Become a Patron!

Questions about Amp

Hi, I’m kinda new to vaping, and I just bought my second Mod which is Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 dual.

In the website, it said we should use high rated 18650 battery with discharging current should be above 2.5A.

So my questions are:
1. What is high rated cells?
2. What is “discharging current should be above 2.5A” meaning?
3. Right now, I’m using Sony 18650 3000 mAh 3.7V for my Smoant Naboo, can I use this batteries for my Wismec?

NB: I’m a low wattage vaper. I usually use 40-45 watt for creamy liquids and 45-50 watts for fruity liquids.

Would appreciate your helps!

Thanks!
Mike

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
"high rated" means, basicly, that its a good battery. DO NOT buy batteries on ebay/etc, DO NOT. next time you buy, get them here =
https://liionwholesale.com/. this place only sells quality batteries = they test them. trust me.
go buy some of those $3.50 batteries.
high rated also means higher amps, there are flashlight batteries that shouldn't be used for vape.

2. that means how much power it safely puts out.

3. thats the white sticker label, peel that off and post what it says. where did you get them ?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the OP misread and it is 25A cells.
Depends on how high a wattage you vape 20 A cells will be fine if you do not go over 150W
The 20 amp HG2 cells at Liion wholesale are only 3.50 each right now. A very good buy.
And if you vape at under 100 watts will have more vape time per charge than the 25A cells.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Do 18650 cells exist that are 2.5A?

I got the batteries from the best vape shop in my area that only sells authentic stuffs. I think that’s a good bsttery, bought them for $10 each. It’s the green coloured one. Is it okay to peel the sticker off?

The specs on Wismec web who said it that the battery should be above 2.5A.

So the conclusion is my batteries should has much more ampere than that, am i correct?

Still don’t get it with this Amp stuff...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is from the Wismec page for the mod you have. It says 25A.

Wismec Reuleaux.jpg

Maybe you confused the discharge rate with the charge rate. Charge rate is 2.0A.

Can you type out any numbers and/or letters that are on your battery, or post a close-up picture of it please?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the batteries from the best vape shop in my area that only sells authentic stuffs. I think that’s a good bsttery, bought them for $10 each.

Here's the rub. When you buy batteries from a vape shop you really can't be sure about them. Batteries are a massive counterfeit market and they can be dangerous. You also paid too much for those batteries. If you buy them from the trusted companies like Lion, Illumn, etc you're going to get authentic batteries for 30-40% less than what you paid.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
peel-the-sticker-off. then post a good pic of what is under it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it prolly came from an alternate universe. so if you can't find anything on it, then it does not exist.
Ohh it came from a Chinese company but I cannot find anything on that cell.
It could be a 2.5 amp cell or a 20 amp cell no way to know.
I do doubt that it is a 25 amp cell though as there are not many of them.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You need a good nozzle to soar.

A decent kite is good to have as well. I'm meaning hang glider but saying kite. Not been on a glider but have used a chute a few times before. I'm told a glider is a better experience. Either way you're airborne and soaring. :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those appear to be 25 Amp batteries. I have similar batteries myself right down to the green wrapper. IIrc, they're 25 amp batteries. Been a bit since I bought them from IMR batteries online.
Umm I do not believe there are any 25 amp 3000 mah 18650's.
At least not green ones.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

In looking at the batteries at Liion Wholesaler, that appears to be a Sony VTC6. Here's what it says on the website. Somoone who knows please clarify what the 15A-30A CDR means. This battery is only rated at 30A "with temperature cutoff circuitry" which sounds to me like "inside a battery pack with additional protection in it." Otherwise rated at 15A.

begin quote:

Genuine Sony US18650VTC6 3000mAh batteries, also known as the VTC 6. These are a great competitor to the LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q. These batteries are all fresh stock with manufacturing codes within the last few months. The problem is there are many counterfeits on the market these are guaranteed to be genuine. We've done extensive testing to be sure they're authentic VTC6 so you can be confident you've got the real thing.

Please note that these are transitioning to saying Murata on them due to Murata buying Sony's rechargeable battery division. At this time you may receive Sony VTC6 or Murata VTC6 batteries.

Sony VTC6 Official Specifications Datasheet

Quick specs:

• Chemistry: NMC
  • Max continuous discharge current: 30A (with temperature cutoff circuitry at 80 degrees C)
  • Max continous discharge current without temperature cut: 15A
  • Style: Flat top
  • Approximate Height: 65mm +/- 0.2mm
  • Approximate Diameter: 18.35mm +0.15/-0.2 mm
  • Weight: 46.6g +/-1.5g
  • Nominal capacity: 3120mAh
  • Rated Capacity: 3000mAh
  • Voltage: 3.6V
  • Maximum charge voltage: 4.25V (see specification)
  • Not protected
  • Origin: Japan/Malaysia
  • Alternate Names: VCT6, VCT 6, VTC6, US18650VTC6, US18650VCT6
end quote

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes with battery pack temp sensors and control cirtuitry the battery can push 30A for a brief time.

For mod use the battery is 15 amps and maybe as high as 20A.
Check mooch test results his ratings are all for mod/vaping use.
the high temp sensors in mods are for the chipset not the battery. They are too far from the battery to give accurate results. IN battery packs the sensors are typically against the battery.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
yes with battery pack temp sensors and control cirtuitry the battery can push 30A for a brief time.

For mod use the battery is 15 amps and maybe as high as 20A.
Check mooch test results his ratings are all for mod/vaping use.
the high temp sensors in mods are for the chipset not the battery. They are too far from the battery to give accurate results.

Sold to OP, a new vaper, by the best vape shop in his area.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's the highest wattage you'll ever vape? If it is 90 watts or below, then a pair of these VTC6 batteries in the Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual will be just fine. A quick rule of thumb to calculate battery safety for regulated mods is to take the Continuous Discharge Rating (CDR) of the battery as tested by Mooch, which is 15 amps for the VTC6, and multiply it by 3 so this equals 45 watts per battery, i.e., aiming for relative safety you can vape up to a maximum of 90 watts with a pair of these VTC6 batteries. As for the performance, if the wattage you vape is fairly close to 90 watts and/or if you chain vape a lot, then the better choice of battery to use would be the Molicel P26A.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors