Become a Patron!

Question about subox mini

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have an issue with my subox mini. I got it 2 weeks ago and I was using it with great joy, I then bought a cool fire 4 and a isub and used that for about a week. I went back to the subtank so I could use the RBA and I noticed that now it doesn't read properly, what I mean by that is the ohms. They're all over the place. Basically I rebuilt a coil for the rba and put it on an ohm reader and it was showing 9 ohms then 5 then 7 then 000. I tried a premade 0.5 occ and it was reading at 9.8ohm but when I put the isub tank in the kbox mini it was reading 0.4 as it should. So, to narrow it down I know for a fact that it isn't my kbox because all my other tanks read perfectly off it. It just the airflow deck with the 510 pin thats giving me trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
93343b6ad404e6e385a77deaae1b98a3.jpg
77e90f0424bd939ac15f6a0a60155f45.jpg
118a6f7d27b732e04318944d537165aa.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm having the same problem with my Kanger sub tank. Bought a new contact pin, but it didn't help. It's the air flow control. If you're still under warranty, take it back.

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm having the same problem with my Kanger sub tank. Bought a new contact pin, but it didn't help. It's the air flow control. If you're still under warranty, take it back.
Well I email kangertech to see if they can replace it but haven't heard back yet. I bought it 2 weeks ago from a shop here in town. I'll have to speak to them.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
14 days is the limit for returns at my local b&m, I hope yours is longer. But Kanger should get back to you and honor the manufacturer's warranty.

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
14 days is the limit for returns at my local b&m, I hope yours is longer. But Kanger should get back to you and honor the manufacturer's warranty.
Gosh I hope so. I love the setup and only bought the coolfire and isub for when I go overseas next month.

Thank you Teresa for you help!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're most welcome, I just hate you're having the trouble. It's frustrating, to say the least. When you buy something, you expect it to work longer than two weeks....:mad:

notaclone1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried putting on another ohm reader or a device that can ohm? it seems like there could be a short in either the meter you have OR maybe a short in the stock coil (wires touching where they're not supposed to)

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you tried putting on another ohm reader or a device that can ohm? it seems like there could be a short in either the meter you have OR maybe a short in the stock coil (wires touching where they're not supposed to)
I took it back to the shop and the gentlemen there gave me a new base, he tried everything he could to figure out what was wrong. Said he'll send it back to kangertech.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome! Glad it was simple, some of those places give you a lot of grief.....

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome! Glad it was simple, some of those places give you a lot of grief.....
Oh tell me about it . This gentleman I've been dealing with for a few years now so I didn't think it would have been a problem.

But thank you all for taking the time out to help a fellow vaper.

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does it stop flipping around after it gets wet and used vapid a couple times?

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure I understand what you mean

death2fake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry. That does look like drunk wrote the reply.
What I meant was. After you wick it and get it juiced up. Does it stop bouncing around? I have had my ohms read different several times until I got to vaping and it would steady out.
I make the same coil the same way every time. It comes out to .3 to .5 ohms depending on how centered or high I place the coil. But it tends to jump around sometimes, up to .8 ohms when I'm just testing it. Once I wick it and start vaping, the ohms will level out to .3 to .5.
If you don't level out I'd say your coil screws arnt making a good connection or the 510 pin isn't contacting properly. I read somewhere that you shouldn't test fire that rba, so maybe that goes for testing on a ohm reader too. I don't wouldn't think it would hurt it though. So once you wick it and fill the tank do the ohms stabilize?

andy17s

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry. That does look like drunk wrote the reply.
What I meant was. After you wick it and get it juiced up. Does it stop bouncing around? I have had my ohms read different several times until I got to vaping and it would steady out.
I make the same coil the same way every time. It comes out to .3 to .5 ohms depending on how centered or high I place the coil. But it tends to jump around sometimes, up to .8 ohms when I'm just testing it. Once I wick it and start vaping, the ohms will level out to .3 to .5.
If you don't level out I'd say your coil screws arnt making a good connection or the 510 pin isn't contacting properly. I read somewhere that you shouldn't test fire that rba, so maybe that goes for testing on a ohm reader too. I don't wouldn't think it would hurt it though. So once you wick it and fill the tank do the ohms stabilize?
Ahh I see. No, the whole deck was wrecked. Wouldn't ohm up even when wicked. It's all sorted out now though. I got it replaced.

Appreciate your help.

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine just doesn't read right. Put the stock .5 coil in and it reads .62-.67 depending on the mod. With the rba coil I have to crank it down to get it to read the resistance. Had such high hopes for it. Such a shame

VU Sponsors