Become a Patron!

Question about dry hits

I have been vaping for about two years, and I'm satisfied with my set up. This is more a question out of curiosity...

I am running Kanger Genitank megas on a Provari P3, with 1.8 ohm coils. Currently using a lot of Charlie Noble and ITC Vapes.

If I go above about 3.7 volts or so I start getting dry hits. I've been happy with the Genitanks and the Kanger coils... I'm just curious to know why this would be. Opinions?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Possibly your wick is not recovering as quick as needed with the higher voltage with the time between hits?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At that voltage you are running 7.6 watts. The coils should be able to handle 12 watts. I suspect that the ejuice is either too thick, or your airflow is opened up too much thus causing not enough juice to get to the coils. I would suggest looking for cotton coil head replacements, they work well at higher power and produce a better vapor. You can always upgrade the tank to a Nautilus and have a better vape, plus the cotton coil heads are readly available.

I had trouble with dry hits on every sub tank I have tried that takes pre built coils that you screw in. I realized that my vaping style was a bit demanding for those restrictive types of setups so I went to RTA style tanks like the Goliath and the Goblin. I absolutely LOVE my Goliath. simple to build on and when you wick it right, ZERO dry hits and flavor explosions with every hit. huge clouds too if you are into that

VU Sponsors