Become a Patron!

Question about forum

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When I click on a thread is there a way to make it start at the very first post because it seems like it always starts in a random spot in the thread. I was just wondering if there was something in the settings of something I could do so it does start at the initial first post of the thread

Thanks
Mreeveshp

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I click on a thread is there a way to make it start at the very first post because it seems like it always starts in a random spot in the thread. I was just wondering if there was something in the settings of something I could do so it does start at the initial first post of the thread

Thanks
Mreeveshp

When I click on a post I haven't read at all, it takes me to the top of the thread. If I've read it, it takes me to the next post that I haven't read. BUT, I've seen this happen before, and it just went away. Not sure if it's one of those flare things that I can't technically explain, or what it might be.

I'll move this to the bug section, just in case tech needs to look into it. They keep up with that area.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks it just bugs me sometimes cause I also want to have more than say 20 posts per page and when it starts me way down or on page 3 of 6 of a post instead of page 1 it gets kind of annoying.

Also while I got this thread open how did you do the whole qoute box with my post on yours?

Thanks
Mreeveshp

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Huckleberried- I always use the forum on tapatalk on an Android device never on my computer so I don't have that look so I'm trying to figure out how to do it on my phone but that will help when I do get my laptop

SMOKIE- same thing I'm using it on tapatalk on my android so I don't see links like that when I click on a thread

I guess I could go to my chrome browser to use VU but it's so much easier to just open tapatalk

Mreeveshp

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Huckleberried- I always use the forum on tapatalk on an Android device never on my computer so I don't have that look so I'm trying to figure out how to do it on my phone but that will help when I do get my laptop

SMOKIE- same thing I'm using it on tapatalk on my android so I don't see links like that when I click on a thread

I guess I could go to my chrome browser to use VU but it's so much easier to just open tapatalk

Mreeveshp

Sorry did not realize it was Tapatalk you were referring too. And we have no control over that app, so I suggest letting them know your issues.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will and I think I will just use my internet browser on the phone to hopefully make things easier but sometimes tapatalk is just so convenient

I can't wait to get my laptop fixed or get a new one depending what the fix price is going to be haha

Thanks
mreeveshp

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will and I think I will just use my internet browser on the phone to hopefully make things easier but sometimes tapatalk is just so convenient

I can't wait to get my laptop fixed or get a new one depending what the fix price is going to be haha

Thanks
mreeveshp

Tapatalk is as convenient as their current issue, LOL. Sorta kidding. No, it's great when it's working properly, but then they throw you a curve ball update. One tip that comes in handy time and time again, on a phone browser, turn you phone sideways. I see over and over someone experiencing an issue, only to discover they'd have seen what they needed if their phone was sideways. The little things, huh?

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SMOKIE- thanks I'll keep that in mind when using my browser on my phone but just now I tried to find this thread on my browser and couldn't find it anywhere so had to go back to tapatalk.

Plus on tapatalk I can scroll at the top to participated and find the threads that I am in quick and easy.

Thanks
mreeveshp

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just tried clicking on a couple threads using the browser on my phone and it started me on a random page in the thread not at the beginning just like on tapatalk and I did notice it's much slower waiting on pages to load but my biggest issue is the putting me in a random place in the thread

Thanks
mreeveshp

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, that's weird. I have no idea what would cause that. Would a phone update cause that? Thinking out loud, I know next to nothing about tech.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good news I actually found something deep in the settings that I could change to make it always start on the very first post in the thread so at least I got that figured out

Thanks
mreeveshp

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good news I actually found something deep in the settings that I could change to make it always start on the very first post in the thread so at least I got that figured out

Thanks
mreeveshp

Oh I hope that doesn't drive ya nuts on those really long threads, LOL. Any setting to take you to the last one read?

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea like when I click back on this post it starts at my original post which can suck in some cases but I went to Settings, then "unread handling", then "post jumping", then it gives you 3 options "jump to original post" "jump to first unread" "jump to most recent"

So I'm going to play with those to see which is the best but when I click on a thread I want to see what the persons original question was and then read the answers but like you said it could be a pain in certain circumstances

Thanks
mreeveshp

VU Sponsors