Become a Patron!

question on duel macros

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to build some duel macros but im not sure if my istick30 can fire them.the point to macros is bigger gauge wire wrapped on a bigger drill bit or what have you.My question is can I use 24g to make duel macros or would the resistance be to low for my mod?

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
As long as you use an ohm reader and are certain the istick30 can fire as low as you are wanting to build ( easiest way for me to confirm is to build one coil of the two and check the resistance, then divide by half, that will give you a baseline for what it would be with two of the same coil ).

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright thanx,its not really about how low I want to go,it doesn't matter to much about subohms........I mainly looking for a flavor build.......any other suggestions

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
24 gauge will be slower to heat than 26, 28, 30....

With a limitation of 30 watts max, I would probably build a 1.0 total build dual coil.

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Resistance is achieved by the length of wire. You can build to whatever resistance with any gauge. The only difference is if you build low with a higher gauge like 28 it takes less wire than if you build to the same resistance with lower gauge 22-24. 24g macros around a 3.0mm screwdriver work very well for me personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
people have different ideas of "flavor builds"

for me its somewhere between 0.5-1.0 ohms. macro coils are more for clouds bc of the huge diameter lots of juice can sit inside for when all that power hits it doesnt dry out. try dual micros 2mm for flavor. (fresh juice = better flavor) maybe 28 or 26 gauge and you should be great on a 30w device.

my go to build as of late has been about 8 wraps of 28g around 2mm dual coil and it gets me around .65 which fires perfectly on both my regulated devices and mechs with amazing flavor

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My favorite for flavor right now is a .5ish ohm parallel with 24g around a 2.4mm screwdriver in my derringer RDA

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Resistance is achieved by the length of wire. You can build to whatever resistance with any gauge. The only difference is if you build low with a higher gauge like 28 it takes less wire than if you build to the same resistance with lower gauge 22-24. 24g macros around a 3.0mm screwdriver work very well for me personally.

So shorter length is lower ohms? Or vise versa?

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
people have different ideas of "flavor builds"

for me its somewhere between 0.5-1.0 ohms. macro coils are more for clouds bc of the huge diameter lots of juice can sit inside for when all that power hits it doesnt dry out. try dual micros 2mm for flavor. (fresh juice = better flavor) maybe 28 or 26 gauge and you should be great on a 30w device.

my go to build as of late has been about 8 wraps of 28g around 2mm dual coil and it gets me around .65 which fires perfectly on both my regulated devices and mechs with amazing flavor
I have a micro running now and I have to say flavor is great but I feel like I can get more flavor out of my rda...its a freakshow.....

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Freakshow is said to have great flavor, don't have one so I don't know personally. What resistance do you like to build to see if I can give you some advice on a trial build

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Freakshow is said to have great flavor, don't have one so I don't know personally. What resistance do you like to build to see if I can give you some advice on a trial build

Oh man if your a flavor chaser its blow everything else I tried out of the water...very good for flavor.......but I like to stick around .3 give or take a little bit.the istick30 seams to shine there.or to me it does

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you considered the freakshow mini? Supposedly even better flavor!! Anywho for a .3ohm build I would do a 24g parallel 3mm diameter 6wrap, should come to about .29-.31 run it at 30w and it should be a relatively cool vape. Plenty of flavor! Have you wrapped a parallel coil yet?

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you considered the freakshow mini? Supposedly even better flavor!! Anywho for a .3ohm build I would do a 24g parallel 3mm diameter 6wrap, should come to about .29-.31 run it at 30w and it should be a relatively cool vape. Plenty of flavor! Have you wrapped a parallel coil yet?

No I haven't wrapped a parallel yet.and yes I have seen the freakshow mini im waiting for the local shop to get them in stock.I hear great things on flavor about the mini

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No I haven't wrapped a parallel yet.and yes I have seen the freakshow mini im waiting for the local shop to get them in stock.I hear great things on flavor about the mini
Give that build a try and let me know what you think. Here's a tutorial in case you need it.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yes im waiting for the local shop to get them in stock and no I haven't wrapped a parallel yet but what better time then now

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Give that build a try and let me know what you think. Here's a tutorial in case you need it.

Thanks Ill give it shot .....will update after I build it.gotta run by the shop to get supplies after work

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have a good day bud

OH MY GOD .....I would have posted my update but......I killed my istick 30.......well I did build a parallel coil and it worked .....worked great but my mod got hot as fuck so I decided to build two macros .............kept say atomizer to low.....then it went to saying atomizer short.....and then it died.......but no worries getting a new mod on Tuesday

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OH MY GOD .....I would have posted my update but......I killed my istick 30.......well I did build a parallel coil and it worked .....worked great but my mod got hot as fuck so I decided to build two macros .............kept say atomizer to low.....then it went to saying atomizer short.....and then it died.......but no worries getting a new mod on Tuesday
What did you order?

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sucks about the istick!!

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well as much as I hate to say it I'm getting the istick50w. I have read that the pin is a weak spot on the istick mods when they first came out......I had mine preordered.so ime going to give eleaf the benefit of the doubt that it was a first line mistake and buy another istick from a local shop.the shop has already said that it has a warranty from the shop.but it still sucks tgat I have to use my Itaste vv for back up........on a better note I do have a single set of istick guts including the chip for sale ....oh im getting the istick 50w I had to wait till pay day

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
50w should be ok, I haven't heard anything bad about them.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well as much as I hate to say it I'm getting the istick50w. I have read that the pin is a weak spot on the istick mods when they first came out......I had mine preordered.so ime going to give eleaf the benefit of the doubt that it was a first line mistake and buy another istick from a local shop.the shop has already said that it has a warranty from the shop.but it still sucks tgat I have to use my Itaste vv for back up........on a better note I do have a single set of istick guts including the chip for sale ....oh im getting the istick 50w I had to wait till pay day
The 50 watt will do fine. I'm running a dual parallel coil (26 Gauge) setup in my FreakShow @ .4 Ohms at 45 watts and the 50w performs great.

samed23

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@M5amhan Thank You! I got a freakshow mini yesterday and I tried several different builds last night and wasn't happy with any of them. I tried your 28g, 8 wraps, 2mm ID and I'm pretty happy with it at 30w. It came out to .6, but I might try 10 wraps because I think the flavor might be a little better around .8 or .9.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got an istick 50. I don't build anything lower then .3 Ohms on it.

For flavor get a Freakshow Mini or if your daring an Origen Genesis..

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm have a parallel (24g) wrapped 6times and man its great......I can't seam to get duals to run to well with the 50w but I rebuilding today going to try dual macros again..... Hope it works.....

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I usually stay around .4 for flavor, thats what works for me.

VU Sponsors