Become a Patron!

Q: 18650 to 26650 on TC mod?

Wu-Tangcl

Member For 1 Year
I want to build my own TC mod, my thoughts are as followed:

Step 1: Buy a cheap TC mod Laisimo 200 Spider TC VW APV
Step 2: Buy some usefull parts like: - 510 connector - Fire button
Step 3: Buy some HUGE battery's: BASEN IMR 26650 3.7V 5000mAh Rechargeable Li-Mn
Step 4: Dissasemble bought mod, and measure its board, screen etc.
Step 5: Design a case and 3D print it
Step 6: Assemble it and show it off ;)

Step FIRST: Ask Forum if its possible to replace 2x 18650 batteries in a TC mod with 4x 26650 from which 2 paralel and 2 in series so my mah gets to (theoretic) 10.000 mah....

This is a project I want to start in the hunt of huge battery capacity no matter what the size of the mod will be...
Any ideas, suggestions or help will be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey welcome to the forum. This sounds like a fun project.
I don't know anything about building mods. If you don't find help here you might try www.reddit.com/r/OpenPV.

I would not use the cells you have linked, the Basen 5000mah, in a vape device. I suggest doing some research on battery safety at least before you start tinkering with vape equipment.

Wu-Tangcl

Member For 1 Year
I would not use the cells you have linked, the Basen 5000mah, in a vape device. I suggest doing some research on battery safety at least before you start tinkering with vape equipment.

And that is exactly why I post it here first... To exchange thoughts, experiences and suggestions before I start this project.

Reddit looks a great info bank, thanks for that, I'll start reading there.

Last edited:

Wu-Tangcl

Member For 1 Year
@Fudgey Finger
Dude... Thank you so much for the awesome link, ive got so many info from there.
Great source to get started and obtain more links to info.

Found great charts from Mooch so all credits to him, the charts get still updated!
Here is the complete Mooch's Blog

VU Sponsors