Become a Patron!

Random dry hits, and then they disappear?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm used to rebuilding, but I just got an Eleaf Ijust 2 and decided to just start buying heads instead.

I've been on the same head since I got the device about two days ago, and it's been amazing. But today out of nowhere I started getting dry hits and got pissed because everyone says stock heads last at least a week. At that brief window of dry hits/burnt taste (whatever you call it), I was taking short drags a few minutes apart, with the tank full and standing up. And then the dry hits stop happening and the coil tastes fine again...

So why does that happen? I was about to put in a new head thinking it was done, and then it works fine. I just find it weird because I chain vape a lot, but at the one moment where I'm taking it easy, it tastes burnt.

Also, any tips to lengthen the life of heads? I've been vaping for almost a year and rebuilding since the beginning until now, so I'm a newbie with stock heads.

The Ocelot

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What is the pg/vg ratio you are using? It sounds like a wicking issue. Even chain vaping is no guarantee the head will stay wet.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What is the pg/vg ratio you are using? It sounds like a wicking issue. Even chain vaping is no guarantee the head will stay wet.
I usually use all PG, but at the time I was trying a 50 50. It still doesn't make sense though because earlier that day I was chain vaping on the 50 50 and the wicking was keeping up, but I got the dry hits after leaving the tank standing up without vaping for an hour. (It's a bottom coil).

VapeDogg22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, any tips to lengthen the life of heads? I've been vaping for almost a year and rebuilding since the beginning until now, so I'm a newbie with stock heads.

I don't have any tips on lengthening the life of coil heads, but with the Subtank you should be able to get 45ml of e-juice of so out of each one.

Anyone know if a lower wattage will help get more life out the coils?

VU Sponsors