Become a Patron!

Raptor BF Squonk Kit - Vapor Storm

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Raptor BF Squonk Kit from Vapor Storm. The Raptor BF Squonk Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vapor-...12172.html

In the Box

Contents:

1 x Vapor Storm Raptor Squonk Box Mod
1 x Micro USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x 18650 adaptor
1 x 5ml Squonk bottle
1 x Raptor bottom feeding (BF) atomizer
2 x Prebuilt coil
Spare parts

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Raptor Device is a neat and tidy little squonker which will accommodate a choice of battery. The device is made out of plastic but has been made well. the main chassis is Black with the front and back being removable panels in the colour of choice. I received the Green version, it also comes in Blue or Brown, which ever colour you opt for the supplied Raptor RDA is Ultem so doesn't match. One side of the device has a large round fire button towards the top, the spine of the device has "VSTORM" etched in large capitals and the base has etched safety stamps. The front panel has a cutout to allow pressing of the bottle and to the right has a cutout "S" and then "torm" raised. The back panel is the same apart from no cutout to press the bottle but instead we have a little USB sized cutout allowing the USB port to be used while the panel is on. The top of the device has a 510 plate and spring loaded BF 510. The device is a nice size and weight to use on the go and feels good in the hand.

Raptor BF RDA Specs:

Stainless steel and PEI and ABS construction
Postless build deck for single coil build
Removable PEI drip tip
Airholes on sleeve
510 threading connection
Colour: Orange (Ultem)

Raptor BF RDA Overview

The Raptor RDA isn't terrible by any means especially when considering it's a kit RDA and the Raptor Kit is very cheap. It has a fixed angled airflow mainly hitting the top of the coil, and gives a restrictive direct lung hit. The deck is a postless single coil which is a breeze to build on but it's far from perfect. The juice well is only about 4mm and you have to get your coil at exactly the right height to introduce a bit of side airflow to go with the top to get descent flavour. The kit is cheap and in all honesty the RDA does have a cheap look and feel to it and after a quick try of it i then used other BF RDA's on the Raptor device.

Raptor Squonk Mod Specs:

Featured with chip protection and led indicators with different colors, the Raptor squonk box mod can support 0.05ohm super low resistance.Meanwhile, it can fit 18650, 20700, 21700 three different types of high drain batteries and provide safe vaping with the powerful firmware.
Raptor Specification:
Voltage range: 3.2V-4.2V
Resistance range: 0.05-3ohm
Build-in 5ML squonk bottle
Coil supporting: Kanthal,Ni200,Ti,SS,etc
Max power: 120w
Protection temperature range: 90 oC - 110 oC
Size: 80x49x30mm
Net weight:113g (include the BF atomizer)
Colours: Blue, Green, Brown

Fitting Battery

You can fit a 21700, 20700 or 18650 with included adaptor, simply take off the panel with the cutout for pressing the bottle and slot the battery in place, when taking the battery off you might find it easier taking both front and back panels off. The panels have a notch at the bottom to easily remove and are fitted in place by a combination of being a snug fit and having a small magnet in each corner.

Filling The Bottle

One con of this kit is it's only a 5ml capacity bottle and the bottle is a bit too soft but i have known worse. To fill is straightforward pull bottle with plastic pipe off the metal tube with just a downwards pull, then unscrew the top with plastic pipe off the bottle and fill.

Using the Raptor Device.

The Raptor is not a mechanical device but a direct output device with a chip which gives various safety features. The safety features are low power protection, over vape protection, smart lock protection, short circuit protection, temperature protection and a 120W cap. 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on and off and when firing the surround of the fire button lights up to give battery life status but i haven't been able to find out exactly what each colour means percentage wise. For those that like LED's it also will give a little light show when firing underneath the 510 area when enabled, to enable the LED's is 3 clicks of the fire button and a further 3 clicks turn them off.

Performance

Unlike the RDA which i wasn't over keen on the Raptor device i found very good especially when considering the price tag. It fires instantly and behaves as a mechanical with the piece of mind of all those safety features. All your 22mm and 24mm BF RDA's will fit without overhang, and apart from the slightly too soft bottle and low capacity i actually enjoyed using the device, it also showed no signs of leaking. The device also as an USB port so although i wouldn't, you can charge your battery in the device.

Conclusion

RDA not great but the Raptor Squonk Mod is a descent device with the option of using 3 different battery sizes.

Fires instanly
Safety Features
Supports 18650, 20700, 21700 battery
No leaking
Battery status indication
LED light show (if enabled)
Device can be turned off
USB port

Dislikes

RDA not the best
Bottle a bit too soft
Only 5ml capacity

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Raptor BF Squonk Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-vapor-...12172.html

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it isn't regulated and TC, I fail to see how it can use TI or ni200

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it isn't regulated and TC, I fail to see how it can use TI or ni200
I don't do temp control myself, had a dabble a while ago but i found it's a lot of messing around and in my opinion didn't see any worthwhile benefits. I review only in wattage mode but always put the manufacturers specs, which on this occasion do look incorrect as the device as no TC settings. By the way a device merely has to have just something like one safety feature and it is a regulated device, so the Raptor is very regulated.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, a "safety feature" doesn't make it Regulated, nor capable of TC - which is all ni200 or Ti support.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you read my message i both said the manufacturer made a mistake listing their specs and it doesn't have TC so i agreed with you so i don't get your point. Any device that has a chip that can intervene or alter anything makes the device regulated. A device is either mechanical or regulated, this is a direct output regulated device. It only fires between certain resistances, as well as loads of safety protections, that makes it a regulated device.

VU Sponsors