Become a Patron!

Raspberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to make at least one more mix with a revised recipe, before posting it. The first mix of 60 ml, I made just a few day ago, is almost gone.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4% & .5%
FA Strawberry is not as strong as other FA. 4% is doable I think. I mix it w/ TFA / INW.
I mixed this up last week but ended up using 1% banana forgetting about the .5% we talked about here. After I mixed up 20mls I looked at my notes again and said DAMN IT! The first 2-3 days all I got was banana again and said DAMN IT! again. Then on day 5 it turned into a completely different animal. Perfect. The 4% FA Strawberry you suggested did the trick and IMO 1% Banana is spot on.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad that worked.
I posted my Strawberries & Cream recipe that shows my personal preference for strawberry base. (3 SBs & Caps Dragonfruit)
(Named for Pavlov's dog... 'cause yer' might gonna drool some...)
I saw your recipe and it looks great. I have no clue how I keep forgetting to order Dragon fruit. It's on my wish list.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tiramisu banana vape.....hmmmm......:D

I may try the titled recipe with the only raspberry I have in stock, CAP v2. I have everything else by the stated brands.
Then I saw the mention of Tiramisu banana vape. This has my thinking cap glowing with a happy face.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well Squonk, you have me at a quandary. Do I like this one the most or the Straw-nana the most??? I had mixed up both last weekend they are both winners! Definitely a base to play with different fruits.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Squonk, you have me at a quandary. Do I like this one the most or the Straw-nana the most??? I had mixed up both last weekend they are both winners! Definitely a base to play with different fruits.
I do love the raspberry, and the older it gets, the better it is. ;)
Thanks guys.:) I have peach steeping now 2% FA peach and 1% FA white peach. My first batch had only 2% peach and it wasn't quite peachy enough sooo. I like this base so much I think I'll make 10mls of just the base so it's easier to play with. But sadly I'm down to about 1ml or less of fresh cream. I'm holding out for a Big Sale this week at ECX.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks guys.:) I have peach steeping now 2% FA peach and 1% FA white peach. My first batch had only 2% peach and it wasn't quite peachy enough sooo. I like this base so much I think I'll make 10mls of just the base so it's easier to play with. But sadly I'm down to about 1ml or less of fresh cream. I'm holding out for a Big Sale this week at ECX.
At ECX, you can get a 10% discount at any time, using the cupon code UNDERGROUND10

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At ECX, you can get a 10% discount at any time, using the cupon code UNDERGROUND10
I always take advantage of that, but during sales they usually do 40 or 50% off. Good time to stock up on flavors, pg/vg and nic. Their nic is actually better than Wizard labs IMO. If they don't do a black Friday thing, I'll do 10% off and just grab some flavors.

MrGrimR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
... and sparkles. Everything taste better with sparkles. :)

(oh, and BTW, try the FA white peach with Inawera peach instead of the FA beach. IMO, of the difference is amazing.
Chchvv
6cbb9d4e66d97bceef91e743939d5bb6.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give it at least 2-3 days to steep.
Raspberry(FA) 0.5%
Vienna Cream(FA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Cheesecake Graham Crust(TFA) 3%
(30pg/70vg-2mg)

I'm diggin this mix. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Edit: I've also made this with 3% FA Strawberry and it's also very good, but I'm really liking it with Raspberry.

Been meaning to give some feedback on this. I tried this mix and its very good! Before I was into DIY I bought some Ruthless brand e-juice from a B&M in one of our cities a few hours drive from where I live (we have no B&M worth mentioning in my town), and anyways this tastes very much like the "Menage a Trois" flavor by them which they tout as a raspberry creme brulee/cheesecake. It was really the only cheesecake I liked prior to DIY and to me this tastes very close to that. Well done Squonk!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I have made this the way the OP listed and with 0.8% INW Raspberry. Both are very good. INW is a little sweeter. Both are different from each other. I can't say I like one over the other. I can say that if I was to pick I would use FA for this INW for another recipe mentioned on the thread. The reasoning is with INW it is similar, not quite, but similar.

Good job, Squonk.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Raspberry(FA) 0.5%
Vienna Cream(FA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(30pg/70vg-2mg)

Edit: I've also made this with 3% FA Strawberry and it's also very good, but I'm really liking it with Raspberry.

This seems like it would be awfully weak with just 6 1/2% total flavorings. I usually shoot for at least 20% flavorings.

Mike O

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Never have used FA flavorings, too expensive for me. I use TFA and Capella. I have a similar Raspberry Ice Cream recipe.

Raspberry 6%, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%, Dulce De Leche 4%, Vanillin 2%, Cheesecake 4%

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well gosh, I haven't mixed in a while and have run out o juice:eek:!! Teresa P said this was the bomb so....raspberry version here I come. O yeah, forgot I tried the oba manderin vape also. Not too shabby. Very unique. Like an orange creme soda. Did that oba give it a fizz or is it all in my head??? Thanks Squonk!!:D

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well gosh, I haven't mixed in a while and have run out o juice:eek:!! Teresa P said this was the bomb so....raspberry version here I come. O yeah, forgot I tried the oba manderin vape also. Not too shabby. Very unique. Like an orange creme soda. Did that oba give it a fizz or is it all in my head??? Thanks Squonk!!:D
I'm out of FA fresh cream but it will be here today. I'm out of this mix as well and will make more today(50ml this time). I will always have it in my rotation. The Orange Soda/Crush was kind of a fluke. I had just mixed Oba Oba as a stand alone and the mandarin just seemed a natural match. I like it mixed fresh to maximize the fizziness(w/o marshmallow). It's a good recipe to have around when all you have mixed are a bunch fresh steepers. http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/mandarin-oba-oba-orange-soda.121422/
I'm glad you enjoy it and hope you like the raspberry cheesecake ice cream.

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Raspberry(FA) 0.5%
Vienna Cream(FA) 2%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
(30pg/70vg-2mg)

Thanks, have just made some of this up, will let you know how it goes in a few days. :)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, have just made some of this up, will let you know how it goes in a few days. :)
Try it in a few days then after 6-7 days. Steeping will really pull the creams and raspberry together and the graham will show up. I hope you like it.

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
5 days have passed, still fighting the temptation to try it, lol. I've been shaking daily and leaving the lid off for about 5 mins daily too. Smelling nicer as the days go by...

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
5 days have passed, still fighting the temptation to try it, lol. I've been shaking daily and leaving the lid off for about 5 mins daily too. Smelling nicer as the days go by...
5 days. Give it a vape if you'll have some left to steep longer.

SteveMc

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
OK, sadly it didn't work out for me I'm afraid. I'll give it another go in the future, could have just been bad coil heads. Smelled lovely, taste just didn't do it for us, sorry. :(

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When is coupon good for this week only for 10% off ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcantar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did up a 30 of this last night. I have enough juice left to last MAYBE until tomorrow night, my package of flavors got mixed up and came a few days late, so I'll be vaping on it a bit earlier than recommended. Been running it under warm water and shaking it every few hours, right now the raspberry smells a bit overpowering so I may add another .5% of Vienna Cream. Thanks for sharing this!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did up a 30 of this last night. I have enough juice left to last MAYBE until tomorrow night, my package of flavors got mixed up and came a few days late, so I'll be vaping on it a bit earlier than recommended. Been running it under warm water and shaking it every few hours, right now the raspberry smells a bit overpowering so I may add another .5% of Vienna Cream. Thanks for sharing this!
I'm finding the longer the better with the steep time(a week or so). But the again, I don't heat steep. The raspberry and creams will blend together and the GC cheesecake will come through. I hope you like it.
I just got some CAPs vanilla bean ice cream and will be trying this mix with it. I mixed up some strawberry banana cheese cake ice cream yesterday using VBIC to see how it turns out. http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/strawberry-banana-cheesecake-ice-cream.158053/

mcantar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm finding the longer the better with the steep time(a week or so). But the again, I don't heat steep. The raspberry and creams will blend together and the GC cheesecake will come through. I hope you like it.
I just got some CAPs vanilla bean ice cream and will be trying this mix with it. I mixed up some strawberry banana cheese cake ice cream yesterday using VBIC to see how it turns out. http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/strawberry-banana-cheesecake-ice-cream.158053/

I didn't want to heat steep, but didn't really have a choice on this one. I'll probably have to break it out in an hour or so, I've got about 5ml left and I'm running juice-guzzling continuous parallels @ .21 ohms on a 26650 stack lol. So, like 36hrs steep time. I'll probably add a bit of Vienna to it for this one, then do up another 30 of the original recipe and let that steep for a week or so without heat.

mcantar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh I forgot to mention, I run max VG so that might change the flavor profile for me (I'm still new at this so I don't know exactly how it will effect it). The calculator says 93.xx VG.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I forgot to mention, I run max VG so that might change the flavor profile for me (I'm still new at this so I don't know exactly how it will effect it). The calculator says 93.xx VG.
The higher VG will take longer to steep, but your heat steeping and frequent good shakes should help. If your low on juice vape it and see how it develops as the days go by.

mcantar

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Stretched it add long as I could, and in the meantime gave it some extra heat-and-shake cycles along with some time with the cap off. Man, that's pretty damn good! The raspberry isn't nearly as overpowering as it smells. Just made another batch, 120ml this time, that will steep until this 30 runs out. I'd say my first DIY attempt has been a success, thanks to you!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stretched it add long as I could, and in the meantime gave it some extra heat-and-shake cycles along with some time with the cap off. Man, that's pretty damn good! The raspberry isn't nearly as overpowering as it smells. Just made another batch, 120ml this time, that will steep until this 30 runs out. I'd say my first DIY attempt has been a success, thanks to you!
Thank you and your welcome. I'm glad your enjoying this mix. Hopefully you'll like it even more as it ages.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I actually have Caps VBIC and I have a week and half off from work! I'll be a tester for you.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I replaced FA Vienna and Fresh creams with 5% CAPs VBIC.
I'll mix some up tomorrow. @ work today for the last time this year. Today the company bought tickets for everyone to go see "The Force Awakens" in a special showing just for us @ 9:30 am. Get to see the movie for free and get paid to do it! Score!!!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll mix some up tomorrow. @ work today for the last time this year. Today the company bought tickets for everyone to go see "The Force Awakens" in a special showing just for us @ 9:30 am. Get to see the movie for free and get paid to do it! Score!!!
What a boss! Awesome!

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
Dunno what I made wrong, followed recipe as written but it came out very disappointing, had a smelly chemical smell for some days until it got better than I had some drags on it and tasted not great at all it steeped 3-4 days , the raspberry barely came trough.

I'll give it another run maybe I screwed up something on the way. will update.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dunno what I made wrong, followed recipe as written but it came out very disappointing, had a smelly chemical smell for some days until it got better than I had some drags on it and tasted not great at all it steeped 3-4 days , the raspberry barely came trough.

I'll give it another run maybe I screwed up something on the way. will update.
Try giving it a few more days to steep with a good daily shake. Make sure you give your flavorings a good shake before mixing as well. Or,it could be it's just not your thing. I should note that I mix all my juice for sub ohm. I vape around .3-.5ohms in my RTAs. I find if I add over .5% Flavourart Raspberry it takes over the whole mix. I hope it steeps out better for you.

acidburn123

Member For 4 Years
Try giving it a few more days to steep with a good daily shake. Make sure you give your flavorings a good shake before mixing as well. Or,it could be it's just not your thing. I should note that I mix all my juice for sub ohm. I vape around .3-.5ohms in my RTAs. I find if I add over .5% Flavourart Raspberry it takes over the whole mix. I hope it steeps out better for you.

Well I did a fairly small test batch of 10ml , using my jeweler scale for weighting, I actually did give it 3-4 days of steeping, heated in hot water bath and shaked daily . .. the raspberry was there but very very faint ... neither the other ingredients were right either ... I probably flunked up some how ... I'll have a another go at the recipe tomorrow and let it steep for a week, really want it to work :) nothing better than a raspberry cheescake ice cream

using 0.3-0.5 ohm's as well on my tanks.

edit: forgot to mention , I always lay down the flavours before a recipe and shake them hard.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did a fairly small test batch of 10ml , using my jeweler scale for weighting, I actually did give it 3-4 days of steeping, heated in hot water bath and shaked daily . .. the raspberry was there but very very faint ... neither the other ingredients were right either ... I probably flunked up some how ... I'll have a another go at the recipe tomorrow and let it steep for a week, really want it to work :) nothing better than a raspberry cheescake ice cream

using 0.3-0.5 ohm's as well on my tanks.

edit: forgot to mention , I always lay down the flavours before a recipe and shake them hard.
I really hope it works out for you. I always have 30 mils on hand for myself. You'll know it's steeped when the graham pokes through and feels creamier.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I made 30 ml 30/70 pg/vg 3 mg nic on Wednesday. Definitely needs some more steep as I'm not getting the graham cracker, but I am getting the raspberry nicely. @acidburn123 just let it rest some more. Also what are you vaping it on? I'm getting more raspberry with 30 watts than I am with 50 watts on a 0.4 ohm dual coil in a Sapor dripper.

VU Sponsors