Become a Patron!

Pugsley's jam packed yet short review of the Wotofo SMM Nudge 24 RDA

Steampugs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Welcome back my cloudy cretinous creatures, back again with another pile of barely legible nonsense, and this time we are looking at something that has been designed by another reviewer......Well......it's been a while, it's also been a while since this thing was released, 4 months.....maybe more...but it's been sat there in my backlog and now...is it's time to shine....and shine like a blue diamond in a goat's ass it does, so, let's crack..the fuck on....time for another 'quickie'.....
0FAkG6K.gif

My other half is sat next to me while I'm writing this...she just said "Lucky rabbit!".....I'm not quite sure what she means by that...
Sent by my ever-giving eastern partners, Heavengifts, I present to you, from Wotofo, and in conjunction with Suck My Mod....the Nudge 24 RDA...
8iowzAV.jpg

I lost my shit trying to get this thing to sit for the picture.....assistance was required. Ironically, I kept nudging my lightbox, sending the Nudge rolling around like a drunk smurf....
Um5UoC0.jpg

Hence the red alloy 'baby walker' ......needs must.
......................................................................................................................
The Lowdown
The Nudge 24 RDA is, as the name suggests...a 24mm RDA with adjustable side airflow and a dual coil build deck. It came into being from the mind of Matt from super popular Youtube channel 'Suck My Mod', and is manufactured by Shenzhen vape giants Wotofo....
mi17EDl.jpg

Now, these two crews have made sweet music in the past with the SMM Serpent tanks, and with the 22mm single coil version of this RDA already proven to be popular by the single coil fans, I wasn't expecting to dislike much about the dual coil variation. The build, fit and finish, are as good as we have come to expect from Wotofo...So, let's tear this sucker down and see what's what......starting from the outside..
The nicely domed chamber is a single piece of milled alloy, lending itself very well to thermal dissipation.
WXVBKNw.jpg

Dual coil RDA's have a tendency to get a little toasty, but the alloy deals with that heat very well, I wouldn't say it was the best looking RDA on the planet....kinda reminds me of the Lush RDA in appearance, but at least they have tarted the Nudge's appearance up a bit, with the beautifully made and matched friction fit 810 swirly resin drip tip....held in place snuggly by an internal O ring..
aNSFk1I.jpg

There's nothing to dislike about this part of the Nudge....I just wasn't that 'moved' by it.....it's just a bit....meh...The internals however....well that's a whole different story...
YyeKk2D.jpg

My first impression when I clapped my ever scrutinizing peepers on this highly confusing and unconventional build deck ...was....slight bewilderment...
jD99UYp.gif

What indeed.....but then it occurred to me...'Has Matt actually designed a build deck that looks like the SMM logo??' ....
8W7HlB1.gif

Can't argue with that....nice touch...if indeed...it was intentional..which I'm sure it was....and once you delve a little deeper...you notice a few nice little surprises....
Included with the Nudge spares is a BF pin, and squonking is dealt with via a hole on each side of the positive pin...
yfczKxN.jpg

A very nice method of getting your liquid exactly where you need it....this thing was made with squonking in mind.
The deck is a dual coil affair, but instead of the traditional method of having everything in the middle, Matt has opted to use the outer rim of the deck as the negative post, using 'slot' post holes, which makes it very easy to install your coils.....and speaking of coils...
LY5WEUe.jpg

Wotofo strikes again....included in the package are these beautifully made fused claptons, and yes...there are three of them...again...and no...I still don't know why they do that...however...they appear to be wrapped in super fine 40g Nichrome, It's actually hard to tell, as there is literally no information on these coils anywhere....but regardless...they look fucking awesome....and they are getting used.
375ZmaT.jpg

Building was a cinch, although....the supplied coils are 3mm ID, and you'll notice how much room you have to piss around with your build....these coils are SNUG.....and once I had them installed it took me an extra 15 minutes or so of constant fannying around to stop the 'short' message on my mod....little nudge here...little nudge there...you can see where it gets its name from....I certainly wouldn't risk using this RDA on a mechanical mod let's put it that way.....still....it's a nice feeling when you finally conquer it and get your coils glowing evenly..
5b1pl6z.gif

Wicking is utterly straight forward, due to the nature of the build deck, your cottontails dangle unhindered, straight into the impressively deep juice well....time to lick Papa Smurf's coils...
gjZJRG4.gif

ccvG3yR.jpg

The Vape
Well as we all know....this all comes down to airflow, which is dealt with by the two slots that run through the negative post...
WysMDGP.jpg

Steampugs

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Matt likes to do this, he did something similar on the SMM Serpent, and this causes only one issue, although....probably not an issue for 90% of vapers....you see...the excess metal on either side of the airflow inlet is not enough to cover the width of the slot on the outer chamber...meaning....when closing the airflow right down...it can only go so far before it opens up again on either side to the build deck...as an estimate..I'd say that 20% airflow is about as low as you can shut it down to...not many people would like to go that low anyway..but it's worth mentioning. Me?....I'm more of a balls out kinda guy, so it stays wide open.....and the vape I get from the Nudge like this....is just phenomenal....and suddenly...it all makes sense..
1xbwvch.gif

You see...if you mount your coils slightly higher, so that if you look through the airflow inlet you can just see the bottom of them....you'll soon realise that the reason for the complete lack of space in the build deck is simple...there is literally nowhere for the air to go except up past your coil and straight into your cake hole, you don't need space for all that wasted turbulence to be flying around everywhere - sticking your lovely flavoured vapor to anything it comes into contact with....cram everything in...don't give it the option...air comes in, collects the lovely flavour...and straight back out again...and the result...is amazing flavour production, next level, very nicely done Mr Suck My Mod....that just sounds so wrong...
5gZ4MuT.gif

The Specs
Product Details Brand: Wotofo
Type: Rebuildable Atomizer
Rebuildable Atomizer: RDA
Material: Aluminum,Stainless Steel
Dimension and Weight Product weight: 0.0180 kg
Package weight: 0.0790 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 2.40 x 2.40 x 3.54 cm / 0.94 x 0.94 x 1.39 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 4.15 x 7.10 x 9.10 cm / 1.63 x 2.8 x 3.58 inches
Package Contents Package Contents: 1 x Atomizer, 1 x Accessory Bag, 1 x Cotton, 3 x Heating Wire, 1 x Screwdriver, 1 x English User Manual, 1 x 510 Adapter
0RfuB4g.jpg

Final Thoughts
My final thoughts on the Wotofo/SMM Nudge 24 RDA would be that this is one clever little dripper. I'm not a huge fan of alloy top chambers, but I have to admit, it does deal with the heat very well, the only downside to the design which I am seeing less and less of now, is no notches on the base, meaning the chamber will continue to spin all the way around, which in turn can make unscrewing your RDA a right pain in the ass if you have put it on too tightly, sometimes you will have to take your top off and get your fingers wet.....I'm not even going to justify that comment with a visual reference ......
The quality of vape that you get from the Nudge is right up there with the best of them, the airflow is absolutely on point as long as you don't like anything resembling a restricted hit...because you won't get one. The build deck is a true work of art, and if you can put up with the few minutes of fucking around to stop it from shorting, the rewards are more than worth it.....and to top it all off...it's a really good squonker.
Appearance wise... it doesn't really do it for me, even with the swirly resin drip tip, but at least it's available in an array of colours...some with the resin drip tip..and some with plain black....
QNwmOmU.jpg

I have to say...without the swirly drip tip, it's as dull as dishwater, but at least it's a standard 810 fitment so swapping it out...is not a problem....and having the Smurf blue one sent to me gave me the perfect opportunity to dust off my Loch Ness....seriously forgot how much I love this thing...
UlFOack.jpg

So that only really leaves me with one last thing....
The Price
At time of writing Heavengifts have the Nudge on sale for £25.60 / $35.99....and using my discount code APUGS15 it brings it down to £21.76 / $30.59 ....distinctly average I'd say - I'd be more than happy to pay that for the quality of vape this thing is capable of producing....find that deal here..
Wotofo Nudge 24 RDA
Can I recommend it?...Of course I can, it's a flavour machine, and a real good squonker too, with airflow that's enough to put the wind up anyone's sails...
xRyY1hB.gif

And I for one, will be watching with interest as to what Matt and Wotofo come up with next (cough-make me a 30mm RDA-cough)
Until next time...
Pugs.

VU Sponsors