Become a Patron!

Pure Nicotine

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I recently ordered 2 - 8oz bottles of pure nicotine from E-cig.com and was wondering how best to break it down for storage. I am aware of the dangers associated with handling pure nicotine and that is what leads me to ask the following questions...
1. Should I dilute it with a PG/VG base before storing it?
2. What is the best way to store nicotine? Should I freeze it or keep it in a cabinet?
I will most likely be using 30ml blue glass dropper bottles to store it in. Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated! I tried asking about this on another forum site, but my thread was deleted due to the subject being about nicotine higher than 200mg.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
you have a hood and respirator mask I hope. Can you get the bottles filled and remove oxygen, possibly replace it with argon?

I feel if you are qualified to handle Pure nicotine you should already know what is the best way to store it. If you don't I am not sure if you are familiar with how dangerous pure nicotine really is

either way Oxygen and light are your enemy and will make the nic taste nasty after a while
Freezer will last longest

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I recently ordered 2 - 8oz bottles of pure nicotine from E-cig.com and was wondering how best to break it down for storage. I am aware of the dangers associated with handling pure nicotine and that is what leads me to ask the following questions...
2. What is the best way to store nicotine? Should I freeze it or keep it in a cabinet?
I will most likely be using 30ml blue glass dropper bottles to store it in. Any feedback on this will be greatly appreciated! I tried asking about this on another forum site, but my thread was deleted due to the subject being about nicotine higher than 200mg.

So you bought pure nic and are aware of the dangers, but not a clue what to do with it..
I'm going to say this now.. Fred Sanford style: "Ya big dummy" :p (in the best of light)

8oz of pure nic will net you 236.5875ml of pure nic...

You will need to cut it before use.. to store, do not open it and black bag it into your freezer, very well marked..

To cut it...
You need a good calculator that will compute whatever strength you want.

So instead of working with the normal 100mg, you are working with 1000mg.. I would suggest to cut it to 100mg strength and still.. freeze it all.

Please.. whatever you do, wear your gloves long sleeves and goggles.. heavy duty face mask with changeable air filters.. pure nic is nothing to play with at all. If you do not have the right gear... cut it outside, and make sure you have something to mix it well.. drill with paddle.. do not breathe the fumes.. Best of luck, please do not give diy a bad name, and die on us all.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

If you are going to be using it soon, might as well dilute it to store it.

If you dilute it, it's best to store in a freezer. I don't think I'd freeze pure nic though. With pg or vg, it can't freeze so the freezer is good. But, I don't think I'd freeze pure nic without the protection of pg or vg. Another reason to dilute. If not diluted, I'd fill air space with argon and store in a cool dark place and in a very secure spot so others cannot get at it.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
So you bought pure nic and are aware of the dangers, but not a clue what to do with it..
I'm going to say this now.. Fred Sanford style: "Ya big dummy" (in the best of light)

You will need to cut it before use.. to store, do not open it and black bag it into your freezer, very well marked..

To cut it...

So instead of working with the normal 100mg, you are working with 1000mg.. I would suggest to cut it to 100mg strength and still.. freeze it all.

Please.. whatever you do, wear your gloves long sleeves and goggles.. heavy duty face mask with changeable air filters.. pure nic is nothing to play with at all. If you do not have the right gear... cut it outside, and make sure you have something to mix it well.. drill with paddle.. do not breathe the fumes.. Best of luck, please do not give diy a bad name, and die on us all.
I got my respirator from work. It is a full face with chemical cartridge filters. I also have a box of latex gloves I use when making my ejuice. This is the first time that I ordered Pure Nicotine, that is why I ask the questions. I was thinking 50/50 base at 100mg too. I have an ejuice calculator app. Do you think it will work for cutting the nicotine?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I got my respirator from work. It is a full face with chemical cartridge filters. I also have a box of latex gloves I use when making my ejuice. This is the first time that I ordered Pure Nicotine, that is why I ask the questions. I was thinking 50/50 base at 100mg too. I have an ejuice calculator app. Do you think it will work for cutting the nicotine?

It will. Be careful, listen to everyone here...

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

100mg is 10%. 9 parts pg/vg to 1 part nicotine. Easy peazy, no calculator needed. Simple math.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I'm going to say this now.. Fred Sanford style: "Ya big dummy" (in the best of light)

To cut it...

I am just now realizing how much nicotine I bought. One 8oz bottle of pure nicotine = @ 79 30ml bottles of 100mg nicotine. That means I will have 158 - 30ml bottles 100mg total..... WOW.... I might have went a little overboard.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I am just now realizing how much nicotine I bought. One 8oz bottle of pure nicotine = @ 79 30ml bottles of 100mg nicotine. That means I will have 158 - 30ml bottles 100mg total..... WOW.... I might have went a little overboard.

well depending on if its actually 8 ozs or 250ml like the label in their photo shows. Yes 8 oz is close to 250ml but not quite. 2 bottles of this is enough to make 5 litersish of 100mg nic

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Looks like I won't have to buy any nicotine for a few years...lol
well depending on if its actually 8 ozs or 250ml like the label in their photo shows. Yes 8 oz is close to 250ml but not quite. 2 bottles of this is enough to make 5 litersish of 100mg nic

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

I would make sure you have your bottles and caps right before doing this project.
Rule of thumb per vaper is 1 gallon in the freezer, not fridge! Per year.
If you do not vape that much, it's alright, it will store indef, until you break it out.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I would make sure you have your bottles and caps right before doing this project.
Rule of thumb per vaper is 1 gallon in the freezer, not fridge! Per year.
If you do not vape that much, it's alright, it will store indef, until you break it out.
Already looking at Amazon.com. I get free 2 day shipping.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know this is obvious, but if you do mix indoors make sure wife/SO, kids, and critters are not in the room. And air out the room before allowing wife/SO, kids, or critters into said room when finished. I would put up a fan in the window blowing out for a while.

I mention this in case someone stumbles onto this thread not knowing the obvious. CYA, BSNS (Be Safe Not Sorry), etc. If you do not have the equipment do not do this at home. http://vapingunderground.com/threads/do-not-do-this-at-home.237124/

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I decided to go with 4oz (120ml) Amber glass bottles with poly cone caps. I figure as much nicotine as I go through, this would be the best choice. Bottles are ordered from Amazon and will be here on Wednesday.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I decided to go with 4oz (120ml) Amber glass bottles with poly cone caps. I figure as much nicotine as I go through, this would be the best choice. Bottles are ordered from Amazon and will be here on Wednesday.

This is my mix ratio that my ejuice program spit out.
50bf1cd135200cc009bfc72cb1e053ef.jpg

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Latex gloves are permeable to nicotine. Nitrille would be better. Even better than that would be some high quality gloves for handling chemicals that are not latex.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

:bliss:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am just now realizing how much nicotine I bought.

This statement makes me cringe thinking that you really shouldn't be messing with Nicotine at this High of a concentration. Just my little opinion you must remember.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's good to stockpile it, given the idiocy of the gov't. I have almost 3L of 100mg nic in a freezer, for long-term stockpile; planning tio add another 2L to it, before the caca hits the blades this summer. I store mine mostly in 30ml brown glass bottles, because that way when it comes out of the freezer for use, being stored in the fridge after opening, I can use it up before it oxidizes very much.

Do be careful, as everyone else said. That shit is nothing to play with, but with a respirator and good safety gear and good knowledge of using both, you should be alright.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fucking thought you ignored me but you still have to contradict what I have to say. Dumbass

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
It's good to stockpile it, given the idiocy of the gov't. I have almost 3L of 100mg nic in a freezer, for long-term stockpile; planning tio add another 2L to it, before the caca hits the blades this summer. I store mine mostly in 30ml brown glass bottles, because that way when it comes out of the freezer for use, being stored in the fridge after opening, I can use it up before it oxidizes very much.

Do be careful, as everyone else said. That shit is nothing to play with, but with a respirator and good safety gear and good knowledge of using both, you should be alright.

Andria
I use chemical respirator at work every day and am planning to use it when diluting nicotine. I already have the VG/PG mix in the bottles as to minimize exposure to the pure nicotine. Once it arrives on Monday all I will have to do is add 12ml to each bottle and cap it. Don't worry I will use extreme caution. This is my first time working with raw nicotine, but I have done my research on the dangers and I work with dangerous and toxic chemicals on a daily basis.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What drives a person to buy pure nic? They have labs and shit where they can/do cut it for ya safely. Is it that cheaper to buy pure?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use chemical respirator at work every day and am planning to use it when diluting nicotine.

I sincerely hope that you take the proper precautions and have done the research required. Is it just me or the company that sold it does so without making sure who is buying it knows WTF they are doing a bit of an issue?

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
What drives a person to buy pure nic? They have labs and shit where they can/do cut it for ya safely. Is it that cheaper to buy pure?
Actually yes it is. I have the appropriate safety gear. I work with chemicals on a daily basis, and have propped PPE to wear which includes a respirator with interchangeable chemical cartridges.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Unfortunately, no they did not check to see if I was qualified to handle pure nicotine. I just hope the wrong person don't get a hold of it, who don't know what they Are doing.

While this is my first time working with raw nicotine, I am qualified to handle hazardous chemicals. And yes I have done my research, I would be a fool not to, and that goes for any hazardous chemical.
I sincerely hope that you take the proper precautions and have done the research required. Is it just me or the company that sold it does so without making sure who is buying it knows WTF they are doing a bit of an issue?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I won't have to buy any nicotine for a few years...lol

But You did not realize what you originally bought and what strength it was.

While this is my first time working with raw nicotine, I am qualified to handle hazardous chemicals. And yes I have done my research, I would be a fool not to, and that goes for any hazardous chemical.

While I am not questioning your abilities you did not do the math before you made your purchase and I wonder what else could be missed.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
When first ordering I wasn't sure what concentration I was going to be diluting it down to, because I feel comfortable working with a 25% nicotine base and have done so in the past. After ordering, I did some calculations with my current nicotine consumption (which has come down quite a bit) and decided to go with the 10% mix and doubled the number of bottles for storage. That is what I was referring to in my previous post. I used to vape 18-35mg, but now only 6-12mg.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pure nic has been available for a few years. Nobody, to date, has been harmed by pure nic.

In contrast, the only nic related deaths or poisonings that I am aware of have come from 100mg nicotine and low mg juice. These involved children.

To me, the fears of pure nicotine are like Alice In Wonderland's White Queen screaming about pricking her finger with a needle BEFORE she pricked her finger.

Alice was just beginning to say 'There's a mistake somewhere —,' when the Queen began screaming, so loud that she had to leave the sentence unfinished. 'Oh, oh, oh!' shouted the Queen, shaking her hand about as if she wanted to shake it off. 'My finger's bleeding! Oh, oh, oh, oh!'

Her screams were so exactly like the whistle of a steam-engine, that Alice had to hold both her hands over her ears.

'What is the matter?' she said, as soon as there was a chance of making herself heard. 'Have you pricked your finger?'

'I haven't pricked it yet,' the Queen said, 'but I soon shall — oh, oh, oh!'

'When do you expect to do it?' Alice said, feeling very much inclined to laugh.

There is lots of screaming in the vape "community" about a thing that has not happened. :)

Last edited:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually yes it is. I have the appropriate safety gear. I work with chemicals on a daily basis, and have propped PPE to wear which includes a respirator with interchangeable chemical cartridges.

That was my thought, that it's surely a lot cheaper, because I *always* advise folks to get 100mg rather than the weaker concentrations, so that they're not paying top dollar for someone else's PG/VG. I might even stick with that rationale up to about 200mg... but not any higher, for those without your experience and safety gear, the stuff is just too dangerous. My tightwad self would really love to buy it pure and dilute it myself... but thankfully, my wise caution self knows that I'm not capable of handling pure nic safely. So I stick with 100mg. ;)

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was my thought, that it's surely a lot cheaper, because I *always* advise folks to get 100mg rather than the weaker concentrations, so that they're not paying top dollar for someone else's PG/VG. I might even stick with that rationale up to about 200mg... but not any higher, for those without your experience and safety gear, the stuff is just too dangerous. My tightwad self would really love to buy it pure and dilute it myself... but thankfully, my wise caution self knows that I'm not capable of handling pure nic safely. So I stick with 100mg. ;)

Andria

giphy.gif

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. Let us know what you think of the nicotine itself. That is to say, if it tastes bad or something. Peppery, oxidized, harsh or whatever. Or if it's pretty good.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Nice. Let us know what you think of the nicotine itself. That is to say, if it tastes bad or something. Peppery, oxidized, harsh or whatever. Or if it's pretty good.
Ok. Will do. I kept one bottle out to mix with. The juice I made needs to steep for 4 days, I'll let you know how it is then.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
16oz pure = 136oz 100mg

Actually pretty smooth. Tastes a little spicey, but that may be the cinnamon in the recipe. All in all I am quite satisfied!

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
16oz pure = 136oz 100mg

Actually pretty smooth. Tastes a little spicey, but that may be the cinnamon in the recipe. All in all I am quite satisfied!

VU Sponsors