Become a Patron!

Pugsley's Mesh Match Made in Heaven Review of the Wotofo Profile Unity RTA

Steampugs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Wotofo Profile Unity RTA

'Behind every man is a stronger woman'

I believe this is the age old saying, of course these days you can't really say that without upsetting some snowflake who probably believes it should be changed to 'Behind every none gender specific human is a potato whose gender is a non-consequential entity with equal consideration towards other vegetables'....or some such...who the fuck knows?...It's hard to keep track these days..

1pxyhv.jpg

I come from a world where we have two genders...and my perception of that is more than likely massively offensive to at least half the population...

4c659d5891909a6b41b886bf9c16d967.jpeg

Call me old fashioned if you like - my field of fucks is completely barren of anything I am likely to give you.

Alas...I digress, because today I'm going to be finding out what happens when the person behind that strong man....is actually another strong man...and yes....I did google some gifs to go with that saying.....and no....I shall not be posting them.

nope.gif

Another time perhaps.....

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Welcome once more my bromantic billow brigade, back again with more of the same. Today we are looking at something which has been causing quite the chatter in vapingdom, a device born from the meeting of two creative minds in some weird vulcan mind meld type shit..

giphy-2.gif

In one corner we have a mind solely responsible for providing us with arguably one of the most innovative RDA's of last year, a dripper that plucked mesh from it's failing and all but done 'old skool' status and planted it firmly in the present day to a very appreciative market of wanting vapers. To say the Profile RDA was a runaway success...is something of an understatement. In the other corner we have a mind whose creations, amongst other things, include the Drop RDA - one of the most successful mass produced RDA's ever to hit the shelves since the Goon, and if that wasn't enough...also the Topside squonk mod, probably the most innovative squonk mod ever created. If these two devices aren't in your arsenal....I highly suggest you take a long hard look at your life choices.... I am of course talking about Mr Justright1 & Brian 'TVC' Herb....or Beryl...as I affectionately call him...to his utter dismay.....

what-did-you-call-me.gif

SO....when you know what kind of pedigree and lineage we are dealing with here, what can you really come to expect from these two vaping virtuoso's when the enormity of their own successes has converged their paths...

4oZXiDe.gif

and given birth to a new bromance in the vape industry, while they mentally cross swords under the watchful parental eye of vape giants Wotofo.

Maybe it's high time I just shut the fuck up and show you....(please do...on both counts)

May I present to you, a Wotofo, TVC & Mr Justright1 collaboration: The Profile Unity RTA.

22.jpg

19.jpg

Now...I reviewed the Profile RDA last year, and although the way it vaped did not suit my personal preferences - I mean...vaping from mesh is a different animal altogether - I did ultimately gush over it, in part because of the innovative way it functioned, but also because of the flavour you can get from this way of vaping. It most definitely opened a lot of people’s eyes to what mesh can bring to the table, as well as dispersing with problems people have had with mesh in the past....and it thoroughly deserved its accolades. So, it was really only a matter of time before we were going to get what we are looking at today. However...there is one very obvious difference to the whole project, one which begs the question....why TVC?.....I mean the Profile was all Mr Justright1 right?...So...what did Beryl bring to the party?....The answer is quite simply....'experience'......all shall become clear my little fluff puppies...the knowledge you seek shall soon be within your reach...

giphy-6.gif

The Lowdown

The Profile Unity RDA is a 25mm tank housing 3.5ml of your finest amber nectar in its belly, or 5ml with it's bigger glass and tube extension...(or 2ml if you're under the umbrella of the steaming pile of shite that is the TPD)

17.jpg

It has side adjustable airflow dealt with in the normal manner....

8.jpg

An 810 drip tip up on the top...

1.jpg

A quick release top cap hiding it's top fill system....

9.jpg

And a protruding, insulated 510 pin underneath...

4.jpg

Now....that's the formalities out of the way, everything there that you would come to expect from pretty much every other RTA on today's market....all...very...normal. SO...what indeed does the Profile Unity have that gives good enough reason to buy it over anything else out there today? What makes it think it's so special? Well....firstly, let's take a look at why it bears the name 'Profile'.....enter Mr Justright1 with his witchcraft and fuckery...

15.jpg

Obviously it was never going to be anything else. The build deck is identical to the Profile RDA, the only real difference being the huge juice channels on either side to feed the massive amount of cotton that this method of building requires...

14.jpg

It really is a work of art this build deck, the huge ceramic block in the centre being pushed up by a spring underneath is the little slice of genius that Mr Justright1 got...well....just right. By pushing the cotton against the mesh it eliminates the biggest problem that mesh gave us...the dreaded dry hit from hell, I mean a dry hit from a mesh coil is no joke. It's something nobody should ever experience, it's like any other dry hit from an RDA, multiplied by ninety twelve...

cough.gif

A bit like snorting a fart straight from the Devil’s arse.....I would imagine (shrugs).

And as well as dispersing with mesh's greatest problem, the Profile build deck is also one of the easiest to build on. I mean, I could probably give this to my dog and 2 minutes later she would be under the hood with a fresh build in there....it's that simple.

i-have-no-idea.gif

This time around it has one addition which, for me personally, is a game changer. Although Wotofo's original mesh coils supplied with the Profile RDA were absolutely fine, they just didn't Ohm out low enough to provide me with a satisfying vape - the flavour was there, it just lacked 'body' for me. This time however, they have opted to draught in the company behind the much loved Gear RTA - OFRF -and let them supply the Unity with their Nexmesh triple density 0.13ohm mesh coils. I mean, these are good for (apparently) 70w, which for mesh is actually quite high. However, I have been running mine at 75w and the difference between these and the original Wotofo mesh coils previously found in the Profile RDA...is quite phenomenal, but we'll come to that.....firstly...back to the build.

Same method as before, simply take a Nexmesh coil and with the Wotofo coil tool provided, push it over the thick end of the shaft and roll it firmly between your fingers..... until you either have a perfectly shaped mesh coil.....or a massive erection...depending entirely on how you followed my instructions..

mesh-coil.gif

Then simply unscrew each clamp, place the coil in and tighten her up, it really is that easy. Then just give it a little tickle to make sure all is tickety boo......there's something highly satisfying about seeing a mesh coil glow evenly.....or is that just me?....Is this reviewing malarky finally making me a bit.....weird?....(I think that damage was already there fella)....cheeky..

12.jpg

Now...the next bit, is probably the most important thing in the whole process- the wicking. When I say 'it's all in the wicking'...I cannot emphasize that fact enough. It is probably more important in this RTA than in any other I have ever tried, you simply HAVE to get it right, not to say that it's difficult to do - it's just very unforgiving should you get 'experimental'. Here's what I found; using the cotton that Wotofo provide is slightly easier due to the added aglets, it also gives you a good indication of just how much cotton you are stuffing in this thing. Now, me being me....my thoughts ran away with me, I first figured..well..this will need to have a strong capillary action to work properly, so I should comb it through good and proper before trimming....

VU Sponsors