Become a Patron!

PSA: Wismec RX Gen 3 510 is not fixed. Explanation and 510 pins explained

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yup. some are even in this thread alone. it's easy to tell usually. people who do that tend to use technical terms while people in the industries use "industry terms" you won't find on wikipedia or google. Or they go on long rants about stuff that is completely irrelevant to the conversation. it's clear as day when people do that to most people
I agree totally and you can't go anyway in life if you don't accept help!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm a Wismec fan but the wattage definitely fluctuates and it doesn't read resistance that we'll at all.
then you can understand why as a reviewer, i can't recommend them. it's not being biased but there are mods in the same price range without those issues.
I agree totally and you can't go anyway in life if you don't accept help!
those will never accept help, they are lost in their own minds lol

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
funny too that none of the people in this thread had issues with me trashing other brands mods as well lol
Every mod has its flaw, even high end ones & I'm willing to listen to anyone's opinions (within reason of course.) But yeah... Every mod I own has issues of some kind and my mods range from $20.00 - $250.00. I can find at least one con with all of them, even if I just don't like the way it feels in the hand. Still a con an sure some of my cons are subjective but still worth mentioning them.
Did you ever use or review the GX350? ? not looked into it yet

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Every mod has its flaw, even high end ones & I'm willing to listen to anyone's opinions (within reason of course.) But yeah... Every mod I own has issues of some kind and my mods range from $20.00 - $250.00. I can find at least one con with all of them, even if I just don't like the way it feels in the hand. Still a con an sure some of my cons are subjective but still worth mentioning them.
Did you ever use or review the GX350? ? not looked into it yet
I agree for sure all mods have flaws. as much as people pimp the 120-150 dollar therion and mind you i love mine, the battery trey sucks. also I've heard complaints of sticky fire button but never experienced it myself. I also agree all cons are worth mentioning even if some are all opinion or not a big deal, i always make sure to mention anything i found because it may be a big deal to others. I did review the GX350, like the size and shape. solid performer in power mode but maxed at 325 watts. temp mode sucks as all smok mods. solid device but i think the snow wolf 365 is the best of the quad mods, but the GX350 is the smallest most comfortable one. the TC on the snow wolf 265 is really good though. it's the only quad battery mod with good temp control and it handles 30mm+ size atomizers without overhang

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree for sure all mods have flaws. as much as people pimp the 120-150 dollar therion and mind you i love mine, the battery trey sucks. also I've heard complaints of sticky fire button but never experienced it myself. I also agree all cons are worth mentioning even if some are all opinion or not a big deal, i always make sure to mention anything i found because it may be a big deal to others. I did review the GX350, like the size and shape. solid performer in power mode but maxed at 325 watts. temp mode sucks as all smok mods. solid device but i think the snow wolf 365 is the best of the quad mods, but the GX350 is the smallest most comfortable one. the TC on the snow wolf 265 is really good though. it's the only quad battery mod with good temp control and it handles 30mm+ size atomizers without overhang
I agree about the battery door on the therion. Sounds the same as most smok mods, when are they gonna make decent TC.
Thanks for your thoughts, I will check them both out. I'm not up too date with quad mods much but I have heard off alot that the GX350 is comfortable to hold & I don't do TC much. I check out the TC if a mate wants me to see how it is but it's not something I use daily!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I was looking at the Snow Wolf 365 but won't be getting it ... at least for some time. I'm overloaded with mods! :)
LMAO i know the feeling. the last thing i need is another mod, but vgod has a sale and I'm tempted at grabbing their mech tube super cheap. plus i dropped 100 bucks on batteries today already and still have a 200+ dollar mod being built currently

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LMAO i know the feeling. the last thing i need is another mod, but vgod has a sale and I'm tempted at grabbing their mech tube super cheap. plus i dropped 100 bucks on batteries today already and still have a 200+ dollar mod being built currently
I ordered the Pro Mech mod because of the sale, still waiting for them to ship it. I also ordered the Elite mech, which is out for delivery right now! I'll share what I think when I use them for some time. The Gen 3 review wasn't meant to be, alas. ;)

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I also purchased VTC5A batteries specifically for my new mechs. Can't wait to see how well they work!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I ordered the Pro Mech mod because of the sale, still waiting for them to ship it. I also ordered the Elite mech, which is out for delivery right now! I'll share what I think when I use them for some time. The Gen 3 review wasn't meant to be, alas. ;)
LMAO let me know what you think. they look cool. hybrid only though. I'll get to the gen 3 review. just been really busy so knocking out the atomizer reviews currently, they are easier and quicker to do

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I also purchased VTC5A batteries specifically for my new mechs. Can't wait to see how well they work!
best 18650 batt IMO. just ordered 6 more of them and 4 of the ijoy 20700 batts
What 200+ dollar mod is being built? DNA?
Custom iPWM mod
It really does doesn't it?? I watched your review on the battlestar too! Good mod eh
LMAO yeah battlestar is great too. best value in vaping. I've seen them sell as low as under 30 bucks but usually around 35 bucks. good build quality, good 510 pin, good performance in power mode and temp mode. hard to complain. not sure why it wasn't hyped up more.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a Wismec fan but the wattage definitely fluctuates and it doesn't read resistance that we'll at all.
It looks like the board and/or stock firmware is a bit shit. That would put me off more than the 510 although I got no intention of getting one anyway - I have a few mods and pretty much the only ones I ever use I made them or hohmtech made them.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have the Vapor Shark DNA 250. It works great but the attys I can put on it are so limited in size because of how small the mod is, so I don't use it much. Had I thought about it before buying it I would have bought a dual or triple 18650 DNA instead. I know better for the future now!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It looks like the board and/or stock firmware is a bit shit. That would put me off more than the 510 although I got no intention of getting one anyway - I have a few mods and pretty much the only ones I ever use I made them or hohmtech made them.
the G2 is a beast! love it. sad the FDA regs stopped them from making more. They were working on a quad battery mod as well called the "hohmrun" then FDA regs stepped in and fucked up those plans

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
best 18650 batt IMO. just ordered 6 more of them and 4 of the ijoy 20700 batts

Custom iPWM mod

LMAO yeah battlestar is great too. best value in vaping. I've seen them sell as low as under 30 bucks but usually around 35 bucks. good build quality, good 510 pin, good performance in power mode and temp mode. hard to complain. not sure why it wasn't hyped up more.
It feels more expensive than what it is & I agree on the batteries, lot of fakes about though so gotta make sure it's a reputable vender!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have the Vapor Shark DNA 250. It works great but the attys I can put on it are so limited in size because of how small the mod is, so I don't use it much. Had I thought about it before buying it I would have bought a dual or triple 18650 DNA instead. I know better for the future now!
yeah i never got one personally because it's thin (23mm) and the bottom screen doesn't do it for me

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
It feels more expensive than what it is & I agree on the batteries, lot of fakes about though so gotta make sure it's a reputable vender!
of course :) got them from IMR usually i use illumn then liion then IMR but only IMR had both the ijoys and VTC5a in stock

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Cheers for that! Didn't think even custom ones cost that much!
they are pricy and hard to find. we had a dude here selling them for like 250 i think for a DNA custom but he wound up doing shoddy work and ripping everyone off.

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the G2 is a beast! love it. sad the FDA regs stopped them from making more. They were working on a quad battery mod as well called the "hohmrun" then FDA regs stepped in and fucked up those plans
I think the G2 is comfortably the best mod I bought. DNA fanboys tend to moan about the ka1 temp control but really...how good does a dna do ka1 temp control? They pick on the only thing that the dna doesn't do 'at all'.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the G2 is comfortably the best mod I bought. DNA fanboys tend to moan about the ka1 temp control but really...how good does a dna do ka1 temp control? They pick on the only thing that the dna doesn't do 'at all'.
To be fair I've bee after a G2 for months but no UK vendors ever had it :(

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Do ijoy do 26650 batteries too?? I need some better batteries for my nx100. Went with fucking efest after people saying they were better but I'm not impressed. Less battery life than an 18650 in my pico!!
yup and they are the best ones. I have 3 pairs of them to use in my lux and rage unregulated box mod plus 2 singles to use in my 26650 mech tube and single batt mods like the NX100 and aegis

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
LMAO right. I love the G2. i have 4 G2s and 3 slice's that's how much i love the chip. I prefer it to DNA chips myself. I also have i think currently 5 or 6 DNA 250 mods

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
To be fair I've bee after a G2 for months but no UK vendors ever had it :(
yeah that's the hard part. best bet is find a buddy in the states or call a US site and ask if they can ship. it'll cost a bit more but it's worth it

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks I will order some! I'll be getting the aegis at some point too
Love the aegis. had to buy one cause i beat up my review sample to test durability and didn't want to use an ugly mod lol. temp mode sucks but watt mode and power curve are great

That good eh?? I was getting it cos of the durability. Maybe I'll be suprised here! :)
yup that good. Wish they made nicer looking boxes but the chip in temp mode is fantastic. My rankings is FSK > SX550J > DNA250 but all 3 are great

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the aegis. had to buy one cause i beat up my review sample to test durability and didn't want to use an ugly mod lol. temp mode sucks but watt mode and power curve are great

yup that good. Wish they made nicer looking boxes but the chip in temp mode is fantastic. My rankings is FSK > SX550J > DNA250 but all 3 are great
FSK? ? Your gonna have to remind me cos very tired dude. Been up since 6am but I have to say I prefer most SX mods to DNA.
Just my personal preference!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Cool I'll be getting one of each when I can get them shipped. Is the paint on the slice as bad as people say?? I'll just order a wrap if it is
Is the paint on any mod good lol? if you use it normally it'll be fine but if you drop it alot and scratch it up, it'll chip off eventually. All of mine look damn near new though but same for most of my mods. I take good care of them, except that poor aegis i beat to shit

VU Sponsors