Quick Question

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all,

Anyone know how long my ecig will take to charge?

I got an 1100mah eGo T battery.

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ask because I got home around 3 and a half hours ago, put it on charge as I did and it's still not finished!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Been quite a while since I have used one of them but I am thinking they should be charged by now.

4 hours tops.

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. There may be a fault then because I've had it on for around 5 now. (started charging at around 4:50PM and it's now 9:46 at the time of posting) and the little red light still hasn't gone green :/

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am thinking that you may have a problem.

Check to make sure all the connections are tight and whatever you do don't leave it unattended!

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Possibly. I'll take it into the store I bought it at and ask what he thinks. Also (I am a noob so please forgive me) But why do I need to keep an eye on it?

D

Donald Bickers

Possibly. I'll take it into the store I bought it at and ask what he thinks. Also (I am a noob so please forgive me) But why do I need to keep an eye on it?
I would say its a possible fire hazard,when your charging you know they get warm sometimes,if you have a faulty charger or battery that could turn into a fire.
imo you should never leave a battery charging unattended

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

While it is rare, batteries can go Boom or catch fire if you mistreat them or somehow manage to overcharge them.

This can happen to ANY type of battery. Cell phone, laptop, cordless drill, ANYTHING.

Me, I keep my charging station beside my comfy chair either in my office or living room and it is disconnected if I leave the area for an extended period of time or go to bed.

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok thanks for the tips guys! I have actually noticed that the when I vape it has been getting hotter and hotter. Think that might have something to do with it?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Ok thanks for the tips guys! I have actually noticed that the when I vape it has been getting hotter and hotter. Think that might have something to do with it?

IMHO, not a good thing. Take it back to where you got it from and see what they say. Hopfully they will take care of it for you as something is definitely not right.

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Will do. Thanks for all the help people! :) Do you think it's safe to use until I can get it back there?

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know. I just used the charger that came in the box with the battery

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had ego's take 5-6 hours (1100mah, 1500mah). Had a low amperage wall charger (320mah) instead of a 500 mah charger..

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Kinda thinking that it is a generic charger AKA 0.5 mAh.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a 1300 mAh. When I first got it, it was probably about 5 hours. I re-charge when I get home from work each night at about 1.5 hours. On occasion it totally drains. About 3hours then.

Sir Fluffy Whiskers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I took it to the vendor today and he said that the charger may be faulty and he replaced it for me free of charge :)

VU Sponsors