch untill its neat & glowing from inside out. Is it safe to do it from mod? Or should i get a torch? And it have to be butain or will propain torch be ok.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If im using 8 now in nautilus 4 should be ok, 8's bit low i like 12 better, but maybe theyll make 6 mg for me. So i ordered tobecco tugboat v2 black, koh gen doh japanese cotton 80 pack, 10 metre 0.3 & 10 meter of 0.4 mm kanthol ( 26 & 28 g), eleaf ohm metre.. so ill just need tools left right? Precision screwdriver set for wrapping, wire cutters, scissors, tweezers, needle nose plyers. Thats it correct? I dont need a torch do i? I can just wrap coil, check res, put on my ipv2, & pulse fire till coil's red & pinch untill its neat & glowing from inside out. Is it safe to do it from mod? Or should i get a torch? And it have to be butain or will propain torch be ok.
You don't really need a torch, some people use torch for the smaller gauges to make em less springy but meh..

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't really need a torch, some people use torch for the smaller gauges to make em less springy but meh..

I just use a bic to torch my wire. It makes the coils come out a little cleaner.

Last edited:

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just use a bic to torch my wire. It makes the coils come out a little cleaner.
If you put a single piece of wire in a drill and run it like you would to make twisted wire, it'll make any piece of wire straight as a needle.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you put a single piece of wire in a drill and run it like you would to make twisted wire, it'll make any piece of wire straight as a needle.

Nice to know. I mostly just torch to take the spring out of my 26ga.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice to know. I mostly just torch to take the spring out of my 26ga.
I saw someone on youtube do it a long time ago, I think the tight twisting of the single piece of wire creates heat and does the same thing as torching. I always bad at torching and would get weak spots that would break.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw someone on youtube do it a long time ago, I think the tight twisting of the single piece of wire creates heat and does the same thing as torching. I always bad at torching and would get weak spots that would break.

It's been working pretty well for me, and I don't even have a proper torch. Nice to know my old lighters can still do work for me though.

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you'll be fine with 4mg. I vape 12 out of my nautilus and 3 out of my rda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually got ahold of them before they made it, im getting them in 6 mg and around 78%vg. I will likely start around 1 ohm, use some 28 g before the 26, & on single coil itd be round 1 ohm. Can i even do sub ohm with single coil 26? And ive heard you want between 6-8 wraps for best performance. So if i wanted a single coil say .7 26 g, thad be only few wraps. That wouldnt be good for single right?

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. So whats diffrent size screwdrivers do? A bigger 2 mm screwdriver that will use more wire causing higher res right, smaller 1.3 mm will be lower res.. same as more wraps = higher res. So is there a preffered screwdriver size, wont a thinner diameter give less vapor, and less wraps as well? Is there number wraps rule, like would a 26 g, 4 wrap 1.3 mm diameter say, to give sub ohm, work for single coil? just messin around with steam engine to see.

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a 2mm coil using 26g and 7 wraps. Sitting at .8ohms. I like it. Not a lot of vapor but and doesn't get to hot. Nice cool vap with some decent flavor. I planned on fooling around with it tonight and push the watts up higher than I normally go.

To answer your question the inner diameter changes that resistance from what I have read. I have also found that most use a 2mm diameter so that's what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So from my understanding, i wanna have the coil as close to posts as i can without touching them.. and i want to push coil up so its level with airflow, and push it towards center infronnt of airflow, ill need to leave it bit farther from posts then actually to give some slack eh. And when pulsing to pinch coil should i have it certain w/v, like 4.2, or aslong as it gets red. And ive got koh gen doh japanese cotton comin, anyone use that. Should i peel the skin layers off, just cut in strips. & i want cotton to fill coil but able to pull through easy, & dont put underneath coil.

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd recommend the veritas as long as you aren't a cloud chaser. I think its a stupid design and a pain in the ass to build on compared to others, but its the only RDA I've used that really doesn't leak. The magma was my favorite but it has a problem of leaking condensation that run down the domed top cap and behind the air flow ring, but it is awesome for flavor and the veritas is very close.

I've used the tugboat, plume veil, clt, big dripper v1 and 2, pontus, as well as several others. They all leak, some more than others. But the vertias has never leaked a single drop vertical or on its side. After wasting tons of money on many different options I now use magma rdas at home vaping my now and then flavors and my vertias rdas and lemo rbts when I'm out and about or at home.

Just my conclusion and personal preference after getting into this stuff and spending tons of cash on all the popular recommendations.

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually decided on the tugboat v2 clone. Its already on its way along with two 120 ml bottles of juice 6 mg max vg, vanilla custard & swedish berries.. a eleaf ohm/voltmeter, 80 pack of koh gen do japanese cotton & two 10 metre rolls of kanthol, 0.4 & 0.4 mm/ 28 & 26 awg. So i just need to get few tools... let me know if these are all i need yet : precision screwdriver set for wrapping, wire cutters, tweezers, scissors. Right?

slayer420-x

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got a set of mastercraft precision screwdrivers for wrapping, but not all say mm. Theirs 1.4, 1.8, T7, T8, #00, H2.5, #1, #0, 3.0, 2.4, T9, H3.0. which should i use, the bigger the screwdriver the higher the ohm right, is bigger better so it holds more cotton? Also have tweezers nailcutters & scissors, that all the tools i need

VU Sponsors