Become a Patron!

Questions about Wattage

Kris16

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I ordered a Sigelei 150 W and I am going to use a Mutation X V2 RDA on it with Sony VTC5 batteries, and my target is to have about 0.3-.7 ohm build. I was just wondering is there a max number of watts i can take it or can I take it as high as it goes. Whats the difference between the watts can someone please explain? Thanks in advance.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Use the Ohm's law formula as a starting point, with the standard for mech mods... 4.2V as you constant.
  • For wattage ("Power") the formula is V² ÷ Ω = P.
  • For amperage ("Current") the formula is V ÷ Ω = C.
So, for your 0.3Ω build, start with 59 watts... and go up from there, until it's vaping where you like it, or is burning wick... which ever comes first. :rolleyes:

Remember that calculated wattage doesn't care about your wire gauge or coils in parallel count... just the net resistance and battery voltage.

Heat flux does care about the wire gauge (and net surface area), coils in parallel count and net resistance, and is directly affected by them, both together and independently.
Heat flux is the coil(s) radiant heat, expressed in milliwatts per millimeter of coil surface area... squared. For our purposes... it's simply how warm you perceive your vape to be.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks man I really appreciate it :D
No problem, Kris. Click on my sigline links below... you can use Steam engine to quantify and optimize build/wattage combinations.

VU Sponsors