Become a Patron!

Random Pet Peeves..

stmtpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i encountered one of my own pet peeves just today. I was taking a nap, as I've been under the weather lately, and resting a lot seems to help. Not too long before I had asked my husband to wake me, I was awakened quite rudely by some drive-up guests of the teenagers across the street... the fact that they are drive-up guests is the point; the pet peeve is their fucking GODDAMNED ANNOYING THUMPING BASS THAT SHAKES THE WHOLE FUCKING NEIGHBORHOOD FOR 5 STREETS IN EVERY GODDAMNED DIRECTION.

Andria

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^
I wish there was such a thing as a mini or targeted EMP generator which could be focused on one object...like a car ;)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is universal. Happens in the U.S. all the time.
If you wanted things they way the were back "home", then WHY did you LEAVE?

No, it's not universal. Are you asking why I left, or why anyone would leave?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^
I wish there was such a thing as a mini or targeted EMP generator which could be focused on one object...like a car ;)

I'd settle for a 20mm cannon with depleted uranium rounds.

TheKidnappedOne

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Americans who move to another country and think everything should be done the way it's done in the US. Drives me fucking crazy.
People seem to have forgotten the old adage:
"When in Rome, do as the Roman's do."

And that goes both ways, people going to foreign countries and those coming to your own. But the modern (re)progressives say that is racist and xenophobic, which is of course bs.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Americans who move to another country and think everything should be done the way it's done in the US. Drives me fucking crazy.

Ohh.. like all the hispanics who keep moving here SO THEY CAN KEEP SCREAMING SPANISH IN PUBLIC??????

It really doesn't matter what they're saying; it's always a screaming blur. If they really want to be Americans... THEY NEED TO SPEAK ENGLISH.

And all the Islamics that come here... and then wear their damn pajamas in public. :facepalm:

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My mother-in-law keeps lighting up her fucking cigarettes in the house. I have asthma and they make it hard for me to breath, even when she just lights up then takes it outside to smoke. I'm having to suck on my inhaler now. And the thing that pisses me off the most about it is that I can't even yell at her because she has dementia and doesn't remember or understand why she can't smoke in the house. Especially because she thinks I'm able to smoke in the house. She doesn't understand the difference between vaping and smoking and gets really irate that I can do it in the house but she has to go outside in the cold and snow. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

TheKidnappedOne

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My mother-in-law keeps lighting up her fucking cigarettes in the house. I have asthma and they make it hard for me to breath, even when she just lights up then takes it outside to smoke. I'm having to suck on my inhaler now. And the thing that pisses me off the most about it is that I can't even yell at her because she has dementia and doesn't remember or understand why she can't smoke in the house. Especially because she thinks I'm able to smoke in the house. She doesn't understand the difference between vaping and smoking and gets really irate that I can do it in the house but she has to go outside in the cold and snow. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
Vaping doesn't aggravate your asthma? I've heard some people say I can kick off a attack before, so I'm just surprised to see that someone can vape with asthma.

Last edited:

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping doesn't aggravate your asthma? I've heard some people say I can kick off a attack before, so I'm just surprised to see that someone can vape with asthma.

Nope, actually it seems to help for some odd reason. I don't have really bad asthma, it's only aggravated by exercise and smoke, it seems.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Maybe the throat punch would be better spent on her. :shades:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Nope, actually it seems to help for some odd reason. I don't have really bad asthma, it's only aggravated by exercise and smoke, it seems.

I have asthma, the adult-onset variety; had it for a bit over 30 yrs now. Actually vaping does bother my asthma a little, but I think it's probably because of the moisture of the vapor; I've always had a very hard time with my asthma when it's super-humid outside, as it is here in GA from about May to September. Before I vaped, when I smoked, I didn't use any medication except a Ventolin rescue inhaler. After I started vaping, I had to add Advair, to keep control, and I still wheeze more than I would like. But I can't see going back to smoking as anything but stupid, since 1) I no longer have that huge load of congestion in my lungs, and 2) when I'm sick now with cold/flu, it never really bothers my lungs at all -- what little coughing I may do is more because of throat tickles than lung congestion. But this is the major reason I have to vape so conservatively; little heat, little vapor, 15% or less VG.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe the throat punch would be better spent on her. :shades:

Sometimes, I think she's purposely defiant like a 2 year old. My husband think she's being a pill so we'll kick her out but there's no where else for her to go. She still thinks she can live on her own but she can't. Her short-term memory is non-existent at this stage. She'll walk into the store to buy her cigarettes, then walk back out without buying anything because she can't remember why she went in. And none of my husband's siblings can take care of her. They're all in other states and work so I'm the only one that can stay home with her. Ugh. For 20 years she's disliked me and now I have to take care of her.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
2) when I'm sick now with cold/flu

That's the problem I'm having today. My husband kindly shared his cold with me and it's just starting in my throat. I think that's why her smoke hit me particularly hard today and I've had to use my rescue inhaler so much that I'm literally shaking. :(

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes, I think she's purposely defiant like a 2 year old. My husband think she's being a pill so we'll kick her out but there's no where else for her to go. She still thinks she can live on her own but she can't. Her short-term memory is non-existent at this stage. She'll walk into the store to buy her cigarettes, then walk back out without buying anything because she can't remember why she went in. And none of my husband's siblings can take care of her. They're all in other states and work so I'm the only one that can stay home with her. Ugh. For 20 years she's disliked me and now I have to take care of her.

Damn, that truly would suck. And I'm sure you're aware... there will probably come a time when she'll need to be professionally cared-for; one of my grandmothers suffered Alzheimers, the other, ordinary senile dementia; both finally did wind up in a "home," because they weren't safe at home even with someone around to care for them. At least the Alzheimers grandmother only had to endure it for a few years, before the Alzheimers finally took her life; the senile-dementia grandmother endured it for nearly 15 yrs, till at the end she recognized no one, not ever her own children.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's the problem I'm having today. My husband kindly shared his cold with me and it's just starting in my throat. I think that's why her smoke hit me particularly hard today and I've had to use my rescue inhaler so much that I'm literally shaking. :(

I had what seemed to be the flu recently, but the only reason I knew it was flu was the fever -- I don't usually run a fever with just a cold, and I also had far less sinus congestion than I usually do with a cold. But this crud turned into a sinus infection, which seems to happen a lot since I started vaping; I think maybe the PG dries out my mucosa and makes it too easy for that shit to get started.

I have to accept that at some point I may well need to stop vaping, but so far, that's not a possibility, or I'd just go back to smoking. Maybe after I've been smoke-free for 5-ish yrs or so, I dunno.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Damn, that truly would suck. And I'm sure you're aware... there will probably come a time when she'll need to be professionally cared-for; one of my grandmothers suffered Alzheimers, the other, ordinary senile dementia; both finally did wind up in a "home," because they weren't safe at home even with someone around to care for them. At least the Alzheimers grandmother only had to endure it for a few years, before the Alzheimers finally took her life; the senile-dementia grandmother endured it for nearly 15 yrs, till at the end she recognized no one, not ever her own children.

Andria

Yeah, we're aware she'll need a home before too long. Probably a year or less. She doesn't remember who we are much of the time. She remembers one of my son's name but not the other, and often forgets they are my sons. She thinks my husband is her grandson rather than her son, and she often calls him by his father's name or forgets his name altogether. Physically, she's not too hard to take care of. She can take care of most of her needs by herself. I just have to make sure she is where she needs to be if she has to go somewhere, make sure she takes her meds on time and make sure to feed her. We have labels on all of the cupboards and cabinets, but she forgets to read them. She'll put something in the microwave and then can't figure out how to get it out. Definitely needs supervision when she is in the kitchen. Confuses the microwave with the toaster oven all the time. So I just try to make sure to feed her before she gets hungry and starts fiddling around in the kitchen. lol We also try to intercept the mail before she can get her hands on it. She had to file bankruptcy so she gets a LOT of junk mail about it, credit card offers, etc., and they confuse the hell out of her. Can't remember why she had to file for bankruptcy, what is is or what's going on. Then we have to spend a couple of hours with her asking about it every 5 minutes. So if we can get the mail before she does, we can make sure she doesn't get any of it and take care of it ourselves.

Never thought I'd be in this position. My husband worries because I have fibromyalgia and a few other maladies, and stress makes it much worse. I don't mind taking care of normally, it's just the smoking thing that makes me nuts. Sometimes, she'll stand in the doorway and smoke if it's raining outside or too cold, even when she does remember she's not supposed to. She's pretty defiant and insists she'll do whatever she wants in her own house that she pays for. But it's not her house and she doesn't pay for it, but is adamant that she does and that she's lived in this house for decades. *sigh*

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, we're aware she'll need a home before too long. Probably a year or less. She doesn't remember who we are much of the time. She remembers one of my son's name but not the other, and often forgets they are my sons. She thinks my husband is her grandson rather than her son, and she often calls him by his father's name or forgets his name altogether. Physically, she's not too hard to take care of. She can take care of most of her needs by herself. I just have to make sure she is where she needs to be if she has to go somewhere, make sure she takes her meds on time and make sure to feed her. We have labels on all of the cupboards and cabinets, but she forgets to read them. She'll put something in the microwave and then can't figure out how to get it out. Definitely needs supervision when she is in the kitchen. Confuses the microwave with the toaster oven all the time. So I just try to make sure to feed her before she gets hungry and starts fiddling around in the kitchen. lol We also try to intercept the mail before she can get her hands on it. She had to file bankruptcy so she gets a LOT of junk mail about it, credit card offers, etc., and they confuse the hell out of her. Can't remember why she had to file for bankruptcy, what is is or what's going on. Then we have to spend a couple of hours with her asking about it every 5 minutes. So if we can get the mail before she does, we can make sure she doesn't get any of it and take care of it ourselves.

Never thought I'd be in this position. My husband worries because I have fibromyalgia and a few other maladies, and stress makes it much worse. I don't mind taking care of normally, it's just the smoking thing that makes me nuts. Sometimes, she'll stand in the doorway and smoke if it's raining outside or too cold, even when she does remember she's not supposed to. She's pretty defiant and insists she'll do whatever she wants in her own house that she pays for. But it's not her house and she doesn't pay for it, but is adamant that she does and that she's lived in this house for decades. *sigh*

:hug:

Andria

TheKidnappedOne

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Never thought I'd be in this position.

This is what I do for a living right now, going into the homes of those that are elderly or handicapped.
The one client that I see the most of is 95yrs old, God love this women, she has so many stories, but it is all locked away, trapped within her mind like that, worse yet, it has effected her body as well, I have to bath her, take her to the restroom change a colostomy bag regularly, make her food. It is a grueling and thankless job that pays little. I honestly hate this disease to no end, I've told my wife if there is an option, that if I ever suffer like this end me, I would never want to live in such a state.
You could go so far as to say that Alzhiemers as a disease is a pet peeve of mine to the point of unbridled anger over how much of a sometimes great life it can destroy.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You have my deepest sympathies, truly.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is what I do for a living right now, going into the homes of those that are elderly or handicapped.
The one client that I see the most of is 95yrs old, God love this women, she has so many stories, but it is all locked away, trapped within her mind like that, worse yet, it has effected her body as well, I have to bath her, take her to the restroom change a colostomy bag regularly, make her food. It is a grueling and thankless job that pays little. I honestly hate this disease to no end, I've told my wife if there is an option, that if I ever suffer like this end me, I would never want to live in such a state.
You could go so far as to say that Alzhiemers as a disease is a pet peeve of mine to the point of unbridled anger over how much of a sometimes great life it can destroy.

My own genetic legacy containing both Alzheimers and senile dementia is why I will never stop using nicotine -- I'd like to keep my marbles firmly in place, even though I may live longer as a result of quitting smoking. Even if one day my asthma forces me to stop vaping, I expect I'll get the lowest-dose patch and use that, so I keep getting nicotine. At 3mg, I doubt I'm really "addicted" to it anymore, but it's much too useful a drug to eliminate just because a lot of smoke-nazis hate it.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I agree, it's such a terrible thing to see. My MIL still remembers things clearly from her past, the far past. She constantly tells me about when she was in high school, when she got married, her job as a teacher for a few years, her bowling team, stuff like that. Gets time periods confused, though. Thinks her husband just retired a few years ago, but he retired over 30 years ago. We try to avoid talking about him or anything that has to do with him, though. He died a year ago, and it's still painful for her to think about. She's 87 and in relatively good health, except for her mind. Her dementia was brought on by a series of micro-strokes over the past couple of years.

My elder son works as a CNA at an assisted care facility. He loves it. He used to work for a company that sent him to peoples' homes and he liked that a lot, but he likes the facility he works at now more. He loves his residents and gets really sad when he loses one.

God bless him and you and others like you that do such demanding work. I know it's a drain on your soul.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree, it's such a terrible thing to see. My MIL still remembers things clearly from her past, the far past. She constantly tells me about when she was in high school, when she got married, her job as a teacher for a few years, her bowling team, stuff like that. Gets time periods confused, though. Thinks her husband just retired a few years ago, but he retired over 30 years ago. We try to avoid talking about him or anything that has to do with him, though. He died a year ago, and it's still painful for her to think about. She's 87 and in relatively good health, except for her mind. Her dementia was brought on by a series of micro-strokes over the past couple of years.

My elder son works as a CNA at an assisted care facility. He loves it. He used to work for a company that sent him to peoples' homes and he liked that a lot, but he likes the facility he works at now more. He loves his residents and gets really sad when he loses one.

God bless him and you and others like you that do such demanding work. I know it's a drain on your soul.

I'm not really sure what is worse... someone who is fairly healthy yet has no "right mind" to speak of... or someone who *seems* to be in full possession of their faculties, yet obstinately refuses to do ANYTHING that would help their myriad severe health conditions, to the point that it finally kills them. My mom was the latter; dying at 75 due to severe complications of extreme diabetes... because she wouldn't eat ANYTHING except sugary sweets. It's really hard to watch someone willfully kill themselves that way, though they would seem otherwise to be an intelligent person.

And yeah, that's a major pet peeve of mine. She's gone because she wouldn't change in the SLIGHTEST. So I'm both grieving and mad as hell at her.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not really sure what is worse... someone who is fairly healthy yet has no "right mind" to speak of... or someone who *seems* to be in full possession of their faculties, yet obstinately refuses to do ANYTHING that would help their myriad severe health conditions, to the point that it finally kills them. My mom was the latter; dying at 75 due to severe complications of extreme diabetes... because she wouldn't eat ANYTHING except sugary sweets. It's really hard to watch someone willfully kill themselves that way, though they would seem otherwise to be an intelligent person.

And yeah, that's a major pet peeve of mine. She's gone because she wouldn't change in the SLIGHTEST. So I'm both grieving and mad as hell at her.

Andria

I know exactly what you mean. My mother died of cancer in her 60s. Why? Because she refused to go to a doctor except when it was extremely painful. All she did was down Tylenol by the handful, until it spread from her cervix to the rest of her body. She didn't trust doctors and she was stubborn as shit. So she died mostly alone because she had also alienated everyone in her life, including me and my brother. We got there on the last day before she died. We didn't even know about it until a few days before she died. I miss her but I'm also angry at her for a lot of things, not the least of which is the way she died.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I know exactly what you mean. My mother died of cancer in her 60s. Why? Because she refused to go to a doctor except when it was extremely painful. All she did was down Tylenol by the handful, until it spread from her cervix to the rest of her body. She didn't trust doctors and she was stubborn as shit. So she died mostly alone because she had also alienated everyone in her life, including me and my brother. We got there on the last day before she died. We didn't even know about it until a few days before she died. I miss her but I'm also angry at her for a lot of things, not the least of which is the way she died.

I confess, I'm a little bit that way myself, because it seems these days that docs have a pill for EVERYTHING, including all the problems that the pills you currently take are causing, repeat ad infinitum, and it's just fucked up. I have chest pain pretty often; it's probably something like angina, my dad had that, and I know already that one heart valve is marginally weaker than it should be, due to palpitations when I'm stressed out. But if I go to the doc and tell him about it, I already know what the outcome will mostly likely be:

1) go take some tests -- which I can't afford, since I have no insurance;
2) if I don't take the tests, the doc says he can't treat me anymore.
3) if I go ahead and go into major debt to take the tests, MAYBE they find something for which they have pill(s)... which I also can't afford: no insurance;
4) if I somehow manage to get the pills, they'll cause some other problem.. and the entire cycle starts again.

:facepalm:

I consider it better to just accept that my body is almost 56 yrs old, no one is immortal, and dying from a heart attack would be far more merciful than pretty much anything else I can think of. Far better to drop dead than waste away by inches with cancer or diabetes.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I consider it better to just accept that my body is almost 56 yrs old, no one is immortal, and dying from a heart attack would be far more merciful than pretty much anything else I can think of. Far better to drop dead than waste away by inches with cancer or diabetes.

Right there with ya. Everything I have wrong with me is chronic, painful and lifelong with no cure and very little treatment. I'm pretty much praying for death every day and wake up disappointed. :giggle: I'm not suicidal but am terrified that, somehow, I'll outlive my husband and have to deal with everything that comes after.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right there with ya. Everything I have wrong with me is chronic, painful and lifelong with no cure and very little treatment. I'm pretty much praying for death every day and wake up disappointed. :giggle: I'm not suicidal but am terrified that, somehow, I'll outlive my husband and have to deal with everything that comes after.

My husband is on notice that he HAS TO outlive me, so don't gimme any bullshit about taking those hypertension meds. :giggle: He *could* live without me; I simply could not continue to exist without him, and won't even try. I told him if he comes home and finds me on the floor half-dead, DO NOT call 911 unless I'm just bleeding or something. If it's something a surgeon could fix, then fine, fix it... if it's going to take pills pills and more pills and STILL wind up with me wasting away in bed.... KILL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My husband is on notice that he HAS TO outlive me, so don't gimme any bullshit about taking those hypertension meds. :giggle: He *could* live without me; I simply could not continue to exist without him, and won't even try. I told him if he comes home and finds me on the floor half-dead, DO NOT call 911 unless I'm just bleeding or something. If it's something a surgeon could fix, then fine, fix it... if it's going to take pills pills and more pills and STILL wind up with me wasting away in bed.... KILL ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

Yup, exactly the same. Although I do take quite a few pills already. :blech: I take more than my 87 year old MIL. Go figure.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup, exactly the same. Although I do take quite a few pills already. :blech: I take more than my 87 year old MIL. Go figure.

I don't take any prescription pills as a rule, unless I'm ill like the last week and need antibiotics. Took my last of the Z-pak last night. Only 6 pills, I can live with that, just hope the doc was right about them staying in the body and keeping on working for 2 wks, because I had a fever during the night, for sure. But I take a fair amount of OTC stuff... Zyrtec and 12-hr decongestant when I wake... 3 generic dramamine an hour before bedtime so I can sleep, and usuially one or two alleve as well, so i don't wake up feeling like I'd rather just amputate my right shoulder than live with it another minute; these "leg cramp pills" anytime those are being a pain in the ass. Ibuprofen as needed.. headaches, painful joints, etc.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't take any prescription pills as a rule, unless I'm ill like the last week and need antibiotics. Took my last of the Z-pak last night. Only 6 pills, I can live with that, just hope the doc was right about them staying in the body and keeping on working for 2 wks, because I had a fever during the night, for sure. But I take a fair amount of OTC stuff... Zyrtec and 12-hr decongestant when I wake... 3 generic dramamine an hour before bedtime so I can sleep, and usuially one or two alleve as well, so i don't wake up feeling like I'd rather just amputate my right shoulder than live with it another minute; these "leg cramp pills" anytime those are being a pain in the ass. Ibuprofen as needed.. headaches, painful joints, etc.

I have to take the ones I do. I have Grave's Disease, so had to have my thyroid radiated and now I have to take thyroid supplement. I take two pills that help take the edge off my fibro, not much but enough to keep me from slitting a wrist. One so I'm not constantly peeing myself as I limp to the bathroom. One for trigeminal neuralgia, also known as the suicide disease for good reason, and peripheral neuropathy. A vicodin to take the edge off enough so I can get to sleep at night (just one pill at night). Multivitamin, B12, calcium, iron and D3 due to malabsorption issues. And a stool softener because of all the meds like vicodin, calcium and iron. :blah:

Not sure why I keep waking up everyday. Not sure it's worth it. :giggle:

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

I don't see why it would, considering the carrier for nebulizer asthma medications is propylene glycol...

TheKidnappedOne

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't see why it would, considering the carrier for nebulizer asthma medications is propylene glycol...
My thought was more to the nicotine(if there is any) and the flavoring causing issues.
I guess a lot of it has more to do per person and how easily a attack is triggered, than anything.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Maybe in nebulizers, but not in regular inhalers anymore. I think it used to be in regular inhalers though. I know when I first started using Proventil, it made me cough a lot. Maybe that's why I didn't cough when I started vaping, I was already used to inhaling something slightly irritating to the throat (other than smoke!).

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My thought was more to the nicotine(if there is any) and the flavoring causing issues.
I guess a lot of it has more to do per person and how easily a attack is triggered, than anything.

Yes... I've always been a big fan of TH, but it's a razor's edge; too little and I'm not satisfied, too much and I cough my head off. It has to be just right. I started using FA Flash even when I was using 10mg, but I was fresh off cigarettes then. As time has gone by, my tolerance/desire for TH has lessened somewhat, but that's probably a good thing, since I'm down to 3mg now. Still use Flash, thjough. :D My Achilles RDA delivers good TH even at <10w, which was what originally started me decreasing my nic levels. I kept decreasing them and the sky didn't fall, so I keep dropping. No plans to go any lower than 3mg though.

Andria

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is an extreme pet peeve.

When adults forget their young child /children in the vehicle, if it is hot or cold.

This happened last year. It was a hot day, in a parking lot, get out of the vehicle and seen three children in a vehicle, all three were young, one sitting in a baby/toddler car seat in back seat, one sitting beside the car seat, the third in front passenger seat. The car was running with the ac going. I don't give a flying f*ck if the car was running with ac on, if any of the children would have accidentally put the car in motion, who the hell knows what could have happened.
I called the police, waited for the cops to show up, right when the cops arrived, the mother, I use that word loosely, just got out to her vehicle. I don't know what happened except for the mother left in the vehicle and the cops left.

On Sunday March 19th 2017, it was in the 90's in KS, there was already dumb ass stupid parents who left their child in the vehicle while they went inside. Neither one of the parents realized they left their child in the vehicle. Once they found out neither one removed the child from the vehicle, they go outside and found the child unresponsive.
The boy was taken to St. Catherine Hospital, was stabilized and then transported to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. Further details were not provided.

What the hell is wrong with people!

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has everyone been taking snark pills lately???

Andria
I think so. Maybe its in the water.
If you wish, but belittling a request for clarification is a sign of a weak mind.

It was fairly straight forward, the point I made, about immigrants all over the world expecting their new place to cater to their old ways. The "why'd you leave" was a rhetorical question highlighting the stupidity of such actions.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes... I've always been a big fan of TH, but it's a razor's edge; too little and I'm not satisfied, too much and I cough my head off. It has to be just right. I started using FA Flash even when I was using 10mg, but I was fresh off cigarettes then. As time has gone by, my tolerance/desire for TH has lessened somewhat, but that's probably a good thing, since I'm down to 3mg now. Still use Flash, thjough. :D My Achilles RDA delivers good TH even at <10w, which was what originally started me decreasing my nic levels. I kept decreasing them and the sky didn't fall, so I keep dropping. No plans to go any lower than 3mg though.

Andria

I'm much the same as far as TH. A little I can handle, a little more than a little and I'm having coughing fits. I've tried a couple of tea juices that is like trying to suck down hot sand, so I've decided to stay away from teas altogether now. I just got a coffee that is a little harsh but mixed 50/50 with a vanilla cream, it's manageable. I never vape more than 3mg nic. I'm interested more in flavor than TH or massive clouds. Actually, because of my MIL's issues with me vaping, the fewer clouds I can produce, the better. I always keep a fan blowing to disburse the ones I make and blow over the other side of the sofa away from her. :teehee:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think so. Maybe its in the water.

It was fairly straight forward, the point I made, about immigrants all over the world expecting their new place to cater to their old ways. The "why'd you leave" was a rhetorical question highlighting the stupidity of such actions.

I get it. I tend to be a bit literal at times. My reference was aimed at just Americans though. I've spent 25 of the last 29 years overseas in 6 countries. Here in the UAE there are people from just about everywhere with Brits and Americans the 1st and 2nd largest groups of westerners. Some of them, particularly those who are living abroad for the first time, bring a particular brand of arrogance not seen in other groups. It's a demanding, inconsiderate and intolerant approach to other cultures. Case in point is we've had an influx of Americans over the last 5-7 years, mainly school teachers. Many of them insist on dressing the same way they do at home. The locals, and many others, are appalled by their choices. When seen in the context of this culture, it's unattractive and perceived as low class and engenders no respect. Yet, they insist that they have the "right" to dress the way they want. They don't seem to understand that those rights don't exist here, it's not America. The Emiratis, as a whole, are very tolerant people, but not all of them. Anyway, I had run into one of them and that had brought on my comment. I was not implying all Americans, just those who behave that way. Btw, my wife's a Brit, so I've earned the right to criticize them.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is an extreme pet peeve.

When adults forget their young child /children in the vehicle, if it is hot or cold.

This happened last year. It was a hot day, in a parking lot, get out of the vehicle and seen three children in a vehicle, all three were young, one sitting in a baby/toddler car seat in back seat, one sitting beside the car seat, the third in front passenger seat. The car was running with the ac going. I don't give a flying f*ck if the car was running with ac on, if any of the children would have accidentally put the car in motion, who the hell knows what could have happened.
I called the police, waited for the cops to show up, right when the cops arrived, the mother, I use that word loosely, just got out to her vehicle. I don't know what happened except for the mother left in the vehicle and the cops left.

On Sunday March 19th 2017, it was in the 90's in KS, there was already dumb ass stupid parents who left their child in the vehicle while they went inside. Neither one of the parents realized they left their child in the vehicle. Once they found out neither one removed the child from the vehicle, they go outside and found the child unresponsive.
The boy was taken to St. Catherine Hospital, was stabilized and then transported to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. Further details were not provided.

What the hell is wrong with people!

I attempted to leave my child in the car only once; he was about 6 months old, it was night, and raining, in Michigan, so a bit chilly as well as wet; I needed to run into Little Caesars to pick up a pizza that we'd ordered ahead of time. I parked directly in front of the store, and since he was sleeping in his carseat and it was raining, I thought, I'll lock the car and run in, won't take a sec, he'll be fine. While standing there waiting on the teenager who appeared to be suffering some sort of retardation on the operation of a cash register, I glanced out -- and saw him screaming his head off. So, naturally, I ran out and got him, rain and all, and fuck all the imbeciles in the shop giving me dirty looks because my baby was raising hell. That was the first AND last time I ever tried that -- it's just not worth it, if it distresses the child that much. You just never know what kind of slowass dipshit you're going to be dealing with, while your child(ren) await(s).

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh, and I meant to add -- when I brought my screaming baby inside, that dimwit teenager suddenly LEARNED to operate that fucking cash register! A screaming baby is a GREAT motivator to EVERYONE, to HURRY THE FUCK UP AND STOP WASTING MY TIME!!!!!!!! :giggle:

Andria

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get it. I tend to be a bit literal at times. My reference was aimed at just Americans though. I've spent 25 of the last 29 years overseas in 6 countries. Here in the UAE there are people from just about everywhere with Brits and Americans the 1st and 2nd largest groups of westerners. Some of them, particularly those who are living abroad for the first time, bring a particular brand of arrogance not seen in other groups. It's a demanding, inconsiderate and intolerant approach to other cultures. Case in point is we've had an influx of Americans over the last 5-7 years, mainly school teachers. Many of them insist on dressing the same way they do at home. The locals, and many others, are appalled by their choices. When seen in the context of this culture, it's unattractive and perceived as low class and engenders no respect. Yet, they insist that they have the "right" to dress the way they want. They don't seem to understand that those rights don't exist here, it's not America. The Emiratis, as a whole, are very tolerant people, but not all of them. Anyway, I had run into one of them and that had brought on my comment. I was not implying all Americans, just those who behave that way. Btw, my wife's a Brit, so I've earned the right to criticize them.
Everything you described there, down to the dressing, I've seen here among other immigrants. I was in agreement with you on how rude it is (though I don't think clothing choices should matter all that much, specially among tourists). Was just pointing out that it happens here, to just as much of an extreme. The difference is, people here are afraid to voice their dislike because of our overly sensitive PC environment. One would be labeled as racist or intolerant.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems like westerners are always in the wrong. If we go to other countries and don't try to blend in with their culture, we're arrogant. If we have any thoughts or expectations of foreigners to try and fit in here, we're arrogant. I'd suggest to pick one. If people think westerners are just inherently arrogant they can find something fat and suck it. Plenty of foreigners come to the states looking for preferential treatment and to accommodate their 'ways' so the ignorance and arrogance goes both ways.

I'm also not one way on it, while I'd certainly appreciate people to respect our ways (within reason) and speak english here in the u.s., I would extend the same respect to other countries. Try and speak their language (or give it a good effort), attempt to respect their customs if it means wearing different clothing, wearing a hat, taking shoes off inside a building etc.

As for pet peeves, simplistic shit that doesn't work right. An extension of the 'you had one job to do and you fucked up' mantra. I expect cutting edge tech to have 'quirks'. What I don't expect is simple things once mastered like batteries to fail spectacularly, basic devices to break in weeks or more recently, for power cords to just up and take a shit.

Sitting on the couch watching some t.v., lights turned down low and I catch a whiff of something fowl. Acrid burning and thought oh shit! I'd just taken a vape so I look at the screen on my mod to see if it looks like it's firing still. Nope. Sniffed the drip tip, wasn't wick burning. Thought oh hell no, my batteries are trying to go ballistic. You'd be surprised how fast I can yank an alien out of a silicone sleeve, flick the cover open and fling the batteries out. Nope, they were nice and cool. WTF. Look down and I see what looks like the cherry of a cigarette glowing by my feet so I stamped the hell out of it, turned on the light and saw it was the power cord to the oil radiator space heater. Yanked the plug outta the wall and doused the burning rug with some water.

Apparently the power cord decided to short and melted through the insulation. It melted a small hole in the bottom of my crocs where I stamped it out, left about a 2" burnt spot with a 1" hole in the rug. This was the warranty exchange I got for the first heater that on 'high' started melting the plug at the outlet a couple winters ago. Fuckin deathtraps. Needless to say that's the last delonghi product I buy. Other brands have similar heaters for $30-50, I've used radiator oil heaters for decades. Spent $100 on this piece of shit and it tried to burn the fucking house down - twice. The concept has been around for what, 50, 60, 70yrs? Leave it to the wonders of the 21st century to fuck it up.

I hear people in general griping when things like science programs have their funding cut, I look around me and think 'seriously?'. When science and engineering actually begin to make progress rather than regressing then we'll see about fattening the pockets of such programs. It's about as ridiculous as fucking up at your job then having the balls to ask the boss for a raise.

Maybe I need a pin with this on it and just wear it like a badge every day. lmao.
grinds-my-gears.jpg

VU Sponsors