Become a Patron!

Purple efest 18650

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are they fake? Ppl keep saying there's no such thing as a 18659 that does 35 amps. An should I send them back an what is a solid brand of battery I should get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No, they are NOT a continuous 35 amp. They are PULSE rated 35 amp.

I have several pair, and they are fine batteries. Know your limits.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Purple eFest 18650's aren't really 35a continuous as they'd like you to believe... they are 20a continuous output with a ~<1 sec 35a pulse output.

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My setup will be IPV mini 30 watt with a subtank nano.

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So should I send them back and get a vtc 4 or vtc 5 or something entirely different. What do brand should I get

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Ahh OK. Folks on that "other" vape forum say they're basically "the rejects". I'd still like to know what my purple 350s are underneath..

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So basically go with Sony vtc 4 or Samsung 25r? And they will be going in my IPV mini 30 watt with sub nano

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The efests are fine with that setup. @0.5 ohms you will only be pulling a little over 7 amps @ the 30 watt setting on the IPV mini.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used the egest 35a for a good while on a 0.5 or 0.6 ohm builds they weren't half bad. I just domt trust them at a 0.1 or a 0.2 . the 25rs and he4's seem to be a better performer.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The efests are fine with that setup. @0.5 ohms you will only be pulling a little over 7 amps @ the 30 watt setting on the IPV mini.
Agreed..

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How long do I charge it with the use for?

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have a separate charger for my batteries. I only have the usb cable and dont know how long to charge for. Ya I'mma noob lol

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a separate charger for my batteries. I only have the usb cable and dont know how long to charge for. Ya I'mma noob lol

Oh! :)
The IPV uses a chip inside to turn off the charging when done...

mark.stokes.31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya ya not everyone know everything mr. Perfect

KenG

Member For 5 Years
Just my .02 i currently use an IPV mini 30w with a subtank mini and some times my atlantis or ohm clone rda. Ive had no issues with batteries (been using the same 2 swapping in and out) for about 4 months. I have buddies who run mechs with them aswell and havent had much issue (granted they dont build below .3ohm) so i dont know how they would handle anything lower. But for a subtank and IPV mini itll work just fine.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As previously stated, use those 20A efest batteries. I have 3 (started with them like you did) and I have ran them way harder than 30W for 5 months now. YOU WILL BE FINE. Crank that shit up and vape it. Enjoy.

When you need some more batteries, grab some HE2's or 25R's. I don't trust that there are any real VTC batteries left. I read somewhere along the way that they stopped making VTC4's some time in 2013. Who knows. The HE2's and 25R's work great. I've been seeing some good deals on the 25R's lately. That's my justification for adding 5 to the stable. :oops:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im using the e-fest purple 2500 (20A) in my sigelei 30w and cloupor 30w clone and its been great so far..Granted, its only been a couple days but it works great....Youre far from any problems with a 30w device and a .5 coil build.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At one time i thought these were 35 amp rated, like most anyone who believes the packaging. I did some crazy builds with them, again believing I was safe up to 35 amps. These things performed flawlessly and heated up MUCH LESS than my supposed genuine vtc4s. They hit harder, longer than the sony's too.
Now I use the 25rs, and im happy with them. They dont hit as hard in my tube mechs, but are perfect in my sig 150, parallel and series mechanical boxes.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At one time i thought these were 35 amp rated, like most anyone who believes the packaging. I did some crazy builds with them, again believing I was safe up to 35 amps. These things performed flawlessly and heated up MUCH LESS than my supposed genuine vtc4s. They hit harder, longer than the sony's too.
Now I use the 25rs, and im happy with them. They dont hit as hard in my tube mechs, but are perfect in my sig 150, parallel and series mechanical boxes.
Ya.. I lot of peeps ripping on the Efests have never actually had a problem with them ;)

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only stopped buying them because the Samsung's are cheaper.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So where are a couple good places to buy some of these different kinds of batteries, where is everyone getting the Lgs? I have 2 and want to buy an additional pair.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So where are a couple good places to buy some of these different kinds of batteries, where is everyone getting the Lgs? I have 2 and want to buy an additional pair.
Illumination Supply has always tried hard to provide verified authentic batteries (notice the total lack of VTC's). They have good prices, shipping times and customer service. I've shopped with them a few times and orders of 2 batteries come with a free case.
http://www.illumn.com/batteries-chargers-and-powerpax-carriers/batteries.html?___store=default

Got a deal on 25R's from vapingwalrus recently (buy 2 @ 7.99 and get one free) but they are now out of stock. Imagine that.

Vapingcheap's newsletter is how I found out about the vapingwalrus deal.

KenG

Member For 5 Years
anyone know how low you can safely build on the purple 18650 efests? ive been running a .3 and it doesnt even get close to warm (stays fairly cool/cold everytime i check it after a good heavy vape session) tried searching online but cant seem to find it

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone know how low you can safely build on the purple 18650 efests? ive been running a .3 and it doesnt even get close to warm (stays fairly cool/cold everytime i check it after a good heavy vape session) tried searching online but cant seem to find it

You don't build on a battery... you use it up to it's rated amperage output...

Calculate how many amps you are pulling with the build you have... then make sure it is less that the rated ( not burst ) amperage output of the battery you are using... for the purple efests, I believe that is 20a

KenG

Member For 5 Years
ok i see what you mean i knew about running that ohms law on the volts/ohm to see the amps but wasnt sure how close i can get to the 20a rating without running a big risk of messing up the battery, should have posted that instead lol

what im worried about is a fully charged battery is about 4.17v and if i run a .2 itll pull about 20.85a
but if i vape on it a bit itll drop to 3.7v then its only 18.5a

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
0.21 ohms is 20A on a fresh battery.

KenG

Member For 5 Years
cool just build a .25 dual 26g 5 2.4mm wraps hits way better :) didnt mean to hijack the thread a little im on a purple efest :)

VU Sponsors