Become a Patron!

RBA vaping

On the tfv8 cloud beast how do I use RBA do i have to use temp control? If not how high can I crank the wattage can it handle 350 watts? I just need to know the do's and dont's and what i need to do for a 350 watt mod I wont always be hitting it that high but sometimes I want to and if you can recommend a sub ohm that will work that would also be nice.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do your coils say they are rated for wattage? They should say right on the coils.
I think the tfv8 only uses disposable coils as well, not sure if they make a rebuildable version or not....someone who knows it better should chime in, Good luck to you:)

hendrikR

Member For 2 Years
The TFV8 comes with a Rebuildable Deck.
The Preinstalled Fused Clapton Coils have been fine for me up to ~160 Watts, but they got kinda hot with that much power. Sweetspot for me was between 90-120Watts. Today I changed the Coils with 0,5mm Kanthal Round Wires and use them at 120W for now.

I dont think the standard RBA (Rebuildable Deck) will go up to 350 Watts, but thats an insane wattage anyways

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
350watts is unattainable unless you are on some type of 4s LiPo battery mod, with 18650 mods it is a red herring, can't be done in most cases.

Triple Battery Series mod
350watts/9.6v lowest charge/90% Mod Chipset efficiency=40.5093amps needed (3.2v per battery lowest charge X 3 Batteries)

Quad Battery Parallel Series (these are bit newer, 2 series sleds in parallel, gain about 50% more CDR than a single battery where a straight series you are limited to CDR of a single battery)
350watts/6.4v lowest charge/90% Chipset Efficiency=60.7639 amps needed (it is a bit of a confusing configuration of batteries, lowest voltage of a single dual battery series mod so 3.2v lowest X 2 batteries, even with LG HB2, 4, or 6 batteries which are true 30amp CDR batteries, the highest CDR of any 18650 on the market, 30amps CDR +50%=45amps CDR the mod can maintain, 16amps over at about 61amps)

Quad Battery Series (even if they make one presently)
350watts/12.6v/90%=27.7778amps needed (3.2v X 4 batteries) <--- LG HB2, 4, 6 only batteries that can handle this load.

350watts is just unnecessary, it is the old game of who can piss the furthest to the urinal, just my opinion. If you are needing 350 watts to push your coils to operate properly, you seriously need to rethink your combination. Airflow, type of atomizer/tank you are using, types of coils inside the atomizer. This game of mine is bigger than yours in vaping is getting tiring, just like Efest, Imren, Eizfan and other battery re-wrap companies rating B and C bin discard batteries at higher what A bin manufacturers rate the A bins as are way overspecced (hint the LG HB2, 4, and 6 are the highest CDR batteries on the market presently, any battery that says it is 35amp plus is a re-wrapped battery, buyer beware, LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic/Sanyo are the big 4 battery manufacturers everyone else buys from in most cases).

O/T
With any tank, even with an RBA, the key principle is prime the coil properly, crank the watts down lower, generally 50% the lowest rating, then gradually break in the wicking and up the wattage in stages every 15 to 20minutes constant use, until you get to your happy place, if you get even a hint at a harsh hit back it down a notch, that is the max that coil handle even if rated for higher, moment you get a burnt hit, coil (actually the wicking of the coil which is the weakest part) is toasted and ruined.

Just because Jonny "I Wanna Be Looking" Kewl is doing one thing, doesn't mean you yourself need to follow, for you never know if Jonny is blindly running toward the edge of a cliff to fall, with high output vaping, that cliff edge is the decider of a battery staying stable and continuing to work, or the bad ending, the batteries vent or explode due to the abuse, which is a rapid visit to ER with shrapnel wounds and major burns, don't be the next vaping accident just came into CNN's news room, you are ultimately the only one responsible for your own safety.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On the tfv8 cloud beast how do I use RBA do i have to use temp control? If not how high can I crank the wattage can it handle 350 watts? I just need to know the do's and dont's and what i need to do for a 350 watt mod I wont always be hitting it that high but sometimes I want to and if you can recommend a sub ohm that will work that would also be nice.
Welcome to the VU forums, jksabelle! :)

It sounds like you are new to vaping. Make sure to read up so you are knowledgeable about how to make vaping work best for you. Most importantly, make sure to stay safe. There are a lot of threads and posts on VU that will help steer you in the right direction!

Good luck!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping at 350W is just plain stupid, not to mention that it will drain your batteries in no time, no matter what type or how many you have.

It's just the result of Chinese manufacturers competing against themselves and constantly raising the wattage of their mods and as a result building heads with more and more coils (so more and more mass) that could handle such wattage.

The majority of people that use RTAs/RDAs use dual or single coils and would never build with so many coils as some of the multi head prebuilt coil heads out there.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
350W, you're on your own. There may be a couple Mod's out there that can do it. Personally I think it's beyond fucking stupid, but hey knock yourself out vaping hot magma to measure your dick.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Im not trying to always have it on that 350w setting I agree thats fucking ridiculous but lets say Im fucked up on night and I want to piss into that farthest urinal what could handle it I would rarely use that build but I would like to have it on hand at the same time almost as a novelty type thing other than that though I usually vape 100-180 I was just purchasing the new gx350 and wondering if there was anything that could handle that power

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im not trying to always have it on that 350w setting I agree thats fucking ridiculous but lets say Im fucked up on night and I want to piss into that farthest urinal what could handle it I would rarely use that build but I would like to have it on hand at the same time almost as a novelty type thing other than that though I usually vape 100-180 I was just purchasing the new gx350 and wondering if there was anything that could handle that power
Novelty I can understand that, like I said there are a couple out there like the Smok GX350. that and the Cloud Beast King TFV12 Tank

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Even the TFV12 tank won't handle 350 watts with its top stock coil without frying the cotton I'd expect just crazy numbers

You need something you can add mass and numbers of coils ....doing it on a 2 coil deck is not gonna happen at least not unless you want to burn your cotton instantly ...you need a 4 battery mod but you will drain your batteries really quick and drink through juice properly quick

Big thick build in order then you can get to 350w if you really want to! still don't see the point even in a pissing match

And most mods that say they can output x wattage don't actually perform to that they regulate it much lower for good reason (to protect you)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I don't think they make any pre-made coils to run near 350w. And as far as I know, the tfv8 deck isn't big enough to hold a coil that would. A couple mods will do 300-360w but that would be mainly for cloud builds on an RDA with space for a lot of coils. (Such as a So Horney or Temple)
The most important thing to remember is, you vape to what you like, not to what your mod can do. Higher power requires more air, more air = less flavor. Which is why you never see a cloud chaser using a clapton coil. Well not if they know what they are doing anyway. Some noobs argue differently, but any competition cloud chaser will tell you, claptons aren't for cloud. That said.. high power on a regular coil is a cloud monster. Imagine 2 coils, 20 wraps each (would actually be 2x (2x 10 wrap parallel coils)) awesome for cloud, not so much for flavor.

Now that said, if you take a coil and fire it at 350w and it wasn't built for that much power, you will instantly cook your cotton for that wonderful dry hit flavor. So basically, if you want high wattage, you have the wrong tank, you need an RDA (drip atomizer) and if you want a tank and flavor, you don't want high wattage. Just enough to push your coil to get the vapor you like.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Even the TFV12 tank won't handle 350 watts with its top stock coil without frying the cotton I'd expect just crazy numbers

You need something you can add mass and numbers of coils ....doing it on a 2 coil deck is not gonna happen at least not unless you want to burn your cotton instantly ...you need a 4 battery mod but you will drain your batteries really quick and drink through juice properly quick

Big thick build in order then you can get to 350w if you really want to! still don't see the point even in a pissing match

And most mods that say they can output x wattage don't actually perform to that they regulate it much lower for good reason (to protect you)

Im getting a 360w mod when wifeys taxes come in. Just for blowing clouds for my own amusement (at home of course) Besides, I would need at least that much to push 6 parallel coils in my So Horney RDA. It's a hobby and helped me keep off the smokes. Mind you, i can't blow a jellyfish to save my life. Barely get a decent ring. LOL

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
360 Watts. Damn. Now that's real hardcore.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You won't get a pleasurable vape with that wattage, I've tried that and even more.
Think half second pulls with ultra hot vapor. Now I like a hot vape but that's too much even for me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hey. I'm kind of new to vaping. I have "Smok X Cube Mini" with "SMOK TFV8 Baby Beast Tank".

I was told by a friend that there is a way I build my own coils and get stronger flavor hit, without having to replace my coils every 2-3 days. I'm really not sure if he was talking about a "RBA".

I am having a hard time finding stuff online, mainly because I don't want to order something and it not fit. I'm not exactly rich, thus why I vape and not smoke.

Help would be extremely appreciated.

hendrikR

Member For 2 Years
All the tools I use are available in almost all households.

I wrap the coils around a screwdriver, cut the wire with a side cutter or a nail clipper, cut the cotton with nail scissors, and check the resistance of my coils with help of any regulated box mod i have lying around

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The Baby rba can be quite awesome. I much prefer it to the stock prebuilt coils. It handles these 4wrap 3mm id 3x28/38 ss316L fused claptons just fine. Could probably squeeze another wrap in there.
IMG_20170306_002818.jpg

0.12ohms @71W 360°F on my Hohmslice

Search "Coilmaster" for building tools, then hunt around for the best prices. Vaporbeast.com is usually stocked with goodies.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
For wire, Kidney Puncher, Temco, Pure Atomist, and many others. @PhantomOp created a thread on wire vendors. Good place to look.

VU Sponsors