Become a Patron!

Question regarding duration of batteries in a 50 watt device, and requesting opinions.

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like the title says.
I am interested in anyone who actually has a 50 watt device experiences using a single 18650 in comparison to dual 18650's in parallel when vaping at 50 watts.
What's the vape time for a single VTC5 at 50 watts?
I am guessing that dual VTC5s would give you double the mAh so in theory double the vape time (Don't know though so feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

And the important question:
If you wanted a device that can go to 50 watts would you be willing to carry extra batteries to swap out (if no tools were needed to do so) or would you rather have a larger device that can hold dual 18650s or a 26650 for more vape time at the expense of ergonomics of the device?
Also if you had a 50 watt device how often would you vape it at 50 watts?
I enjoy a good sub Ohm coil on my mech mods with drippers from time to time but the majority of my vaping is between 14-20 watts.

Just trying to get a feel of the 'average vaper' in regards to the balance between ergonomics of a device vs. duration of vape time vs. carrying extra batteries, and if someone would vape a 50 watt device at maximum all the time or not.

Thanks

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
keep in mind too that the minimum wattage on most of these devices is around 7 watts, so no more economy vaping in the 4-6w range... :confused:

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The chip I actually have in mind is the SX350 which can fire down to 5 watts.
The ability to vape between 5-50 watts from .2 to 3 Ohm coils appeals to me.
Sometimes I feel like a nut, and sometimes I don't :)

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like the title says.
I am interested in anyone who actually has a 50 watt device experiences using a single 18650 in comparison to dual 18650's in parallel when vaping at 50 watts.
What's the vape time for a single VTC5 at 50 watts?
I am guessing that dual VTC5s would give you double the mAh so in theory double the vape time (Don't know though so feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

And the important question:
If you wanted a device that can go to 50 watts would you be willing to carry extra batteries to swap out (if no tools were needed to do so) or would you rather have a larger device that can hold dual 18650s or a 26650 for more vape time at the expense of ergonomics of the device?
Also if you had a 50 watt device how often would you vape it at 50 watts?
I enjoy a good sub Ohm coil on my mech mods with drippers from time to time but the majority of my vaping is between 14-20 watts.

Just trying to get a feel of the 'average vaper' in regards to the balance between ergonomics of a device vs. duration of vape time vs. carrying extra batteries, and if someone would vape a 50 watt device at maximum all the time or not.

Thanks
I have seen people on youtube vaping at 30w and was suitably impressed.. Im new to DIY.. so 50w.. ALL th time? wow.. Id be afraid that would melt something. (No offense meant)

Galaxyrider

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
keep in mind too that the minimum wattage on most of these devices is around 7 watts, so no more economy vaping in the 4-6w range... :confused:
LOL.. I love it.. "Economy Vaping".. if its less than $300/mo its cheaper than my old cigarette habit! I can see someone buying clones instead of the genuine article.. but I keep my mod with me all th time, yes, even at work. I think Im a rather heavy vaper.. even tho Im not sub ohming yet, and I figure that to be just a few cents a day. Of course, I make my own e juice and wrap my own coils... but still thats like less than a dollar a day.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't wait to get my IPV 50 Watt box if nothing else I can shock my dogs when they are bad :)

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't wait to get my IPV 50 Watt box if nothing else I can shock my dogs when they are bad :)
Now that right there got a chuckle from me.
The decision has been made and I am proceeding.
50 watts one 18650 that's easy to change without tools.
I have to agree with galaxyrider. I don't see a big call for vaping at 50 watts all the time but it is nice to have the option to do so.

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a Cana DNA 30 and use it at near 30 watts all day long and never have to change the battery or be without it.. Pass-Thru charging is the whole point of a device like this.. Armed with a small 5 to 7K mAh 1A USB port cellphone battery charging battery I have near 10,000 mAh of battery to use during the day.. The IPV2 will be no different.. To each their own but this is how I roll.. Battery in the pocket and mod in hand with a wire leading back to my pocket.. Brilliant if not geekishly stylish too o_O..

Last edited:

Nicoroshi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree one cannot have too many options Vapor Zen. The SX350 comes with a charger pre-wired :)

Vapor Zen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really liking the looks of the new IPV2 Nicoroshi.. The charging ports on the bottom however and that to me is just stupid,, I may just build my own in time.. Building CNA 30 dual 18650's right now.. Fun Fun :cool:

Last edited:

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have two 18650 sony vtc4's for my IPV2. I charge one while I use the other. When I want to avoid the battery removal (and those tiny screws) I use the USB to charge. It is MUCH slower (obviously) but it is safe. NOT recommended to vape while charging though.
I was encouraged to use a 30 amp battery on this unit, nothing smaller.
I wonder if any of the 35 am or higher mah batteries would make any difference.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you go to http:/STEAM-ENGINE.org there is a battery drain tab that gives all the specs. It is a very cool site with ohm calculations, juice recipe formula, coil building formula, etc. Wonderful resource.
While I am at it check out http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/ It has a visual formula guide for coil building. Sort of works like an APP. Very handy

VU Sponsors