Become a Patron!

Question on watts and flavor?

arrowcrest

Member For 4 Years
Hi , I am now using a Ace Smoke 15 watt max unit with a Aspire Nautils tank. I have a Kangertech sub mini combo on the way. My question is if I am vaping say Kringles Curse in the Smoke at 9 watts and then put the same juice in the Kangertech at a higher wattage will I get better flavor and clouds? I make my own juice and would really appreciate any and all advice. Oh I mix most of my flavors at 50/50 and like a sweet and cool vape.
Thank You For Reading

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See below Kanger Subox wattage guide. I get good flavor between 16-20 watts with a 0.9 ohm coil in the rba section right now.

Attachments

• watts.jpg
    watts.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 46

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi , I am now using a Ace Smoke 15 watt max unit with a Aspire Nautils tank. I have a Kangertech sub mini combo on the way. My question is if I am vaping say Kringles Curse in the Smoke at 9 watts and then put the same juice in the Kangertech at a higher wattage will I get better flavor and clouds? I make my own juice and would really appreciate any and all advice. Oh I mix most of my flavors at 50/50 and like a sweet and cool vape.
Thank You For Reading
Get JUICE ME Up. It's Free. If you can count on your fingers & toes, you have it made. Wonderful start. :cool:

arrowcrest

Member For 4 Years
Get JUICE ME Up. It's Free. If you can count on your fingers & toes, you have it made. Wonderful start. :cool:
Thanks , I have juice me up and use it on all my mixes.
See below Kanger Subox wattage guide. I get good flavor between 16-20 watts with a 0.9 ohm coil in the rba section right now.
Thanks for answering. My combo Box should be here in a couple of days. Is the coil you are using the one it comes with? And have you found a certain PG/VG ratio that works best with that coil for flavor?

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks , I have juice me up and use it on all my mixes.

Thanks for answering. My combo Box should be here in a couple of days. Is the coil you are using the one it comes with? And have you found a certain PG/VG ratio that works best with that coil for flavor?

I like to build my own coils and have not tried any of the pre-made ones. I've found that 2mm diameter with 5-7 wraps works best in the rba.
My juices are store bought 50-70 percent VG but mostly I only have been running 50/50 fruit flavors in the subtank.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to build my own coils and have not tried any of the pre-made ones. I've found that 2mm diameter with 5-7 wraps works best in the rba.
My juices are store bought 50-70 percent VG but mostly I only have been running 50/50 fruit flavors in the subtank.
Nothing wrong with that. Besides, Women, Motorcycles, Beer, Rock & Roll are other hobby's I have where I can Vape at the same time. It's a great all around hobby. :):cool:

arrowcrest

Member For 4 Years
Have you rebuilt any of the verticle coils?

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you rebuilt any of the verticle coils?
From what I understand, you can put a old style horizontal coil rebuild in the new OCC vertical cartridges. I haven't tried yet because the rba unit is so easy to build on. I don't really see the point unless you have a subtank nano.

As a side note, I have recently discovered that using kanthal thinner than 26g in the little rba results in too hot a vape for me. I stick to 26g and 2.5mm diameter now to keep the temp down. Current coil is 0.9 ohms 8 wrap micro.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors