Question about aspire BDC coils

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey all! Not entirely sure where to post this, so this was my best guess.

I have the aspire nova tank, and the coils are the ones with the two wicking holes toward the bottom of the coil. I'm wondering, has anyone here ever drilled those holes to a larger size? Would there be a benifit to doing so?

Jackson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the aspire nova tank, and the coils are the ones with the two wicking holes toward the bottom of the coil. I'm wondering, has anyone here ever drilled those holes to a larger size? Would there be a benifit to doing so?
Actually if you want to do some drilling open up the air intake holes that are located just above the 510 threads. And FWIW the BVCs are a major improvement.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all! Not entirely sure where to post this, so this was my best guess.

When they first came out with the BDC there were 4 holes there instead of 2, and for some reason they were no good and people complained. So they went to 2 holes which was much better. So drilling the holes out would be like having 4 holes, (depending how big a hole you make). So I don't think there would be any beifit.
Now their upgraded BVC has 4 holes and a lot more air movement, but I don't really care for them.
Why the 4 holes were no good on the BDC but are OK on the BVC I don't Know?? Maybe they are hopping to get rid of all the 4 hole barrels they have left over in stock.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got bdc tanks and upgraded to bvc coils, prefer it and I get a long time between coil changes. The tanks are fine, I just personally don't like the bdc coils. Got rid of all my evods and went with strictly aspire tanks, couldn't be happier with the performance.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I went to my local vape shop to replace my coil and they sold me a BVC. I must agree I like it better. Looks like it may be possible to rebuild them also. I instead drilled out the air holes on my itastes beauty ring. Worked like a charm. Thanks all! I'll go online and order a stock of BVC's :)

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I went to my local vape shop to replace my coil and they sold me a BVC. I must agree I like it better. Looks like it may be possible to rebuild them also. I instead drilled out the air holes on my itastes beauty ring. Worked like a charm. Thanks all! I'll go online and order a stock of BVC's :)
You can rebuild the Atlantis coils. I do all of mine and use Japanese cotton instead of that silica crap they come with!

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
arent the atlantis coils different? I've seen rebuild guides for those but have assumed it wouldnt apply to these.

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Atlantis coils are all rebuildable.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont have the atlantis :p Im working with the other ones

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh. I don't know about those. We were talking about the Atlantis.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The coils are different:
Aspire Atlantis BVC Coil:
Aspire-Atlantis-Coil.jpg

Aspire BVC Coil....... And this one is also re-buildable. I have done it but it is tricky.
aspire-bvc-coil-head.jpg

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aspire BVC Coil....... And this one is also re-buildable. I have done it but it is tricky.

Ohhhh any tips on rebuilding these?

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry I gave the wrong info there. It was a BDC that I rebuilt not the BVC. But if your interested on doing the BDC this is the video that I watched and got me started. I did not do it exactly the way he did. I used drill bits and organic cotton. The big trick is getting the filler back into the barrel. Have a look and see. I can elaborate more if you need.

NexDeus

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, "I" was talking about the Atlantis :)
;)

Yeah I've watched that before. Seemed a pain. Im assuming I can follow an atlantis bvc rebuild and achieve the same effects. The only concern I have is getting that inner barrel out of the non atlantis BVC. Looks like a pain if even possible at all

VU Sponsors