Become a Patron!

Rda features that should be standard from now on.

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
Venting about new rdas that come with dated features.

First off, I recently bought a royal hunter, thinking that the black drip tip would be delrin. Good rda except for the drip tip should be delrin. Every rda from now on, should have a delrin drip tip or insulator for drip tip. Any dripper that gets too hot after 3 -4 hits, us unusable (doge 2/royal hunter)

From now on, every rda should have split positive post unless it had a unique design like the velocity rda ...essentially every rda should have equal amount of positive holes as negative holes.

Airflow ....from now on, there is no excuse for limited airflow on an rda. It is easy enough to design adjustable airflow to go from little to too much. Granted, that sometimes having alot of airflow may keep a device from having single coil option. The plusses and minuses must be weighed at that point.

From now on,there is no excuse for an rda to have a shallow juice well. I'm sick and tired of seeing a 10 mmthick deck have a 2 mm juice well . No reason for it not to be 6 -8 mm deep, it amounts to wasted space

However, if it was done right the first time, then they couldn't do a v2.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont agree with anything you just said.
Doge v2 doesnt get too hot for me and i vape .08-.1 ohm on it.
Also i like having rdas with 3 posts and rdas with 4 post holes, no reason to make them all 4 post hole devices, plus sleeper coils work better on 3 than 4.
I dont fill the well with juice to the point that well depth is a maker or breaker, so i guess im indifferent towards that opinion.
Also i like rdas with less airflow for intense flavoring as they usually deliver better flavor than the rdas with lots of air option closed off (ie. Freakshow vs troll).
its good to have options.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont agree with anything you just said.
Doge v2 doesnt get too hot for me and i vape .08-.1 ohm on it.
Also i like having rdas with 3 posts and rdas with 4 post holes, no reason to make them all 4 post hole devices, plus sleeper coils work better on 3 than 4.
I dont fill the well with juice to the point that well depth is a maker or breaker, so i guess im indifferent towards that opinion.
Also i like rdas with less airflow for intense flavoring as they usually deliver better flavor than the rdas with lots of air option closed off (ie. Freakshow vs troll).
its good to have options.
Ultimately you're right on all counts. But I only build simple non-sleeper duals, I drip like a drunken sailor, have chain-vaped most metal-tipped attys until they get uncomfortably hot, and always leave the airflow wide open (except on my N23, only RDA I've ever had to choke off). So the rant from @scootervapers works for me, though likely not a lot of others...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I vape wide open on everything. Usually with chuff cap. But wide open mutation x wide open freakshow wide open plume veil, oldskool quasar or igo-w are all different wide open. And just about any rda out their. Every rda serves its purpose. No need for them all to be the same.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Every RDA should have a square post(s), unless milled into the deck, in order to avoid the post(s) from spinning. (Not that it happened to myself yet.)

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4 post deck with large holes for the coil wire
510 dip tip with a large bore drip tip conversion
bottom and side air flow
large juice well
Imo all should be standard on a rda

Adam Paseman

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think part of the factors that make RDA's fun to collect/use is the fact that they are different....essentially you want them all to be the same minus some styling.

VU Sponsors